UK Politics: Referendum day!

Corvinus85

So Cameroon made some embarrassing comment about the Queen when talking to a mayor of some minor city in one of the former colonies, while the Queen herself have been caught doping. Not sure which is worse.

Again? Pretty sure she got caught doping her horses a few months ago.

So Parliament has been recalled to debate air strikes on IS, and Farage claims the main reason for this is not so that MPS can vote on military action, but to distract from the UKIP conference

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-29358552

My favourite bit:

He's made his mind up [about airstrikes]. There's no need for him to go back to Parliament," she added.

Yes, Cameron should avoid being even vaguely democratic, if it gets in UKIP's way.

Why does David Cameron hate young people so fucking much? Him and the Tories make me want to cry. What are young people meant to do? Just die?

https://twitter.com/SkyNewsBreak/status/515972209035456512

Genuinely my first thought seeing that (after a lot of swearwords) was that it's genuinely evil. I mean, what the fuck?

UKIP have another Tory MP defecting to them - Mark Reckless, MP for Rochester and Strood. He's following Carswell's example and triggering a by-election, at which point we will see how much nominative determinism applies to him.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-29394697

To lose one MP to UKIP is unfortunate, to lose two looks like carelessness.

A Conservative Minister has also resigned after allegedly send 'explicit photographs of himself' to an undercover reporter. It's not been a good few days for Cameron, although I guess one advantage of the coalition is that if he starts getting depressed at least he can always look at Nick Clegg and remind himself things could be worse.

Why does David Cameron hate young people so fucking much? Him and the Tories make me want to cry. What are young people meant to do? Just die?

Obviously they're all meant to go into debt to be able to afford to get the education that the Coalition don't want to fund any more.

When I read news stories like this it is easy to start to think maybe Alex Salmond did have the right idea.

I'd be interested to see some stats on suicide rates by administration. My commute at the moment is disrupted almost every week by a fatality on the train tracks (WAY more than ever before), and there's a fair amount of anecdata about the rising rate amongst people who've had their disability benefits cut. I'd not be too surprised to see a spike in younger age groups after this latest piece of shit policy, but having trouble finding any recent figures on my phone.

I can only think he's gotten a bit too friendly with Clegg, and feels sorry for his, and his party's inevitable disappearance-without-a-trace at the next election, and feels that he and the conservatives ought to keep them company.

Now, if only there was someone actually different that we could vote for

Archived