Beverages You Are Consuming. Prithee, Tell Us About Them.

Xray the Enforcer

Cask-aged Old Fashioned. A smidge on the sweet side, but oh so delicious. Just as well it only comes in 20cl bottles. It's inspiring me to make my own (non-cask-aged) -- what rye or bourbon would you all recommend? [This is a pre-made mix with a "small batch high rye content bourbon", so I don't know exactly what's in it.]

We started with Manhattans, then moved to Deschutes Chasin' Freshies wet hop IPA (hopped with Mosaic), and then finished with Track 7 IPA. Not a huge fan of the Deschutes because I don't think Mosaic is a good stand-alone hop varietal but it is, as usual, a very well made beer.

That's interesting - for ages I felt the same way about Mosiac, that it played better with others. In fact I was put off it entirely for ages by a badly out of condition single hopped mosiac barleywine on cask that had been on for over a week. It was all stale and sickly. HOWEVER. I have since had a couple of cracking single hop Mosiac beers so it can be done.

Tall Caucasian. Thanks to my recent scotch inheritance, my liquor shelves are about two bottles past full. Rather than put some things away in the cabinet, I decided I'd cull the herd. Goodbye last 3 fingers of Svedka. And watch out Bacardi. Just give me a reason.

Archived