Walking Dead Season 5 (No Comic Spoilers)

Howdyphillip

Bobs Burgers mmmm

Anyone know why he was crying at the end? Maybe I missed something?

My guess is he was bit when he went under water and was upset he needs to die or he'll turn.

And if that's true that means Bob's Burgers have served tainted meat

Good new episode. The new dynamics of this group have been firmly established and later episodes will benefit from that. Using the survivors from Terminus as the hunters is smart (I haven't read the comics but I'm mildly familiar with that plotline). The car with the cross car showing up surprised me, as did awesome the last scene, naturally. I found the attempts at humor fairly weak but overall this was a good follow-up.

My guess is he was bit when he went under water and was upset he needs to die or he'll turn.

That'd be a great twist. Unfortunately it'd mean that the conflict with the cannibals is already pretty much decided, seeing as Gareth and co would be infected. In any case Bob's probably a goner.

ETA: But wouldn't Gareth have seen the bite on Bob's leg?

Poor Bob. First he was playful with Sasha and I thought, "damn, that's not a good sign for him." And then he started monologuing to Rick I knew his days were numbered. He was the lone survivor of two different groups and now he'll be the first one to die from this group. Damn.

That was pretty crazy. I thought Tyrese killed that guy in the cabin but apparently not cause he was at the fire grubbin.

Not only T didn't kill him but he also looks pretty fine considering all the beating he took. I thought his face should be in worst shape :dunno:

My hope is that Bob got all weepy because he knew he was infected from swallowing zombie water.... and he'll have his revenge on Gareth & company via "mad bob disease"

Add me to the group who thinks Bob was bitten and those guys just ate virus infected meat. I mean,if he wasn't, what was then the point of that "one more" kiss that looked almost like goodbye and that sad walk outside the church?

Also speaking of poor Bob,I got the feeling he knows Termites. The way Gareth was talking to him made me think they knew each other "it makes sense it was you" or something. WTF Gareth? Was Bob one of them?

That ending btw...ewwwww

I liked this episode. It's really great start of the season.

Didn't get much of that explanation about the cure though...still don't know what is the plan.

For one moment I thought priest is part of the group that took Beth. I think he's the one who stacked that house Beth and Daryl were in and who was somehow in contact with people who took her. He would set the trap and when someone is ion the house he would call others to come and get who they need/want etc. I'm probably completely wrong :)

Also speaking of poor Bob,I got the feeling he knows Termites. The way Gareth was talking to him made me think they knew each other "it makes sense it was you" or something. WTF Gareth? Was Bob one of them?

Well, Bob was one of the 4 people from Ricks group at the trough in the season premiere and tried to talk Gareth out of killing them. Gareth knows that Bob is part of the group that ruined Terminus. That is what I think Gareth meant about it being fitting that it was Bob.

And with Gareth now definitely still alive and needing to be dealt with, maybe Rick will kill him with that red-handled machete after all.

Well, Bob was one of the 4 people from Ricks group at the trough in the season premiere and tried to talk Gareth out of killing them. Gareth knows that Bob is part of the group that ruined Terminus. That is what I think Gareth meant about it being fitting that it was Bob.

And with Gareth now definitely still alive and needing to be dealt with, maybe Rick will kill him with that red-handled machete after all.

I hope for machete too.

I guess I read too much into it but it looked for a moment it was more than just-Bob is part of the group that took them down.

RE: Infected Bob Meat.

Remember that everyone is already infected. Getting bitten by a zomibe in Walking Dead doesn't give you the virus. It gives you an infection that kills you quickly. It would seem like cooking the meat would kill that infection though.

Here is my crackpot theory. Bob was bitten on the foot, so Gareth accidentally saved his life by cutting it off. After all, there is always a silver lining...

Really enjoyed the beginning of this season. Both very solid episodes, though the Mullet Science Guy is obviously full of shit, and I was really hoping Rick/Carol/Darryl/someone would call him out on it.

