What are you listening to? Vol XIII: Sing me a song, you're a singer

Ferrum Aeternum

I'm watching Arcade Fire on BBC at Glastonbury right now.They are knocking it out of the park.I love the way they all interchange instruments and their endearing habit of totally changing keys,rhythms and indeed notes mid-song,yet still keeping it the same song thematically.No Cars Go is just one example of this.

I love them.

Well I should hope they change notes mid-song. :p

I am on, of all things, an Elton John kick, courtesy of an Amazon MP3 sale. Had Caribou on repeat for the last couple days.

Why did it take forever for me to discover Kirsty MacColl's version of A New England? What a lovely song.

It is a fantastic song, it's generally one of my first thoughts when the topic of 'covers better than the original' comes up, I suspect even Billy Bragg would agree she made the song her own.

I'm watching Arcade Fire on BBC at Glastonbury right now.They are knocking it out of the park.I love the way they all interchange instruments and their endearing habit of totally changing keys,rhythms and indeed notes mid-song,yet still keeping it the same song thematically.No Cars Go is just one example of this.

I haven't watched their set yet (might watch it on iPlayer at some point), but they are a great live band.

Kasabian at Glastonbury (through the tv), to be honest I think Switchblade Smiles is better through my iPhone. I have seen Kasabian live, they were good. Might not have played this song though.

I love Kasabian.To my rather old mind they capture the sensuality of 70's glam rock with a modern twist.And much like Arcade Fire,as I mentioned above they can switch gears mid-song like few others.

Archived