Recommend me a RPG game with these criteries

Lady Winter Rose

Are the Elder Scrolls games you can play on your own, or do you need to log into some kind of world wide player group, like World of Warcraft?

They're all single player and offline except Elder Scrolls Online.

Are the Elder Scrolls games you can play on your own, or do you need to log into some kind of world wide player group, like World of Warcraft?

The Elder Scrolls Online are, as the name said, an online game, like WOW.

All other TES games, Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim being the most famous/played, are single-player.

I fully agree with Morrowind and Planescape Torment recommendation, of course :) And you can wait a few months and try Pillars of Eternity ,)

Well, KOTOR and Mass Effect as well, but they're Sci-Fi, not Fantasy.

I am not ashamed to say it, I found KOTOR really hard to get into. Maybe if I played it for another few hours, got further than the opening missions and got used to the gameplay, I'd have more fun. But I didn't and I haven't.

Wouldn't hurt for you to give it another try. I also didn't love it at first and just sort of futzed my way through Taris. But once I got the hang of the gameplay and got deeper into the story, I was hopelessly hooked.

And yes, Mass Effect and ME2 are god-tier. ME3, even putting aside the controversial ending, was just OK for me.

OP already played Baldur's gate but I agree they're fun games :)

And it's stated right there in the opening post :blushing:

As for Diablo, I wouldn't even rank it as an RPG it's way to arcade-y for me.

It's fun, though.

Another one who totally forgot about KotOR 1/2.

I liked KotOR - it's worth playing to get the background on a few things in KotOR 2, which I really did like a lot. It's also Obsidian Entertainment, and has imo much better writing and atmosphere than KotOR. (The only problem is that Obsidian forgot a few minor things, such as finishing the game, but it's still worth playing despite that.)

I'm waiting for Pillars of Eternity to come out...

I tried Dragon Age, but maybe its just me, but it is so damn difficult. Games like Neverwinter Nights I could finish on "Hard", but I can't even get through Dragon Age on "Normal".

Arcane Warrior and all your troubles will go away.

Gothic 2 is what I suggest.

Thirding Planescape Torment. But anything by Spiderweb software is going to scratch that old-school RPG itch, I think. Also, Heroine's Quest is, I believe, free on Steam and is basically a Quest for Glory game. Which you should also check out.

Basically, get a GoG account and just go nuts.

Dafuq?

ya, how this thread wasn't ended with the suggesting of Torment is beyond me.

It's the best RPG ever made, Full Stop.

The first two fallout games come close, and BG II is a tiny bit below on my list, and maybe Ultima VII, but everything else on this list/thread isn't even playing the same sport.

No reason not to get it, it's on GoG for pretty cheap.

Archived