I was surprised Tyrese let that guy live. "I WON'T. I WON'T. I WON'T."

Wonder how bad that decision is going to end up for Tyreese.

I could see the guy he let live (don't know if his name was mentioned) killing Sasha. Which would really screw with Tyreese. No good deed goes unpunished after all in the Walking Dead.

I *knew* Bob was going to get it - as soon as I saw last week's preview and he was being snuggly with Sasha. Couples don't last long in TWD.

I was getting all psyched about 3 guys from the Wire... and then Bob pulls a Hershel

My hope is that Bob got all weepy because he knew he was infected from swallowing zombie water.... and he'll have his revenge on Gareth & company via "mad bob disease"

Hah! Coffee snorted through my nose on that one!

As soon as he came up from underwater, I thought he'd been bitten. And I assumed that is why he was crying (like several others here).

So, let's hope the meet is tainted and hurts those cannibal bastards!

Remember that everyone is already infected. Getting bitten by a zomibe in Walking Dead doesn't give you the virus. It gives you an infection that kills you quickly. It would seem like cooking the meat would kill that infection though.

If this was the case, then the Terminites would never have needed to kill people that were alive, they could have been sustained by zombie meat.

Really enjoyed the beginning of this season. Both very solid episodes, though the Mullet Science Guy is obviously full of shit, and I was really hoping Rick/Carol/Darryl/someone would call him out on it.

I'm still not so sure that he is full of shit and he did clarify a little last night when he said that DC had infrastructure in place to withstand the zombie apocalypse. A cure may still be far-fetched, but I think he has good reason to believe they will at least find genuine refuge in DC in the meantime.

If this was the case, then the Terminites would never have needed to kill people that were alive, they could have been sustained by zombie meat.

Well, no, infected or not, fresh preserved meat is better than rotten decomposing meat.

Here is my crackpot theory. Bob was bitten on the foot, so Gareth accidentally saved his life by cutting it off. After all, there is always a silver lining...

Agree with the first part, however had a close look at the foot they were roasting over the fire and I couldn't see any bite marks. But yeah I reckon Bob was done bit. As an aside what meat were the termites actually chowing down on? Pork? Looked delicious.

Not only T didn't kill him but he also looks pretty fine considering all the beating he took. I thought his face should be in worst shape :dunno:

I thought the first 5 minutes of the episode with the slow-mo footage of them walking then cut scenes of them interacting at different times of the day was meant to show the passage of time as they moved away from Terminus.

Plenty of time for his face to heal and also Gareth's bullet wound to heal... though now that I think about it Rick still had cuts and bruises on his face from Terminus so that's kind of crap.

It's not really a situation of "If this was the case". We were straight up told at the CDC that everyone is infected. That is why when people die of bullet wounds they come back as zombies. The virus isn't spread through a zombie bite.

Wonder how bad that decision is going to end up for Tyreese.

I could see the guy he let live (don't know if his name was mentioned) killing Sasha. Which would really screw with Tyreese. No good deed goes unpunished after all in the Walking Dead.

True. I hope it doesn't bite him in the ass.

Yeah that was surprising to me. He sounded like he was going to town on that guy's face. Makes sense why he really made sure Carol wouldn't go back in that cabin.

Bob will, you know, find the positive in this situation.

In any case Bob's probably a goner.
ETA: But wouldn't Gareth have seen the bite on Bob's leg?

It was night? Maybe that's the silver lining here for Bob. Ha. It was night, so the eaters didn't see that they were saving Bob by cutting off the bitten limb.

Maybe it'll be a new brand of turning we'll see from them? Like a slow cooker that seeps into their eyes gradually and gives them time to freak out and say everything they need to say, like "You bastards!!!!"

I think the preacher man's sin was one of omission / inaction, like that saying about "When good people stand by and do nothing, ..."

Beth might have been "Saved" for some kind of breeding program that some idjit is trying to bring back the species with while also gaining a harem?

Archived