Watch, Watched, Watching: You've probably never heard of it.

I wasn't a huge, huge, huge fan of his Jane Eyre. I DID like it, mostly because I fancy the hell out of Michael Fassbender and Jane Eyre is just one of my FAVOURITE stories, but didn't think it was the best adaption I've seen. Definitely was very, very nice to look at though.

I watched House of cards. The plot of the series can be described in three words: cunning, cold, calculating.

I did not think the show with this story can be so interesting. I'm always skeptical about the leadership of the White House and the United States as a whole. Before playing, I was confident that the essence of this show is about officials who work for the good of mankind and their banal relationships with others.

But I've watched the 4 series, I want to note that this show has no fantastic, funny and detective effect differs from all other current series and may be worth many awards. In this genre, Actors playing plays a very important role.

Spacey copes with her role perfectly and Robin Wright plays role even more gorgeous. I downloaded this show at tvstock.net

I wasn't a huge, huge, huge fan of his Jane Eyre. I DID like it, mostly because I fancy the hell out of Michael Fassbender and Jane Eyre is just one of my FAVOURITE stories, but didn't think it was the best adaption I've seen. Definitely was very, very nice to look at though.

Besides the acting, I really loved the gloomy atmosphere. This is how this type of movies should always look like.

Besides the acting, I really loved the gloomy atmosphere. This is how this type of movies should always look like.

I actually think it could have been a lot more gloomier and a lot more gothic. The idea behind it was cool, but don't think the execution was what it could have been. Like I said though, it looked very nice at least.

Original. How does the redux compare?

Imo, the redux is a bit too long and has some unnecessary scenes. The original is supposed to have a better pace, which I believe. I've only seen the redux version. Since you liked the movie so much it may be worth giving redux a watch too. I saw it once when i was like 15(like 6 years ago)and once again last week and I really liked it. It may not get into my top 10 but definitely a top 25 I think.

Gf and I are getting into Top of the Lake.

Season 1 story reminds me a lot of Broadchurch so far. Anyone know if there's any acknowledged influence?

Appreciating Campion's lighter touch. Raised on Canadian Margarets, it's a relief to not need unsympathetic to be necessary to the point.

Both came out basically the exact same time, so I don't think either has inspired the other. I found both pretty solid, nothing extraordinary but I think I'd give the edge to Broadchurch since it had more emotion imo.

In The Loop, fucking hilarious. One of the funniest movies I've seen I think. I figured i would love it since I'm a massive Veep fan and it definitely delivered. Gandolfini was amazing I fucking miss him so much. 5/5

Speaking of Veep and Gandolfini, Enough Said is worth a watch if you haven't seen it. I liked it more than I thought I would.

Both came out basically the exact same time, so I don't think either has inspired the other. I found both pretty solid, nothing extraordinary but I think I'd give the edge to Broadchurch since it had more emotion imo.

Cheers.

I would probably agree so far that Broadchurch was a bit more compelling, but I'm still early into it. The Scottish character is a rarity; not entirely figured him out yet. The lead is oddly inept, pretty erratic but very motivated, much like in Broadchurch. Holly Hunter has been meh so far; expected more out of her, but could be material or it could be sandbagging early for later payoff.

I never pictured N.Z. this redneck. Is that accurate, anyone know? It's physically beautiful, though. What's the NZ word for a bogan?

Discount Jamie Lannister is awesome in Top of the Lake. I'm about 3 episodes in; Moss' accent is going to a different place every episode. S

I don't get discount JL. The ex? The 300 guy?

Her accent I really noticed slipping in the scene where she attacks one of her rapists in the bar, and immediately afterwards. Other than that it hadn't gotten in my way, but I'm no kiwi.

It's the police chief. I suppose it's more discount Nikolai-Coster Waldau than JL. Every time I see him, I cannot picture anyone else.

Edit: Ah, it's Faramir! I knew there was something very familiar about him, he looks so much older here, though I suppose it's been a while.

The third episode was weird, and not in a good way. I'm not certain which scene you're talking about and I don't want to think too hard about it as it might be from an episode I haven't seen. It's not a big deal really, but she's just not consistent with whatever accent she's supposed to have. A bit like the actor who plays Baelish on GOT, though not to the same degree.

Archived