Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Part Deux

Wee baby Shamus

I enjoyed tonight's episode, but mostly in spite of the freak show. The razor nails were pushing it. I like that the show is establishing a distinction between gifted and enhanced. Also, we got confirmation that Bobbi and Mack are working for an opposing faction of SHIELD. This is totally going to set up Registration.

I was disappointed with this episode... The show is having a real problem with tone this half-season.... It has moments where its smarter/better written than your typical "superhero" tv show.... and then it has moments like the football field, and ensuing horrible fight scenes.

.... and please don't "humanize" May.... she's the best character on the show

The razor nails were pushing it.

In what world is the solution to someone attaching razorblades to their fingers equipping them with oversized thimbles? Why not surgically remove them? And if she had murdered multiple people, why was she the one person on the team not locked up somewhere?

This episodes was just treading water.

The team up was weak.

I like Mr Hyde (who is definitely taking at least a form of the formula) but wish he'd be a little bit fiercer at times. I don't mind him being goofy, it's quite funny, but it needs a stronger contrast. Comic book Hyde eats people.

This half of the season has been markedly worse than the first half and I wonder how much of that is that the show is in an Avengers 2 holding pattern? It's kind of ironic because season 1 was basically unwatchable until it managed to string together a narrative around Cap 2. Now it feels like it is in some kind of dissociative state... on one hand half-heartedly tying up loose plot threads even while aside from Skye's transformation there seems like nothing is on the Horizon. They killed off Whitehall after providing his backstory, which was what he needed to finally become a credible big bad.

I won't call this episode weak. Is certainly establishing a broader world view. Though the girl with the nails and the super strong hitman? Were they original chargers because they weren't original...The tech guy? Was that the Fixer? Angar the Screamer at least.

Will we get a Fury appearance this season? Is Coulson's team the feint?

Will we get a Fury appearance this season? Is Coulson's team the feint?

I think we probably will get Fury to help resolve this whole "no I'M SHIELD" argument. Also maybe Hawkeye if we're really lucky? It'd be interesting if he was part of this other SHIELD.

Just something I wondered, do Quake's powers shake the earth or her surroundings? If the plane is in the air when she has an episode do they feel anything?

I think we probably will get Fury to help resolve this whole "no I'M SHIELD" argument. Also maybe Hawkeye if we're really lucky? It'd be interesting if he was part of this other SHIELD.

Just something I wondered, do Quake's powers shake the earth or her surroundings? If the plane is in the air when she has an episode do they feel anything?

Quake's powers are actually not Earth-based. She makes things vibrate violently, which lends itself well to earthquakes, but she can focus her powers to vibrate a gun to pieces, or even go as far as vibrating your brain within your head.

I think the Adama/Bobbi/Mack faction of SHIELD isn't involved with Fury at all. Coulson is Fury's guy. Furthermore, Fury and Coulson are in with powered people. If anything, the Adama SHIELD would be the anti-superhuman faction of SHIELD, if Mack's aversion to all things super is any indication. I'm thinking the Adama SHIELD is the SHIELD which is reforming under the auspices of the US government...they're endeavoring to be the "legit" and "by the books" version of SHIELD, operating with complete transparency after the Hydra debacle.

Yeah I agree Fury isn't involved in the other faction, it seems like Mack wants to steal that toolbox thing Fury gave Coulson. I was suggesting Fury could appear and play a role in settling the dispute between them.

Yeah I agree Fury isn't involved in the other faction, it seems like Mack wants to steal that toolbox thing Fury gave Coulson. I was suggesting Fury could appear and play a role in settling the dispute between them.

I think it'll be more Cap whom settles the splintering of SHIELD. People don't trust Fury, as they shouldn't. If Sam Jackson decides to stick around, I think he'll lead SHIELD again only because Cap will endorse him.

It only stands to reason that at lasleast t one other faction of Shield loyalists are out there trying to reform things. If they aren't associated or sanctioned by Fury, which seems to be the case here, it doesn't make them evil either..

So Mockingbird was a SHIELD agent pretending to be a Coulson SHIELD agent pretending to be a HYDRA agent when we met her?

None of this helps me take SHIELD as an organisation seriously, it's half a dozen agents sitting around doing their own thing, English Guy just doesn't turn up and Coulson's all "oh I wonder if he quit", meanwhile priority one of not letting in undercover agents since the HYDRA snafu gets buggered up, oh, turns out two of the guys I hired pretty much the day after that happened weren't legit. Pretty poor directing so far Coulson.

Archived