Dagger and Coin II: Spoilers through The Spider's War

Rhom

Without giving away too much spoilers.

Would I miss anything significant if I were to skip all of Clara's chapters? They are really a drag for me. Right now I am about a quarter into the last book

You would miss nothing skipping them except the plot of the novels, and the backbone of the entire story.

• 4 weeks later...

It's late and I just finished The Widow's House. I just torched through the last couple hundred pages and I might have to sift through it again at some point. i must say that those pages were just one payoff after another, beginning with Inys flying to the fleet. Now there's a fuck yeah moment.

I am assuming that Geder will meet some sort of end but I only hope that it happens with people witnessing it, witnessing it and laughing at him, humiliating him. Physical pain and torture are nothing to Geder compared to these things. To die in disgrace and despair, for all his self-loathing to eat him from inside at he dies. Yes, that would be fitting.

Basrahip, on the other hand....just wanna see him gutted and then burnt to a crisp. Either or. I'm not fussy.

• 3 weeks later...

It looks like The Spider's War has been pushed back to January 2016. Did Abraham miss a deadline?

http://edelweiss.abovethetreeline.com/ProductDetailPage.aspx?group=related&sku=0316204056

Is this new date accurate ? cause my ebook pre-order still lists pub. date as August 4, 2015 - http://www.amazon.com/The-Spiders-War-Dagger-Coin-ebook/dp/B00QQQL830

It's been a weird year.

It has to be a fantastic and weird year for you... Put this book out whenever you want Daniel, I'll tied myself over by watching The Expanse and reading one of the other 20 novels you have published over the last 9 years.

I don't know if we should be so lenient Daniel. We've been told that George is not our bitch so by god, we need a substitute and that damn Scott Lynch don't come around here no more.

Jussi,

And yet life goes on. We're going to get the book. Be patient.

Sorry, I was trying to be funny. English is not my first language. I was just thinking what Abraham said in an old Westeros interview:

If I miss the deadline, they dock me a load of money.

I haven't even read the first book in The Dagger and the Coin series yet.

Definitely, but I can see the wisdom in waiting until a series is completed before starting it. I'm doing that more and more myself.

I can see your point, but this is an action that goes against the categorical imperative: if everyone did that, then there wouldn't be any series at all because nobody would buy the first book and thus the rest would not be published. In this case, it's relatively safe to assume that the series will be finished on a reasonable timescale -- even with the delay to January of next year, it will have deviated from the one-per-year schedule by a total of about 9 months over 5 books.

Finished The Widow's House recently.

Not feeling this one. Not bad, just kinda eh. Felt very much like a bridge book to me. Like everything is sliding towards an inevitable ending of the series without a real sense of tension.

Archived