What are you listening to? Vol XII: Everybody has a different way to view the world

Ferrum Aeternum

That box set is from Numero Group, right? I have the second box of the Unwound reissues they're putting out and, aside from some minor nitpicks with the vinyl quality, it's a beautiful production.

Yep, that's the one. I've been a long time fan of the Número Group, especially the Eccentric Soul stuff, and I'm stoked on this new series of the somewhat overlooked post-punk stuff. Can't wait to see what they do next.

On that note... Unwound - Fake Train

Yep, that's the one. I've been a long time fan of the Número Group, especially the Eccentric Soul stuff, and I'm stoked on this new series of the somewhat overlooked post-punk stuff. Can't wait to see what they do next.

On that note... Unwound - Fake Train

Indeed.

Funny, Fake Train is the how I found out about the Numero group reissues. It was the only one of their first five albums I didn't own on vinyl (having never picked it up when Unwound was still around) and my search for it online led me to news about the box sets. I'm stoked because now I can get their final album on vinyl as well.

I've been listening to Stromae for the first time over the last couple of days. I can see why he became so big on the continent! My French is good enough to understand the general themes if not always the specifics, but I really like the contrast between the very danceable music and the heavier subject matter. I know he's most famous for Alors on danse and Papaoutai, but I think my favourite is probably Te Quiero.

ST

Archived