Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Part Deux

Wee baby Shamus

I'm excited about the prospect of Inhumans, though this will mark another shift in tone for the show. I hope it can maintain the same standard it did once Cap: WS incited the last change in direction. I really want to see what Raina changed into. I previously have not been that enamored with the show's visual effects when it comes to powers. Inhumans puts a lot of pressure on production.

I knew Trip was a goner at some point. He's been fairly generic all season. And, then there's Mack. This isn't to say that this is right by any means, but with the introduction of Mack, standard TV tropes did not make Trip's prospects great.

Alright, those of you that are familiar with the comics...who was the guy in the very last scene? Also, any guesses if Raina is someone from the comics?

Probably Reader. The Reader is a new character, just introduced in the new Inhuman series. I'm not sure, though. I'm just going off his lack of eyes.

Raina...your guess is as good as mine.

That was quite the episode.

Too bad for Trip, but I expected him to die this season. And the best part of the episode, imo, was when Skye just flat out shot Ward. No talk, no leading at gun point, just a few quick shots. That was excellent. If only her aim had been better. Also, Whitehall's death was very anti-climactic. I don't think he will stay dead.

Good episode. If these twists/revelations affect the show the same way the Hydra stuff did earlier, we're gonna have a hell of a show by the end of this season... Or we're back to square one if it backfires.

so, Trip? That was interesting. What should we make of him being able to walk the city without being possesed? Is he Inhuman also perhaps? If so, why did he die?

(crackpot): Trip didn't age, same as Sky's mom, and he IS his "Howling Commando grandpa". Thoughts? DO we have any Agent Carter trailers/teaser info to confirm/debunk this?

Good episode. If these twists/revelations affect the show the same way the Hydra stuff did earlier, we're gonna have a hell of a show by the end of this season... Or we're back to square one if it backfires.

so, Trip? That was interesting. What should we make of him being able to walk the city without being possesed? Is he Inhuman also perhaps? If so, why did he die?

(crackpot): Trip didn't age, same as Sky's mom, and he IS his "Howling Commando grandpa". Thoughts? DO we have any Agent Carter trailers/teaser info to confirm/debunk this?

I think they overreacted to what the city did to Mac. Mac physically touched some of that writing. Trip just ran around, and he only touched the detonators.

so, Trip? That was interesting.

What should we make of him being able to walk the city without being possesed? Is he Inhuman also perhaps? If so, why did he die?

Neither Trip nor Fitz/Simmons touched shiny writing on the floor. think this is it.

Daisy! :commie:

Cal/vin?)! :commie:

Trip.. :bawl: I wanted him to be HYDRA so much...

I liked it, shame about Trip. The Ward/Skye dynamic worked well for both without compromising either. I'm slightly confused if Zabo has any of his powers or not. He seems unusually dangerous (taking out Coulson, not being worried about guns.) Excited for the Carter stuff.

This Inhuman thing plays into how I imagined it would go: fewer 'purer' more selectively enhanced Inhumans in the show, with the film bringing in a more widespread transformation event.

Black dude dies first, oh well

Yeah, it's rather annoying with so many people on this show who couldn't carry S1 and whose characters I don't overly care about. Tripp's character really helped make the end of last season not suck ass.

Can I ask whether we have a Agent Carter thread yet? I searched but didn't find anything. Would it be too much of a stretch to just include it here?

I don't think there is one - I think there had been comments in the last Cap thread, but since Carter is taking the place of Agents til March, makes sense to have it continue here.

Liked the episode a lot -

I think they overreacted to what the city did to Mac. Mac physically touched some of that writing. Trip just ran around, and he only touched the detonators.

not sure if it really was overreacting - they didn't know that he touched the pattern, all they knew was he was down there then started screaming and the bag out of them up top.

Yeah, it's rather annoying with so many people on this show who couldn't carry S1 and whose characters I don't overly care about. Tripp's character really helped make the end of last season not suck ass.

My guess is that the writers couldn't figure out how to flesh him out. Same problem with Whitehall.C'est la vie.

Archived