Watch, Watched, Watching: You've probably never heard of it.

It really is. Bubbles may be my favourite comedy character of all time.

Yep, awesome show. It gets amazing around season 4... season 7 was massively disappointing though. I haven't watched season 8 - with it being on some weird channel or online service of which I had never heard.

I watched Knights of Badassdom tonight, and it was just as cheesy as I was expecting, but also much more awesome.

"Tis not the size of the young man's blade, but the lust in the thrust by which legends are made!"

The special effects were quite woeful though.

I decided to check it out after reading this and you are right. It's awesome, but the special effects are painful to look at. I was also surprised by the amount of famous actors in this, no wonder that they didn't have any money left to pay for decent special effects.

And I was very surprised that

Peter Dinklage died so early. From the looks of the trailer I thought he had a major role.

Wolfox6: After watching Rome and some Luther, safe to say I have a crush on Indira Varma.

I don't blame you ... I was stoked when I heard she was cast in GoT due to her roles in Rome and Luther. Long live Indira Varma! ;)

Luther's awesome, but 1 or 2 were just plain depressing. It's a complimentary comment on those involved, though...the writing/acting is high quality and powerful.

Alice Morgan for me is actually the show's weak point. I just don't believe the actress all that much. I know I am in the minority on this, but I see someone acting, not someone being. Also part of her character is the fact that men are universally attracted to her, and I just don't see it.

Most likely because I was watching Luther between Line of Duty episodes, I didn't find some episodes as depressing as they were heartbreaking, and Alice was one of those rather divisive characters. I personally loved her popping up every once in a while (and then by the end? I sniffled through my chuckles).

I enjoyed Ruth's portrayal ... it was evident that she thoroughly enjoyed herself in this role. Compared to other female roles in shows such as Arrow, Haven, Grimm, and Blacklist, with their painfully drawn out angsty, tearful female characterisations, Alice was just out and out fun to watch.

It really is. Bubbles may be my favourite comedy character of all time.

Bubbles will never be complete without Conky!

I watched Knights of Badassdom tonight, and it was just as cheesy as I was expecting, but also much more awesome.

Just googled Knights of Badassdom, and realised I'd watched a trailer for this some time ago, and had made a mental note to watch it. Good to know it's out now. I don't know why, but shows/movies with Larping have always tickled my funny bone. :D

Currently rewatching Luther to see if I was right about the third season being worse and...I think I'll stand by that statement. I just don't find the (season's) antagonists credible. They're just...wrong.

Luther seems to have a thing about this; inserting a bad element into a possibly great season. Felt the same way about the second season and a certain plot engine character.

About halfway through Season 2 of Veep. I have added quite a few colorful phrases to my vocabulary. :D

I think one of my favorites was in Season 1 when Senator Doyle was asked how he'd respond if Selina were to withdraw support for the Clean Jobs initiative, and he said...

"Well, I'd probably mix bat-shit with ape-shit, and then elevate it to a new level of fury, then rip your face off and use your eye sockets as sex toys. You know, hypothetically."

LOL! Wtf? :p

About halfway through Season 2 of Veep. I have added quite a few colorful phrases to my vocabulary. :D

I think one of my favorites was in Season 1 when Senator Doyle was asked how he'd respond if Selina were to withdraw support for the Clean Jobs initiative, and he said...

"Well, I'd probably mix bat-shit with ape-shit, and then elevate it to a new level of fury, then rip your face off and use your eye sockets as sex toys. You know, hypothetically."

LOL! Wtf? :P

Just for that quote alone I have to catch up on Veep. Last one I watched that I recall was about ice cream ... :P

eta: Good golly! It was episode 2 and about frozen yogurt. I have a lot of catching up to do! Eep.

In need of some bad television with The 100 off the air, I've been watching The Lottery from Lifetime. It's kind of like a weird cross between Y: The Last Man and Utopia with the terrible dialogue and cheesy music that the Lifetime brand evokes. The premise is that it has been six years since the last child was born on the entire planet, but they've successfully fertilized 100 embryos and the administrations plan to stay in power is to hold a lottery to determine who will have them implanted with a heavy dose of conspiracy that the sterilization was done on purpose. It is bad, but honestly, I don't hate it.

I decided to check it out after reading this and you are right. It's awesome, but the special effects are painful to look at. I was also surprised by the amount of famous actors in this, no wonder that they didn't have any money left to pay for decent special effects.

And I was very surprised that

Peter Dinklage died so early. From the looks of the trailer I thought he had a major role.

That shocked me too, but with it being such a short movie, and his reappearance at the end I didn't mind.

Just googled Knights of Badassdom, and realised I'd watched a trailer for this some time ago, and had made a mental note to watch it. Good to know it's out now. I don't know why, but shows/movies with Larping have always tickled my funny bone. :D

I'm the same. I've never LARPed or know anybody that LARPs or even seen people doing it, but I sure love watching movies about it.

Have you watched The Wild Hunt? That one is guaranteed to not tickle your funny bone.

Watched A Young Doctor's Notebook. It was good, even if the darker moments during surgery made me cringe. But I can't recall a recent show that was as disinterested in creating likable characters.

I think I commented on that in the last thread, but there was one scene in the first or second episode that nearly made me vomit. Interesting show though.

Watched A Young Doctor's Notebook. It was good, even if the darker moments during surgery made me cringe. But I can't recall a recent show that was as disinterested in creating likable characters.

I thought Leopold Leopoldevitsj was a very likeable character ;) He just had such a strong presence and he was an artist on top of it all to XD

EDIT: And the magnificent beard of course, how could I forget that!

I think I commented on that in the last thread, but there was one scene in the first or second episode that nearly made me vomit. Interesting show though.

Was it the

moment where he pulled of that girls leg?

As disturbing as that was, I was in stitches because of that scene.

That shocked me too, but with it being such a short movie, and his reappearance at the end I didn't mind.

That was cheesy as hell, but the good kind of cheesy :D

I'm the same. I've never LARPed or know anybody that LARPs or even seen people doing it, but I sure love watching movies about it.

Have you watched The Wild Hunt? That one is guaranteed to not tickle your funny bone.

Sad to say that I read The Wild Hunt and immediately thought of Witcher 3. And then it hit me why I enjoy watching Larping. I place the blame directly on Gamers 2: Dorkness Rising. :p

Having googled The Wild Hunt, I am intrigued enough to check it out. Thank you. :)

I saw the two final episodes of The Legend of Korra. After the disappointment that was season 2, this season kicked all kinds of ass. The finale was underwhelming, but that was because everything else was just so freaking good.

A hint of Emilia Clarke, maybe?

I don't think so. But I think she just looks weird as Dany, probably the eyebrows.

Allison looks a little like Allyssa Milano to me, but Sarah does not. Must be some top notch make up folks on that show.

I saw the two final episodes of The Legend of Korra. After the disappointment that was season 2, this season kicked all kinds of ass. The finale was underwhelming, but that was because everything else was just so freaking good.

Definitely. It places #3 on my favorite Avatar seasons (behind Book 2 and Book 3 of ATLA, but before Book 1 Korra, Book 1 ATLA and Book 2 Korra, respectively)

I finished all of the Trailer Park Boys, including the movies. Now I have a void that needs to be filled. That show was too damn good. Can't wait for Season 8 when it comes on Netflix next month.

Archived