Beverages You Are Consuming. Prithee, Tell Us About Them.

Xray the Enforcer

It's going to be dangerous when Magic Rock move into their new premises next year and are able to increase their output. Right now their DIPA is a rare beast. When it become more widely available then be afraid.

The prime thing to be sipping on this year imo is Old Rasputin.

Of course though, because Ive been broke for about a month and my first paycheck hasn't come in yet I haven't been able to...hopefully this weekend this will be rectified.

Only if it is the BA version. The standard one isn't all that. It wouldn't even get into my top 20 of (easy to get hold of) impy stouts.

I starting to drink a shot of Benedictine D.O.M. every other night. This is supposedly filled with health benefits and was marketed as a health tonic like Yomeishu as far as I know. However when I just googled it, there's no such claims on their official site, just some stuff about it being made with herbs. Well it tastes good. But, it has 40% alcohol which burns!

Have mentally signed out from work this week. Want to start the Christmas drinking already

Fucking alcohol-induced insomnia is killing me this week. It's like I'm being punished for only drinking the equivalent of 3 pints. I wake at 3am and cannot get back to sleep before I have to get up for work. BAAAAAAH HUMBUG.

Last night I had another go at Weird Beard Hacienda, a black saison made with Seville oranges. It is so much better now than it was on its original release back in October. Super drinkable and well balanced whilst also being really interesting. :)

Fucking alcohol-induced insomnia is killing me this week. It's like I'm being punished for only drinking the equivalent of 3 pints. I wake at 3am and cannot get back to sleep before I have to get up for work. BAAAAAAH HUMBUG.

Just found a pub near Angel which does 20% off food and drink all day every day except bank holidays with a student card so I'll probably not stop drinking ever again. Can I pay for my ill gained student card in one sitting? Who knows, lets find out

A goodun from last year is relevant again: Pubs to Trial Professional Lanes

Pub owner Tom Logan said: “While I’m giving samples of our real ale to some bell end who’s just going to order a half of Fosters, I could be servicing our core clientele of red men with poor home lives.

With Christmas hostelries full of people buying coffee with a debit card, sections of the bar will be solely for habitual drinkers who want to get hammered and know precisely how they’d like that to happen.

“Christmas is a time for happiness, family and laughter so I should be getting our regulars – who have none of those things – as pissed as possible.”

Users of the professional lane require a drinker’s licence. Applicants are assessed on whether they order Guinness before their other drinks, can demonstrate awareness of how long others have been waiting and are able to carry three drinks without a tray.

Pub aficionado Wayne Hayes said: “My local has the misfortune of being bang opposite the business district so every December I’m forced to wait an extra 90 seconds to self-medicate with Stella while some lightweight goes through the crisp options for the fourth time.

“Roll on January when the only sound to be heard in here is the gentle sobbing of Frank after his horse comes in fifth.”

DAMN RIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

Kind of semi agree with that.

But fuck off with the 'giving samples of real ale' being a bad thing nonsense. The beers I buy are expensive (more so than watery mainstream 'lager') and I often want to taste something before I buy it. It is normal and not a crime. I can do this fast. It doesn't hold up service in a good bar/pub with well trained staff.

Last night a colleague and I were musing that these seasonal pissheads (the amateurs who go out with the express desire to get as drunk as possible as fast as possible) should just be put into a cage and fed Stella through a big tube until they are unconscious.

Archived