Beverages You Are Consuming. Prithee, Tell Us About Them.

Xray the Enforcer

Ringmaster is pretty similar to DPC so I dunno if you had it on cask somewhere where they don't know/care about taking care of their beers.

I don't think I've heard of Red Fox or Blues. Are they beers or breweries?

I had some delicious Jaipur yesterday from a case we were gifted at the brewery. I used to not be that fussed about it but when it's fresh it's crazy good.

Blue Coat is the best mean gin around. But by gods, you had better want hair on your chest when you drink that. Jaysus! Hendricks is lovely, but too weak in flavor for some of the more robust gin-based cocktails (only a pretentious asshole would specify a Hendricks Negroni, for example), so it's lower on my priority list than a good all-arounder. For a really distinctive tasting gin, try Aviation. It is really not good for mixing in many different cocktails, but it makes a really interesting Martini and its variations.

Of the many beers we've sampled this afternoon, our current: Lagunitas Sucks.

And let me just say, it most certainly does not suck.

Saw this in 32 oz bottles at the co-op today. So I bought two. And drank them both. THEY WERE PRETTY GREAT. I can't believe I've missed out on this before, I usually stick with their regular IPA or Lil Sumpin, sometimes Hop Stupid. Those are all so reliable I don't stray into their other stuff (except the undercover shutdown which was pretty sweet when you want to get completely blitzed of a couple of toothsome beers)

Blue Coat is the best mean gin around. But by gods, you had better want hair on your chest when you drink that. Jaysus! Hendricks is lovely, but too weak in flavor for some of the more robust gin-based cocktails (only a pretentious asshole would specify a Hendricks Negroni, for example), so it's lower on my priority list than a good all-arounder. For a really distinctive tasting gin, try Aviation. It is really not good for mixing in many different cocktails, but it makes a really interesting Martini and its variations.

Been drinking the blue coat for a couple years and my chest is still devoid of hair.

Thankfully so is the wife's.

Thanks to the Xs, Blue Coat and Aviation have been my stock gins the past five years or so.

Chef, did you have to do anything fancy to come by your Black Maple Hill? I have had limited success acquiring any, but I perhaps have not looked as hard as I ought.

X-Ray you making me thirsty!!! Why O why am I awake? Did you give me your mfkn insomnia?

Drinking water. Some cheap beer happened earlier and I just ate a whole chicken.

How do you drink yours? I love rum, but I can't drink Kraken straight. It's even pretty rough mixed with cola. I've been doing white Captain Morgan lately.

I wanted to be all specific and recipe-y, but it's pretty much coke, rum, ice and fresh lime. I love those limey-bits!

I *have* drank it straight before, but I rarely drink anymore and my tolerance is wayyy down.

Archived