American Horror Story: Freak Show - Send in the Clowns!

Sci-2

Agreed, I was mildly fascinated by Twisty because of my fear of clowns and his story broke my heart.

The finger breaking, and Dandys victim not being dead as he was being slaughtered was up there with Elsas legs.

Even though I love Walking Dead, this was disturbing on an emotional level because you know there are sick f*cks like that in real life.

I agree. There's something about this show that makes me feel dirty watching it - and I don't feel that way at all about TWD.

Ryan Murphy is one sick fuck.

ETA: Oh, you reminded me. A lot of people say they are afraid of clowns - in fact, we had a thread about it. When I really think about it, it isn't that I fear clowns. It's more a feeling of distaste. And this is coming from someone who dressed as a clown one Halloween! :P (It was a gigantic costume, much too big for me, and we stuffed pillows in the breast region and the ass - so I was a caricature sexy clown.)

Dandy, for god's sake... "why aren't you dead? You're making me feel bad! it's your fault!!".

The actor is nailing the part.

The scene with the cupcakes is confusing, but I think I got it.

dude-who-couldn't-talk-in-Coven is with the twins and he offers them a cupcake. When he does, he fantasies about them dying and taking them to the Museum. In the museum, he explains how they died, although he's lying. But all of this is the fantasy of what would happen if they accept the cupcake, which they don't. The scene is played backwards. Should be: 1) offering 2) fantasy 3) explanation in fantasy 4) refusing in reality. It's played as 1) fantasy 2) explanation (which includes the imagined scene of them accepting the cupcake) 3) back to reality in which they said no.

I agree. There's something about this show that makes me feel dirty watching it - and I don't feel that way at all about TWD.

Ryan Murphy is one sick fuck.

ETA: Oh, you reminded me. A lot of people say they are afraid of clowns - in fact, we had a thread about it. When I really think about it, it isn't that I fear clowns. It's more a feeling of distaste. And this is coming from someone who dressed as a clown one Halloween! :P (It was a gigantic costume, much too big for me, and we stuffed pillows in the breast region and the ass - so I was a caricature sexy clown.)

I think its the unknown, or what is really behind the painted smile that is disturbing, (of course John Gacey didn't help things either).

On Halloween, we were at this bar listening to a band, and this woman DRESSED as Twisty came up to me, tapped me on the shoulder and pulled a fake head out of her bag.

Two things you don't do to a redhead - surprise her, and then piss her off, even on Halloween.

I had to look up who that girl —whose dad is Beecher— was.. Completely forgot about her.

Still not clear what the plot of this season is..? Much like Coven, and Asylum to a lesser extent —murder house felt very focused— the storylines are all over the place and characters come and go from one week to the other, with zero continuity.

I didn't know who she was when I saw her in bed with the Seal , either. Then I was like, "Oh! It's the opium gangbang chick!"

AKA Meryl Streep's daughter.

The only episode this season that I actually thought it was good was the 4th. This last episode was boring and they did "character died, but not really" again! Man, they lack creativity...

No way this is as bad as Coven.

While it's directionless I do find it enjoyable.

Pretty much this.

I will keep watching just because I enjoy the actors. Even if the story takes a drop off a cliff I will still watch. Kinda like True Blood. And Dexter. I'm in it for the long haul. Although if the ending of this season is anything as bad as TB or Dex finale I probably will not watch next season.

Just watched the last three episodes on DVR and I'm kinda numb. There's some really bad writing here - anachronisms all over the place, motivations springing up out of nowhere, Dandy is just a mess of stereotypes, no sense of fun whatsoever, the killing of the rent boy was ridiculous. Jessica is playing Lili Von Shtupp. The way they brought in the supernatural just to pedal some mediocre back stories and find a way to kill off the clown was clumsy. We will watch to the end but I am thinking it is a descent from Coven.

With Twisty gone, its just not the same. And I don't know if I like any of the characters at this point.

Meh, I tired quickly of Twisty. What more could they do with him? Him dying was actually far more interesting than the cliched clown killer stuff.

Archived