Broadchurch (tv show)

AncalagonTheBlack

As I understood, he lives with Miller's sister, the one that was at the cafe with Olly, the young journalist.

Yes, that's what I got too. I believe she's also the editor for the local paper (i.e. Olly's boss)

Yes, that's what I got too. I believe she's also the editor for the local paper (i.e. Olly's boss)

Olly's mum is the one with money problems (who wanted money for info) not the editor of the newspaper

Do we know what the significance is of

the letter with the dried flower in it?

Was there a mention of it in Season 1 that I missed? I assume it's a clue or a threat.

Well, the opening scene had the victims in a field with said flowers in them. Not sure what that means but my speculation is that

it is Hardy's from the times he has stayed over there or it is a suggestion that the woman he's protecting isn't as innocent as presented. I think it may be the latter as thematically the show has thrown partner culpability at us several times with the dog woman and Miller not knowing her husband was guilty. It would mix things up to have a partner who did know (or took part in) a murder/crime

The flower seems like its building up the mystery around Sandbrook imo.

Quick question, is the prosecutor the sister of the woman who owns the paper? I assumed they were but cant remember if it is actually.mentioned

ETA: Another great episode. Things seem very tense. Yikes.

I feel terribly sorry for Miller. While I understand why Danny's Mam is acting like that towards her, its not her fault. She doesnt deserve to be blamed, imo.

Well, except for the confession thing. Man, that must set back the prosecution's case...

I just binged season one on Netflix over the course of two nights. Holy hell that's a good show. I'm pretty tired of the "horrific crime, probably involving a child, rocks small town" genre, yet somehow Broadchurch took that premise, and all the associated cliches that go with it, and make it feel fresh again. It helps that the acting was great and the cinematography was vibrant.

I'd probably be a bad cop, because I was fairly certain

the priest did it

for most of the season. It wasn't until

Miller was asking Susan "how could you not know what was going on in your house?", which I think was episode 7, that I realized, oh, its got to be either her son, her husband, or both.

I won't get a chance to watch season two until it also shows up on Netflix (so, like a year from now), but I'm looking forward to it.

Ending tonight was pretty hokey. How did

Claire and Ashworth

just vanish?

It was a bit convenient given the amount of time they had. I'm pretty sure that

Claire is the killer (or at the least co-killer). I think they are flipping the Miller dynamic and having Ashworth throw his life away to defend his wife. The scene where Claire got snappy with Miller while they were talking about their murderous husbands raised my suspicion and the fact she clearly had to willingly leave with Ashworth has me convinced

I just binged season one on Netflix over the course of two nights. Holy hell that's a good show. I'm pretty tired of the "horrific crime, probably involving a child, rocks small town" genre, yet somehow Broadchurch took that premise, and all the associated cliches that go with it, and make it feel fresh again. It helps that the acting was great and the cinematography was vibrant.

I'd probably be a bad cop, because I was fairly certain

the priest did it

for most of the season.

I'm not pro-church of england at all but it was so refreshing to see a vicar portrayed in a positive life. Granted they made him look suspcious (they made everyone look guilty) but besides what initially seemed like him capitolizing on the murder with the TV interview he actually did a pretty good job of helping his community and the family of the victims. I particularly liked his condemnation of his flock after the old guy's suicide.

It was a bit convenient given the amount of time they had. I'm pretty sure that

Claire is the killer (or at the least co-killer). I think they are flipping the Miller dynamic and having Ashworth throw his life away to defend his wife. The scene where Claire got snappy with Miller while they were talking about their murderous husbands raised my suspicion and the fact she clearly had to willingly leave with Ashworth has me convinced

I'm not pro-church of england at all but it was so refreshing to see a vicar portrayed in a positive life. Granted they made him look suspcious (they made everyone look guilty) but besides what initially seemed like him capitolizing on the murder with the TV interview he actually did a pretty good job of helping his community and the family of the victims. I particularly liked his condemnation of his flock after the old guy's suicide.

I'd condemn the bloody flock too...made me so irritated...

Season 2 is pleasantly surprising me. I was initially anxious. I thought it.might seem forced and like a blatant milking of the cash cow when I heard there would be another Season, but it does.not seem forced at all

Finally I watched ep 1. I'm so happy it's back. I must say I didn't know where they are going, since we closed the case last season, but I like this. We are still connected to old case, old characters we grew to know and lovs and we also have another case to solve so it is not only about the trial. Cool. Photography is still perfect. And this is gaziloion times better than US version. The chemistry between Miller and Hardy is far better and even though Anna G was good in BrBa, here she was mediocre. Olivia C is far far better.

The only thing I don't quite like is Tom and Mark....wtf?

I don't think it's creepy. In fact, it's nice to see two people who can get past all of the anger and bullshit and simply try to help one another. Beth is about driving me mad with all of her ridiculous rage at Ellie...as if Ellie didn't just lose everything she had because of no fault of her own.

I don't think it's creepy. In fact, it's nice to see two people who can get past all of the anger and bullshit and simply try to help one another. Beth is about driving me mad with all of her ridiculous rage at Ellie...as if Ellie didn't just lose everything she had because of no fault of her own.

No I didn't think

it will go in a creepy Jo/Dani sort of way,I just thought wtf because it is pretty big change in Mark's character. To better explain it I bellieved itwill go two ways Mark is going to take Joe's son the way Jo took his or Mark is just missing his son. After the first episode I didn't know which way they are going and it was wtf moment to me cause I thought they mignt go with Mark killing Tom,or at least teasing it might happen and it surprised me. But after this episode I think it might be more the other reason,he's missing his boy and I don't find it creepy just sad and a bit unfair,it's kind of imho putting too much pressure on already traumatized kid.

Second episode was goood as well. Re: the lawyers

I thought that the two were ina relationship when they first talked. Also That's what I thought about Lawyer and News lady too. Maybe,maybe not itwas justmy firstimpression. I really like both them and the judge,so good to see lady trio there. I think it wouldadd even moreto thecharacter ifit turns out that the defense lawyer has a son. I thought of it when she was talking on the phone. It would really make her very strong imho. I also like how she's not portraied as villain but only as a person doing her job.

RE: the priest

I also think it refreshing he's not shown as some creepy child molester. Also I always see Rory when I see him :)

Re: Claire

She is soooo guilty of something. I even dare say she was in on it either as a submissive participant or as a master mind. There a re 9 episodes or so and if we've been shown the killer in ep 1what isthere to investigate?

Re: mother

I think she's taking it out on Ellie cause she has no oneelseto take itout on and Ellie isclosest to the killershe has,she was his wife. Not guilty,had no idea,but Beth has to be angry at someone and Ellie is only one available. Sad and wrong but understandable.

Archived