[Spoilers] True Detective VIII - Without Ginger There is No You

Relic

As someone who has read the entire ASOIAF series and watched every GoT episode ~4 times, and lurked here for years, I registered partially because I was so annoyed by this asinine ginger-meme in this thread.

Uhhhh, what?

I changed it since I didn't get notified by a mod that the title was inappropriate.

Now I'm not sure which is the greatest thing ever. Ginger? Or the fact that there are people who get pissy about Ginger love? Toss up at this point.

I don't know, maybe it's something about trying read a discussion and having to sift through 30% of the posts being humorless in-jokes about Ginger. I guess whatever entertains you.

Someone has gingered us by changing the title. What does this mean? I've got a deer antler on my front porch, too. And the book I'm reading is yellow. And my husband has been asking me a lot of questions about my doings because he's 'concerned'.

And now I find the title has changed again so my theories turned out to be a waste of time (like a lof of the theories). It's fun getting involved though.

@starving. Glad to have you come out from the shadows. I'll defer to your expertise on lack of humour and not mention he-of-the beard. I take it you were lucky enough to never encounter T-Dogg in the Walking dead threads?

I don't know, maybe it's something about trying read a discussion and having to sift through 30% of the posts being humorless in-jokes about Ginger. I guess whatever entertains you.

Oh yes, sifting. That must have been terribly hard for you. So sorry. #thirdworldproblems

And now I find the title has changed again so my theories turned out to be a waste of time (like a lof of the theories). It's fun getting involved though.

@starving. Glad to have you come out from the shadows. I'll defer to your expertise on lack of humour and not mention he-of-the beard. I take it you were lucky enough to never encounter T-Dogg in the Walking dead threads?

No, fortunately I haven't seen the T-dogg threads. Though I do watch WD, it isn't nearly good enough to warrant me reading discussions about it. ...except when I find myself saying "why am I watching this garbage?"

As someone who has read the entire ASOIAF series and watched every GoT episode ~4 times, and lurked here for years, I registered partially because I was so annoyed by this asinine ginger-meme in this thread.

I think this might reflect worse on you than it does on the people enjoying the Ginger meme.

You mean...Ginger made you do it????

:leaving:

Bless your heart, starving. I feel badly for you. I agree with you; these gingerfied people with their inane gingerish comments are bordering on gingerific stupidity.

I mean, I don't get it. What's the big deal about Ginger?!?

I've decided that when the series ends, we need to get Ran to create a 'Mystery (Ginger!!) Forum' where we have to solve something. Just think of all the conspiracies we could hatch.

I've decided that when the series ends, we need to get Ran to create a 'Mystery (Ginger!!) Forum' where we have to solve something. Just think of all the conspiracies we could hatch.

Then we can start a forum pool to wager on how long it takes before the Mystery forum is collapsed into Forum Games.

I marathoned this show yesterday. I need time to process everything, and probably re-watch; but first, a few observations:

-HBO shows really do have the best opening credits.

-Matthew McConaughey might win an Oscar and an Emmy in the same year. Alright, alright, alright.

-I admire you folks who have watched this show from the beginning. I have nowhere near the patience required to wait a week between episodes.

Another awesome interview with NP Well worth the read.

liked this bit

I think there’s a lot of self-projection going on in certain cases; like the show has become a Rorschach test for a specific contingent of the audience in which they read their own obsessions into it. This is what it means to resonate with people, so I don’t mind it. The danger is that it’s myopic and unfairly reductive, like a literary theorist who only sees Marxism or Freudianism rather the totality of a work.

Another awesome interview with NP Well worth the read.

liked this bit

Every time Nic Pizzolatto gives an interview, my opinion of him goes up. Although I have been more critical than most in these threads, I think True Detectives is one of the most interesting things on television and I am looking forward both to the finale and to a second season.

While I agree that the Ginger thing that happens in these threads is goofy and confusing, it's hardly worth being the sole reason for registering on a message board just to shit on. It's the internet dude , what do you expect? Inside jokes and memes are easy to start, and those that are in on it think it's hilarious and those that aren't don't need to get angry about it. There was a meme like a year or so ago where people kept photoshopping eye glasses on GoT characters and then typed a bunch of nonsense on the picture. I was never able to figure out what it meant or why people thought it was funny, but I just figured I wasn't supposed to.

Woo-sah, homie.

Bless your heart, starving. I feel badly for you. I agree with you; these gingerfied people with their inane gingerish comments are bordering on gingerific stupidity.

I mean, I don't get it. What's the big deal about Ginger?!?

Thank you for feeling bad for me. It makes me feel better when you feel bad. You guys have won me over. I think this whole website should be turned into a huge ginger grab-ass festival. Someone sneak in and add some ginger jokes to the ASOIAF chapter summaries. It won't actually be funny, but it'll be hip because we're "in on it". :)

Archived