Watch, Watched, Watching: You've probably never heard of it.

Gave up on True Blood. Starting It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia for a change of pace. 3 episodes into the first season. All the guys seem like total assholes so far...do they get more...likable?

HAHAHA

Oh sorry.

No they really don't. It's like that the whole way through. If anything out gets worse. It took me a long time to get into it for that reason.

But if you can get into it, it's hilarious

Currently trying to wrap up Fringe. It's...going slow. I have a real love-hate relationship with this show.

Season 5 was the suck. It was like a bad 80's fantasy novel

questing for their magical items, running into wood elves... ugh.

Season 5 was the suck. It was like a bad 80's fantasy novel

questing for their magical items, running into wood elves... ugh.

I'm about to finish Season Four and it feels already like a bad novel. Someone needs to tell the writers to not put themselves in a position where their character's actions are only acceptable because it's the protagonists.

(spoilers,season four)

Olivia deciding to let something rewrite her personality so she could fall in love with Peter really only works because they're the OTP. If it had been one of the random villain guys doing this to someone it would be horrifying.

But...hasn't the show always been a bit magic? The whole time travel thing with Peter in the alternate timeline was basically waved off as the magic of love. I was happy when they stopped using Walter to berate the audience substitute Peter for implying otherwise.

I'm finding it difficult to plow through but I need to know what happens.

Not a very high bar to set. Family Guy is awful. :-P

Haha! I agree with you concerning 2008 or so onwards, but I like earlier Family Guy, though the humor was pretty low brow and random, which, imo, is pretty lazy.

Currently trying to wrap up Fringe. It's...going slow. I have a real love-hate relationship with this show.

Fringe's quality is, unfortunately, bell shaped. It peaks in S3 and then steadily goes downhill till the close.

It's always been a shaky as hell show but at least for awhile there it seemed like they had a general large scale idea what was going on and everything that happened at least built towards that.

Just watched 2x01 and thought it was pretty good. I especially thought Ragnars farewell to Gyda was a tremendous scene. If its all better from here than color me excited.

Oh, was that the first episode? :blushing: I thought it was the second one. Than I'll have to take back what I said, because that farewell scene alone puts it higher. IIRC there was a battle in 2X01 right? That was the part I really didn't like, Vikings usually excells at bringing exciting battles, but that one was bad.

Oh, was that the first episode? :blushing: I thought it was the second one. Than I'll have to take back what I said, because that farewell scene alone puts it higher. IIRC there was a battle in 2X01 right? That was the part I really didn't like, Vikings usually excells at bringing exciting battles, but that one was bad.

Yeah it was Rollo and Borg vs Ragnar and Horik. It was definitely the worst battle they've done. I remember not being impressed with it.

Yes yes agreed the season 1 battles were dare I say elegant. While that one was like a 300 type shit. Still what a enjoyable show.

I also have a love-hate relationship with Fringe. At times it'll seem brilliant but at times it also tends to get quite campy. I don't know, I guess its a consequence of having 20+ episodes per season, it tends to be detrimental to the longevity of some shows.

Some? I can't recall a single show that I needed 20 episodes of. Well...maybe 24? It's actually worse if there's a more compelling over-arching plot because then that's what's being ignored.

With shows that do have that many episodes I often tend to get burned out and go to Wikipedia to help me cut out the purely episodic ones. If it's a show like Burn Notice with a bit of over-arching story every episode I might just die.

Anyone seen the Fall?

It's excellent so far. Unfortunately one of the main actors is also the lead in 50 Shades of Grey...

Is that bad? I haven't even finished the first episode but he seems fine.

Some? I can't recall a single show that I needed 20 episodes of. Well...maybe 24? It's actually worse if there's a more compelling over-arching plot because then that's what's being ignored.

With shows that do have that many episodes I often tend to get burned out and go to Wikipedia to help me cut out the purely episodic ones. If it's a show like Burn Notice with a bit of over-arching story every episode I might just die.

Is that bad? I haven't even finished the first episode but he seems fine.

He's fine...actually he's very good...but it's definitely demerit points.

Archived