Football LXIX - I'm running out of title ideas

baxus

Holy god, that was fantastic! I understand his loan is working out very well. I haven't heard anything lately about Guidetti...any idea what's up there?

It really seems to be going great.

Guidetti - Not sure tbh. I'm not of the opinion that loaning him to Mark Hughes was a great idea in the first place bearing in mind that teams like Villa, Everton and Fulham were all reportedly interested. Think that might count as a dropped bollock on behalf of City.

It really seems to be going great.

Guidetti - Not sure tbh. I'm not of the opinion that loaning him to Mark Hughes was a great idea in the first place bearing in mind that teams like Villa, Everton and Fulham were all reportedly interested. Think that might count as a dropped bollock on behalf of City.

I'm really not that comfortable with us chasing the same players as Stoke, Fulham and Villa..

I can't even begin to imagine how smug jose will be if he wins the champions league with a 3rd different club. However I really don't see them having any chance against the probable other 3 semi finalists. And hopefully they fuck up the league through fatigue as well.

I can't even begin to imagine how smug jose will be if he wins the champions league with a 3rd different club. However I really don't see them having any chance against the probable other 3 semi finalists. And hopefully they fuck up the league through fatigue as well.

I think they were pretty lucky to scrape by PSG, but the away goals rule can be a harsh mistress (especially when your away goal was on a PK). I don't see Jose going past the next round. Personally, I'd like to see him lose to Real just for the added ignominy of losing to the club he just left.

This is the rule we have in Scotland, and still we have players caught out complaining that they didn't understand it. How hard is it to understand 'no betting on football matches'?

Bayern Munich: Neuer, Lahm, Dante, Boateng, Alaba, Gotze, Muller, Kroos, Ribery, Robben, Mandzukic, Subs: Raeder, Van Buyten, Rafinha, Pizarro, Weiser, Hojbjerg, Weihrauch.

Man Utd: De Gea; Jones, Smalling, Vidic, Evra; Fletcher, Carrick; Valencia, Rooney, Kagawa; Welbeck. Subs: Lindegaard, Büttner, Ferdinand, Giggs, Januzaj, Young, Hernandez.

I can't help but feel that Pep's taking an unnecessary risk fielding a midfield that protects their CBs that little. I mean, they should beat us anyway, but Rooney and Kagawa are going to get a lot more space than they should be given.

This is the rule we have in Scotland, and still we have players caught out complaining that they didn't understand it. How hard is it to understand 'no betting on football matches'?

Seems pretty easy to understand in theory, so I would be skeptical of claims that the rule was "misunderstood" in any way apart from, "I didn't understand there was any chance I would be caught." ;)

I suppose the sheer prevalence of betting establishments in the UK is a big temptation, in the US it's all just outright illegal except for a few enclaves. I myself have never bet on a sporting event of any sort, not because I disapprove of it, but simply because of lack of opportunity. (I'd have done it when I visited Manchester if I had been thinking about it...would have won too as City beat Everton 3-1 that day...dammit!) ;)

You're missing out my friend. I was gonna switch between but this game is so much better, what's the point?

Afraid I'll miss something!

United are basically playing Walter Smith football, which is good considering Fletcher wanted him to manage United. :laugh:

Speaking of which, it shows how desperate United are playing him. He's well past it, and he never had much of a first touch or any kind of skill to start off with. Bayern on the other hand play with it like it's silk (both a good and bad thing).

Afraid I'll miss something!

United are basically playing Walter Smith football, which is good considering Fletcher wanted him to manage United. :laugh:

Speaking of which, it shows how desperate United are playing him. He's well past it, and he never had much of a first touch or any kind of skill to start off with. Bayern on the other hand play with it like it's silk (both a good and bad thing).

Oi, don't be dissing Fletcher. He was always good for us and he's done his job today.

Last year's Bayern would have brutalised us. Pep's ruined them. We shouldn't have a chance here yet somehow we still do. If they play Chelsea they're gonna get ravaged on the break and despite their big team problem this season, Madrid's front three are gonna fancy their chances too.

Archived