Arrow 4: Clash of the Queens (Season 2 spoilers)

Mladen

No, I recently learned that Lois does in fact have a sister, at least in some comics. I was trying to show off my newfound comics trivia knowledge without being too obvious about it.

Yea, I found that too, so many story lines that I missed, after I got old.

First Jubilee got down graded in the X-men movies ( she was in all 3 movies? well sort of) then they made her a vampire? WTF???

First Jubilee got down graded in the X-men movies ( she was in all 3 movies? well sort of) then they made her a vampire? WTF???

They did what?

I liked Jubilee... She brought a nice levity to the over seriousness of Wolvie and Storm and Cyclops, etc

They did what?

I liked Jubilee... She brought a nice levity to the over seriousness of Wolvie and Storm and Cyclops, etc

Yeah, the X-men franchise did some really stupid things with characters after the whole depowering thing where they came up with ridiculous ways of giving them new powers which defeats the whole point really.

As she isn't turning up in any films they won't be rushing to change her back. Then again from the 2 issues I read of a new series with Jubilee in it they seem to be pretending to ignore the vampire stuff anyhow. Jubilee worked best in the cartoon tbh - although she had her moments in Gerneration X too. The whole Robin to Wolverine was a bit crap in the comics

I liked the finale, though I don't think it was as good as season one's.

Surprised by Slade's fate, confused about the relationship between ARGUS and Oliver, though that will probably be slowly revealed next season, underwhelmed by the Thea-Roy-Malcolm storyline, but I liked the Olicity thing and how it played out. Also, and I will put these in spoilers,

Isabel's death was very anticlimactic, and the cliffhanger with Det. Lance was stupid. If you want to kill him, show it. If not, then a case of internal bleeding is not how you end it in this show.

And lol at the Flash trailer.

This was pretty good apart from the Thea drama.

Looks like Slade will join the Suicide Squad pretty soon.

Pleased he isn't dead and there's some potential for redemption if the miracuru was what made him insane. Also relieved that Sara survived,

The waller connection in the past was a surprise.

Hopefully Thea will get her shit together as a dark Jedi - otherwise she can stay gonr.

That was fun. Great action as usual. I liked the cuts from past to present during the showdown between Oliver and Slade.

I'm very glad Sara didn't die.

Not a lot of bad, Thea's story was lame, Lance's injury makes for a fairly stupid cliffhanger and Sara giving Laurel her jacket made me cringe, but I think at this point that's a conditioned response to Laurel's character in general.

Oh yeah: Slade's idea that Oliver liked "strong women" should have gone out the window the moment he met Laurel, shouldn't it? And between the quiet bravery and general unassuming competence of Felicity and Laurel's countless flaws, presumptious arrogance and apparent need for validation the second she isn't being completely incompetent, which character actually looks stronger? Not to mention that Laurel's contribution to the story was once again reduced to getting kidnapped.

I swear, if it wasn't for interview comments from the showrunners I would guess that Felicity is supposed to be the long-term love interest and partner of Oliver's. As it is, they seem happy to tease people with that, my guess is there's going to be a lot of unhappy shippers when Oliver and Laurel finally officially become official.

Uh, almost forgot: the flashbacks have finally left the island. Yay!

That was fun. Great action as usual. I liked the cuts from past to present during the showdown between Oliver and Slade.

That was really well choreographed.

Shame Olly didn't jab Slade with the cure way back when - this season would have been pretty dull if he had though.

Wonder how long Olly will be stuck on the Hong Kong island? Maybe he can do a tour of islands? Madagascar, Ireland, Hawaii

I really enjoyed that finale. I'm actually on the opposite end when it comes to Dark Thea as I'm glad to see her run off with Daddy Merlyn and train to be a badass. I feel like I'm the only person here who truly recognizes all the shit she has gone through over the course of the last two seasons (everyone just complains she's annoying or lame) and thinks that her reactions and actions are completely justified.

I'm pumped for Hong Kong and you have to believe some Russian mob is going to be thrown in. Next season's flashbacks will get very interesting I'm sure. I'm also really happy that Slade isn't dead since I love Manu Bennett in this and any excuse for them to bring him back ala Barrowman is ok with me.

So who's the big bad next season?

I really enjoyed that finale. I'm actually on the opposite end when it comes to Dark Thea as I'm glad to see her run off with Daddy Merlyn and train to be a badass. I feel like I'm the only person here who truly recognizes all the shit she has gone through over the course of the last two seasons (everyone just complains she's annoying or lame) and thinks that her reactions and actions are completely justified.

I'm pumped for Hong Kong and you have to believe some Russian mob is going to be thrown in. Next season's flashbacks will get very interesting I'm sure. I'm also really happy that Slade isn't dead since I love Manu Bennett in this and any excuse for them to bring him back ala Barrowman is ok with me.

So who's the big bad next season?

I'm right there with you on Thea. It comes across as a very real way to react to all the shit that has happened to her in these two seasons. I just think people were put off by the actress initially and just continue to dislike everything with her.

Loved the way the finale played out. From the assasins showing up to the question about how Ollie learned to fly a plane, the whole episode delivered. I especially liked the fake out Ollie and Felicity did. They had me fooled(maybe more truth to what he told her than even he believes?) and until she pulled the syringe I thought it was just going to play out like on the island.

I also chuckled at the bit of Flash we got to see(him catching Ollie's arrow). While not telling us anything about the Flash show, it got me hyped.

I still say that the overall DC movie verse is making a huge mistake by not including the shows into thier world. With Flash and Arrow they have a nice start for the Justice league and television would allow them to showcase other heroes that wouldn't really hold thier own movie franchise. Heck do a DC universe show where they just have rotating stories about different heroes.

All in all another fantastic season that just heightens my anticipation for more.

I enjoyed the finale... Especially the return of the Nissa. And Felicity was so cool with her introduction to League of Assassins. Not sure about Laurel and Lance, and Thea and Malcolm did provide some new path for her character. I am also all for abandoning the island, although I think we might get back there one day. Also, I am not sure that Slade is staying there for a long time... Finally, the ambiguity of Oliver/Felicity love moment is a nice touch.

i hate to be negative but no way felicity would have been able to inject slade with the mirakuru even if slade was distracted. i mean the whole point of the mirakuru is it gives you enhanced strength, speed, stamina and reflexes.

but if one is distracted, then only a strong Spidey sense would help him, which the mirakuru does not give.

Archived