[Book Spoilers] EP404 Discussion

Ran

Ugh no. Go discuss last week's crap in last week's subforum please.

yeah I pretty much liked everything about the White Walker scene except for the "King Walker" or whoever he was appearance.

Cheers. :cheers:
Those two didnt confirm anything but if GRRM didnt give them that information, ill eat my hat. The "King Walker" seems not quite like a king or anything. I made a thread about this and i hope it gets approved tonight so we can discuss it.

I think if they had panned down to Tommen's blankets they would have seen him sporting a nice pup tent. :P

lel. My mum is all "hes like 13 right? I think he just got his first woody." I died laughing. Dat Regime Change Boar keeps making an appearance. I love it.

I agree! How is this not going to ruin the next book? I don't mind deviating from the books, in fact some of the show's changes have been really good. But spoilers of something we haven't read (or that hasn't been written) is not cool. IMHO!

I'm with you. I wasn't sure what was happening with the babies. I assumed they were being turned to walkers, but the revelation being made by GRRM is what I want.

I'm still gonna watch, but I'll be sceered.

I don't feel spoiled at all by the ending. We now know perhaps another canon fact about the Others, but we don't know any of the implications here. Maybe we just have even more questions. :)

Do the babies grow into....? Full grown Others? Babies are pretty useless when it comes to killing people so I am assuming they may be growing an army. That would take some time to do. This is interesting. Or perhaps this is how they procreate, and this kind of thing isn't very prevalent. Any ideas?

Well, since there's nothing in the books about a Great Other or a king of White Walkers, it could be Coldhands... but most probably not.

No Melisandre mentions The Great Other in Storm of Swords.

Melisandr's thinks R'hllor represented by Stannis should go to the wall to defeat the Lord of Darkness.

George made that all murky to me in the books, since by the end of Dance Stannis is off messing with Roose.

The whole Great Other story , others and wights stuff is just thin in the books so far in the novels.

At one point during the episode I was wondering if I had read the same books. Not that I hated the changes, but ehh they were pretty contrived. And tbh they could've had Jon go to Craster's without knowing Bran was there, just imagine the dramatic tension that would bring!

That Darth Maul looking dude was pretty surprising though. And there was something about 13 and the Night's King? I'm pretty sure there were that many shadows behind frozen Darth Maul.

Sorry…the Darth Maul cracked me up.

Yeah, I knew it looked familiar. A cross between Darth Maul and the Dark Lord, because he looked like Voldemort too.

LOL!

It's not ruinign the next book, it's long been suspected that the Others transform the babies, it's nearly canon at this stage. That ending spoils nothing from the next book.

I suspected but I don't believe anyone thinks of it as "cannon" as it does not appear in the Good Books of GRRM.

But it does fit into the overall theme of "no absolute evil".

Someone said that at this point The WWs are now in the running for Best Parents in Westeros!

:D

Edited by TheReal_Rebel

I agree! How is this not going to ruin the next book? I don't mind deviating from the books, in fact some of the show's changes have been really good. But spoilers of something we haven't read (or that hasn't been written) is not cool. IMHO!

HBO and the show runners aren't concerned about the feelings of book readers, like it or not. They own the rights to the books and can go at any pace they choose. They will make whatever changes and present whatever information to viewers that they feel moves the story along in the way they want it to. If book readers are uncomfortable potentially learning information on screen before they do when WoW comes out, they pretty much need to watch at their own risk.

Was that the Great Other? I never envisioned him as a physical being, more a powerful entity like R'hllor...

I guess this means AA reborn (Jon?) will be killing the sucker rather than just his minions?

The great other doesnt have to be a diety and the other Gods in the series don't necessarily exist either

There was a lot of stuff I thought I was going to talk about when I posted in this thread. Love Dany's black and red Targ Flag draped over the Harpy. Ser Muthafuckin Pounce. Olenna getting as close as we could get to an "I did it" speech to Marge re Joffrey's death. Karl the Legend of Gin Alley heeling it the fuck up at CRaster's Keep. The beginning of Janos Slynt's politicking and coalition building. Locke showing Mole's Town isn't the place to go to find Moles. Jaime and Tyrion finally having a scene together again, Sansa beginning to learn and ask the right questions. GHOST IS BACK.

But.

But.

OMG.

Hitting hard with the divergence in the last 10 minutes or so. I have no idea what's coming next and I love it. Bran and Jon converging on the same point? Interesting.

BUT BUT BUT BUT BUT BUT

I do believe we just got future book content spoiled. Maybe? Confirmation of a heretofore unfounded fan theory?

Hush little baby don't say a word

Others gonna buy you a mockingbird

Hush little baby don't you cry

Others gonna give you big blue eyes

The Others. Doing something. And I do believe we just got a glimpse of The Land Of Always Winter and/or Others HQ. I am, to say the least, pumped up.

Gonna be a little disappointing now when the focus switches away from them for a while. I'm ready for them to come fuck Westeros up.

Team Others #1. Everyone else is 2 or lower.

I don't feel spoiled at all by the ending. We now know perhaps another canon fact about the Others, but we don't know any of the implications here. Maybe we just have even more questions. :)

Do the babies grow into....? Full grown Others? Babies are pretty useless when it comes to killing people so I am assuming they may be growing an army. That would take some time to do. This is interesting. Or perhaps this is how they procreate, and this kind of thing isn't very prevalent. Any ideas?

I suppose it begs the question, what came first the baby or the white walker?