Watch, Watched, Watching: You've probably never heard of it.

Just finished all the available episodes of Utopia. Now that's a great series and there are still two episodes left to be aired :D

I was also finally able to see Dawn of the PotA. Great effects, great actors and they did some things I wasn't expecting. As far as blockbusters go, this one was very good.

Yesterday, I went to see Begin Again. It's directed by John Carney, who's also behind 'Once'. It's more Hollywood than its predecessor, but that didn't spoil it for me. The actors were better (you just gotta love Keira Knightley and Mark Ruffalo), eventhough they didn't have the raw emotion Once had. I also loved that the director widened his gaze a bit and included some great side characters.

The music was brilliant, as you would expect from the director of Once. I loved the spirit of this movie and I think the ending of Begin Again worked even better than in Once (eventhough I sometimes wished Carney would be a bit more cliche). The celebrity cameo's surprisingly didn't detract from the story at all. Cee-lo and Adam Levine didn't need to do much, but what they had to do was done extremely well.

Not everything was perfect of course. The beginning felt a bit to sleak, but luckily that didn't take very long. Another downside was a sequence somewhere in the middle where they used a handheld camera to track the action. Normally, I'm not the guy to notice that, but here it was a bit much. At the end of that scene I felt a bit dizzy.

All in all I warmly recommend Begin Again. The music is really magical :)

Finally watched Side Effects.

I could never get through it because I thought it dragged but goddamn did it really start paying off in the second half of the film. I'm glad I didn't get frustrated and spoil the film for myself a few months ago because watching it blind was quite the experience.

Re-watched the 2003 Peter Pan movie; I swear the older I get the more I appreciate just how good this movie is. It makes me cry every time. Not even merely the ending, the whole damn film has me crying throughout. It's just...the best Peter Pan adaptionn by a mile. I also think the sexual tension undercurrent throughout works really well and the 'love story' of Peter and Wendy is so poignant it makes my heart hurt lol. Seriously; this film is so good, it's so underrated and not nearly appreciated enough. One of the best children's fantasy films ever.

I LOVE this movie! And Luscious Lucius Malfoy as Captain Hook! :D

Oh, I didn't even know that film was from the same guy who was behind Once! I'm much more tempted to watch it now. Keep seeing things about it. REALLY love Once.

I love Once as well and this is definitely a must watch if you love Once :D

Caught a bit of last season's "Hell on Wheels" on AMC. They're rerunning it in anticipation of the new season beginning Sunday, 8/3.

I had lost interest after Lily Belle. :bawl: After seeing a few episodes this morning from last season, I'd like to add it to my viewing list.

Finally watched Death at a Funeral, and laughed/cried at every Maester Aemon/Peter Vaughan scene! Omg. :rofl:

Then rewatched Tropic of Thunder, having forgotten most of the scenes, and nearly choked on every forkful of supper. Considering that I can't eat while watching Hannibal (and the like), I was rather surprised. :P

Also watched two animated Batman movies: Son of Batman, and Assault on Arkham. Both very adult, and entertaining in different ways. Assault was focussed on the criminals (Harley stole every scene she was in), and Son had some great fight scenes.

And now, after reading all 7 pages of comments, I'm in the mood for a Studio Ghibli marathon (starting with Princess Mononoke).

Just watched Snowpiercer. Good movie. It's a shame it didn't get a better release.

I rented that through Time Warner cable the other day, and it was worth every penny I paid for it. It was a really outstanding movie.

I had a double feature night with some friends that night, and the next up was Raid 2. I could not believe that they managed to top the first one. It may be the best action movie of all time.

I rented that through Time Warner cable the other day, and it was worth every penny I paid for it. It was a really outstanding movie.

I had a double feature night with some friends that night, and the next up was Raid 2. I could not believe that they managed to top the first one. It may be the best action movie of all time.

Can I watch Raid 2 without having watched the first Raid?

I watched Mishima: a life in four chapters and Un Prophète again last night. Two absolute classics, I higly recommend them. I also saw Pope Joan for the first time, it's a good movie, but quite forgetful. It's not one you have to see, but if you can get rid of your suspension of disbelief for the duration of the film, you'll probably enjoy it. Iain Glenn is in it and he plays a huge prick.

Archived