What did you learn today?

Littlefingers In The Air

last night I learnt that my ex regards four nights a month as an unreasonably high amount of time to be expected to spend with his children. Also that he thinks posting about this on facebook before informing me and/or the kids about this is a good idea. Possibly because he's too stupid to remember that while he blocked me he left my entire family on his friends list.

Today, I learned that the India Meteorological Dept (the Met, as it's called here) predicted the monsoon to arrive in Delhi tomorrow. About 20 minutes after being told this, the monsoon... well, it arrived.

I am, however, dry. So far.

Naz, take care.

Today I learned all of the things you folks learned and posted in this thread. Thanks!

I also learned just how much 12 year olds DESPISE scientific notation.

So do 22 year olds.

Today I learned that if I get greedy and try to cook 3 pork chops in the frying pan at the same time I'll wind up with some very rare places on the pork chops. Yummy.

Is there anything else than outdoors?

We top roped. They had some anchors pinned in, as it was an established route, that we used.

Good times.

Well, there are often anchors on a lead route -- it sounds like that might be what you actually did. Did you bring the rope up with you, and clip into anchors as you went up, with or without placing quickdraws? Or was the belay already set up at the top of the route, with the ends of the rope hanging for you to use?

I learned these. Don't hate me.

I learned I'm a bit more gullible than I thought!, at least before my coffee! I just thought, Oh Wales has a volcano, i didn't know!

(I wish the voracious, radiation consumers was true though)

I learned these. Don't hate me.

I hate you! :P They had me until the visitors from the future. I WANTED to believe! :(

I learned I'm a bit more gullible than I thought!, at least before my coffee! I just thought, Oh Wales has a volcano, i didn't know!

(I wish the voracious, radiation consumers was true though)

Me too. We truly live in a fallen world.

I, OTOH, learned something TRUE. Willow tree twigs, soaked in water, produce an excellent rooting medium (the resulting willow water, that is.)

You take a cutting from your favorite plant that you want to duplicate, stick it in the willow hormone water, and in a week or so, maybe faster, it'll have roots so you can plant it.

This guy goes through the steps in excruciating detail, but actually it's quite helpful. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q43vCYEwNW8

(Maybe everyone knew this already, but I didn't.)

I think the key mistake you made here was to forget that Wales doesn't exist and therefore can't have volcanoes.

I think the key mistake you made here was to forget that Wales doesn't exist and therefore can't have volcanoes.

Yes, you are right.

However if its imaginary, It can have whatever we like...:p

According to a Facebook friend, people who can pay for a monthly cell phone and internet bill and save up over a year for a vacation aren't in poverty. And if you're in debt that you can't pay back because you lack sufficient income, you're not in poverty. You're just in debt.

You take a cutting from your favorite plant that you want to duplicate, stick it in the willow hormone water, and in a week or so, maybe faster, it'll have roots so you can plant it.

This guy goes through the steps in excruciating detail, but actually it's quite helpful. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q43vCYEwNW8

(Maybe everyone knew this already, but I didn't.)

That's awesome and I can't wait to try it!

I learned that I have two exams to re-sit but I've passed all the rest of my Second Year Modules. I even got a few marks off a first for my most important piece of work, taking into account how crappy and difficult a time I've had with this year I'm actually quite pleased...once I got over my panic and crying when I first got them because I thought the results were so bad even though they were all high 2:2 and 2:1

Well Done!

You've fought hard for this, and kept your chin up! A few marks off a first, :thumbsup: I knew you could do it!!!

Thank you!!!! I have two exams to re-sit but if I work hard I think I can average a 2:1 - I just hope my exams don't clash with LonCon :(

Archived