Beverages You Are Consuming. Prithee, Tell Us About Them.

Xray the Enforcer

Just now, I've had an Irish wee heavy and a honey porter. Mrs. PotN has had a belgian pale ale and a saison. We are enjoying these home brews (and more) while watching her alma mater in the NCAA DI-AA football playoffs :cheers:

ETA: continuing with a Belgian blonde and some Belgian stout. Mrs. PotN continued with a different saison, an English pale ale, and some of the same Belgian stout. Her alma mater, North Dakota State University, came back in the second half to defeat South Dakota State University and advance in the playoffs.

If the NDSU Bison somehow go on to win the title this year it will make four in a row. The Bison football team also had a 33 game winning streak broken during the regular season with their only loss.

:cheers:

Just bought six packs of Sierra Nevada Celebration, Yards IPA, and Magic Hat Winter for me and some friends. Also a bottle of Valar Morghulis because I am a fucking mark.

So I had a Sazerac last night. I'm not convinced really. At first it just tastes like sweet barleysugar. Then eventually it became more balanced out with the absinthe.

I far prefer sharper drinks like the Silver Bullet.

So I had a Sazerac last night. I'm not convinced really. At first it just tastes like sweet barleysugar. Then eventually it became more balanced out with the absinthe.

I far prefer sharper drinks like the Silver Bullet.

i love a sazerac. one of the reasons is the nose of it. the lemon peel, the spice of the rye whisky, the complexity of the bitters and the herbsaint's anise really appeal to me.

it does change as it is consumed. sounds like yours might have had too much sugar. i don't like them made with simple syrup.

my own method is this:

1. chill a glass.
  2. rinse the glass with a teaspoon or so of herbsaint.
  3. put a sugar cube in the bottom of a mixing glass, soak the cube in 3 or 4 dashes of peychaud's bitters and muddle.
  4. add ice and three ounces of rye.
  5. stir briefly, strain into the chilled and herbsaint rinsed glass garnish with a peel of lemon.

Working on a "Zinneke", a Belgian style stout from Smuttynose. It's nice, interesting, a bit of departure from my usual haunts. A lot more "dark fruit" than I usually experience in a stout, and whispers of, can't quite put my finger on it.... maybe ginger and cola? Whatever, I can dig it. Probably wont become a regular, but I'll definitely have this again. Shit'll be great in the summer

Ps, y'all go fucking sober on me or something?

Archived