Recommend me a RPG game with these criteries

Lady Winter Rose

Could you recommend me role-playing, sword and sorcery, adventure PC game like Neverwinter Nights 2? It doesn't have to be D&D, but it would be nice if it's similar to those. I would prefer some older game, because my computer is older, so it can't process new games. But some new game with requirements not to high would be OK, too.

It must be true role-playing. Game of Thrones RPG is not my cup of tea.

I already played Neverwinter MMO, Icewind Dale 1&2 and Baldur gate 1&2, Neverwinter Nights 1, Divinity Original sin. Not really happy with those. I didn't like Divinity because of turn based combat, but two characters were awesome. Neverwinter MMO is bad because I needed to use keyboard for fighting, while I prefer to fight with mouse and crappy story was another bad side.

Oh, obvious recommendation are good because I don't follow gaming news at all. I tried to google recommendation, but I got lost because there's so many games. (So don't yell at me, I almost always google stuff I want to know, but some things are hard to google up, you either get lost or be swarmed by unnecessary stuff.)

Oblivion is downloaded.

I marginally prefer Morrowind (Elder Scrolls 3) to Oblivion (Elder Scrolls 4). Especially as you are playing on PC it's worth a go. Morrowind's interface was designed for PC and had to be converted to console use: Oblivion's interface was designed for console and converted to PC.

Both games have distinct good points and I don't want to put you off your Oblivion purchase. :)

I tried Dragon Age, but maybe its just me, but it is so damn difficult. Games like Neverwinter Nights I could finish on "Hard", but I can't even get through Dragon Age on "Normal".

At least, not without repeating each battle multiple times until you finally manage to scrape through. And then you get to some boss figures later on and it just becomes impossible.

I guess the problem is that more and more games are designed for multiplayer, meaning that the whole party's strengths have to be utilized, rather than just the main character. I don't enjoy this, as I preferred the older games where it was all about living through your main character, and trying to develop him/her to become the most awesome and powerful character possible.

For example, I usually play a mage and I don't like it if there is another mage in my party that takes away from my unique skills. In Neverwinter Nights, Icewind Dale etc. I used to try and get through the game without using any additional party members. Usually I was forced to bring along at least one heavily armoured dwarf to keep the enemies off me while I cast my spells. But once you can summon Celestial Avengers and other powerful spirit allies, you don't need the warrior in your party anymore.

And yet, in Dragon Age it seems as if you need at least 2 mages unleashing spells simultaneously in order to get through the tougher battles. As well as as big a party of warriors as possible. Meaning you are constantly controlling 4 characters, instead of focusing on enjoying the story through the main character's experiences.

I marginally prefer Morrowind (Elder Scrolls 3) to Oblivion (Elder Scrolls 4). Especially as you are playing on PC it's worth a go. Morrowind's interface was designed for PC and had to be converted to console use: Oblivion's interface was designed for console and converted to PC.

Both games have distinct good points and I don't want to put you off your Oblivion purchase. :)

I like a modded Morrowind; I also have morrowind on my crappy laptop but Oblivion somehow works better on mine and it was the first elder scrolls i played so i have a soft spot :) But yeah, many people prefer morrowind so that's definitely one to consider - my flat mate has it on her gaming PC modded to look like skyrim graphics and it looks beautiful!! I just cant enjoy it as much on my laptop but OPs pc is probably better than my laptop lol.

I think both Oblivion and Dragon Age are hot garbage. I suggest Morrowind over both, modded or vanilla.

I know Oblivion probably isn't very good but I love it. Morrowind definitely has a better story and location and main quest line but I don't think Oblivion is terrible; the main questline annoys me but it has some of the best side questlines ever, the Dark Brotherhood definitely being one. That storyline is sooo much fun.

It also has the hilarious "STOP CRIMINAL SCUM" and the hilarious glarthir character. I love how ugly all the oblivion characters are - they're so bizarre looking.

If you want D&D computer RPG with requirements not too high, then Baldur's Gate series should be right up your alley.

They are old games, but first one was redone a year or two ago and wasn't too expensive on Steam (I caught it on a sale and it was 3-4€) and the enhanced edition of the second one was supposed to follow.

If you want D&D computer RPG with requirements not too high, then Baldur's Gate series should be right up your alley.

They are old games, but first one was redone a year or two ago and wasn't too expensive on Steam (I caught it on a sale and it was 3-4) and the enhanced edition of the second one was supposed to follow.

OP already played Baldur's gate but I agree they're fun games :)

I love NWN2, and haven't really found a game that scratches the same itch. The characters in DA are mostly a bit too nice to each other for my tastes. I preferred the constant cat-fights and tensions in the OC, despite the missing or underdeveloped bits of the game. Liked MotB too, but not as much as the OC.

But I still think that DA + Awakening is your best bet. Awakening had Ferret Baudoin as the chief designer, and he'd also worked a lot on the NWN2 OC.

Vampire: the Masquerade: Redemption might be worth checking out? Never played it (it's on my list) but it's said to have an Obsidian Ent vibe about it. Good writing and design, but not enough time/money to do them justice. There's also Arcanum.

I can echo the nomination for Morrowind - better than Oblivion IMO, and some good mod.s available out there.

I'd also nominate Mount and Blade as worth a shot.

Baldur's gate and Icewind Dale were awesome NWN / NWN2 were good, but couldn't reach the same highs.

Archived