Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Part Deux

Wee baby Shamus

My guess is that the writers couldn't figure out how to flesh him out. Same problem with Whitehall.C'est la vie.

Heh, it's not like they managed to flesh out the original characters that well either. Coulson should've died, dude is dead weight.

Mack isn't dead, if he was given super-strength, is logical he was given proportional resistance to damage.

Good call. Mac/Simmons rides again.

I liked that ending. I guess you could say it . . .shook me.

Not too thrilled Bizarro Mae and Ward are at large.Seems like Raina and Hyde will be the heavies along with those two for the rest of S2. This show could benefit from some better villains. Whitehall had potential, but that actor who played him was so blah. His flashback episode was good, but despite being such a colossally evil bastard his character never had any real gravitas.

Good call. Mac/Simmons rides again.

I liked that ending. I guess you could say it . . .shook me.

Not too thrilled Bizarro Mae and Ward are at large.Seems like Raina and Hyde will be the heavies along with those two for the rest of S2. This show could benefit from some better villains. Whitehall had potential, but that actor who played him was so blah. His flashback episode was good, but despite being such a colossally evil bastard his character never had any real gravitas.

Whitehall had/has potential. We saw him dead on the floor, but not what happened to the body, plus we know he had some help with failing health veggie. Who knows what that procedure did to him.

There is actually the small issue with neither Shield or Hydra having any kind of true structure or known hierarchy.

Whitehall had/has potential. We saw him dead on the floor, but not what happened to the body, plus we know he had some help with failing health veggie. Who knows what that procedure did to him.

Possible but it seems to me unlikely, after all Skye's mother's 'gift' didn't help her from him cutting her up. And presumably it'd be more potent in her.

There is actually the small issue with neither Shield or Hydra having any kind of true structure or known hierarchy.

There is hope I suppose in this of the much quoted 'cut off one head, two more shall take it's place.' We might assume at the moment that it went Red Skull > Strucker/Whitehall with each following their own agendas, Struckers being more tied into the films than the show. If done right a power struggle within Hydra could be very interesting with the team trying to save people caught in the crossfire.

Possible but it seems to me unlikely, after all Skye's mother's 'gift' didn't help her from him cutting her up. And presumably it'd be more potent in her.

We don't know the exact nature of her gift. We just know Whitehall used something from her to get younger. It's possible he simply vivesected her quicker than she could heal...

I don't really have much idea where Carter as a whole is going. I can't really believe it's solely set up on building up SHIELD as a world force, as we already know it's doomed to fail ultimately. But there's surely got to be a limit to how much alien stuff it'll give us, as we'd constantly be asking why Carter didn't leave some kind of message for the director. Then again it could simply be as mercenary as using SHIELD to convince people to watch Carter. I'm quietly optimistic, I liked the Marvel short they did.

re: Whitehall. Based off what we know right now, I think he served more as a means of pushing the protagonists into the places the show wanted them. He's served his purpose and he's now dead meat. I think the rest of the season is going to be focused on the fall-out from the events in the city, particularly the in-humans plot and whatever Ward and Agent 33 do. Hydra will have to be around in some fashion, but what form that will take is not clear to me.

If Whitehall does stick around, I hope that coming back from death/near death will change him somehow. As it is, he's almost a place-holder villain.

March? I guess it makes sense. They can try to use Carter to wash the utter shit sandwich of S1 out of people's mouths.

if the post Winter Solder S1 and S2 so far haven't done that, nothing is going to.

Archived