Survivor: Popping Collars

Cuellar

Yeah Will went a little overboard, but I understand where he is coming from. He did the most generous thing possible and then to have people turn around and question him was pretty fucked. Even if he did bring back only a portion of the rations that was still more than he had to do.

Also Jeff explained the rules at the beginning that you were not allowed to share auction items. Wonder why that didn't apply to Will.

ETA: I was surprised that Jeff allowed them all to purchase their letters from home after Shirin gamed the system. I figured he would say "Just because we did that in the past doesn't mean we are doing that this season", then everyone would be pissed as Shirin.

I don't blame Will for being mad that people questioned his generosity. That is understandable. He crossed a fucking line hard by getting so personal and then doubling down on it at Tribal. I was listening to RHAP and the Jenn interview. Apparently Will came up to Jenn and told her, "I would never talk to you like I talked to Shirin. You're cool, I like you, no hard feelings for suspecting me of being deceitful." Even without hearing that Will's behavior was despicable. After hearing that, doubly so.

Yeah Will went a little overboard, but I understand where he is coming from. He did the most generous thing possible and then to have people turn around and question him was pretty fucked. Even if he did bring back only a portion of the rations that was still more than he had to do.

Also Jeff explained the rules at the beginning that you were not allowed to share auction items. Wonder why that didn't apply to Will.

ETA: I was surprised that Jeff allowed them all to purchase their letters from home after Shirin gamed the system. I figured he would say "Just because we did that in the past doesn't mean we are doing that this season", then everyone would be pissed as Shirin.

I listened to Richard Hatch break down this episode with Rob Cesterino today, and Richard was brutal to the game play of Will this week. He said first of all, there was absolutely no advantage of sharing the food with anyone as no one had any kind of inclination about it. He said the best play would have been just to not mention it and ignore it unless he was absolutely certain no one was around. He also said that his verbal abuse of Shireen was among the worst Survivor moves he has seen.

Other highlights included slamming Rodney and talking about what might have happened behind the scene to change Mike's mind about buying his letter.

http://robhasawebsite.com/survivor-2015-worlds-apart-episode-10-recap-richard-hatch-interview/

I am still worked up about how awful Will was. I am coming around to SAegon's way of thinking that the only way this could be considered a good season would be if Mike or Shirin wins. Otherwise it's a season that had promise, but turned bad very quickly.

I can see a situation where if Mike wins immunity again, or leverages his idol, Dan could be persuaded to vote out Will over Shirin based on his fuck-wit behavior. Dan is completely clueless in a lot of ways, but he seems to think with his emotions. That was showcased this last episode. Perhaps that's how this alliance of four is broken and once it breaks, it becomes a free-for-all.

I am still worked up about how awful Will was. I am coming around to SAegon's way of thinking that the only way this could be considered a good season would be if Mike or Shirin wins. Otherwise it's a season that had promise, but turned bad very quickly.

Definitely agree. Rodney, Will, and Dan all suck. Carolyn kind of sucks. Tyler and Sierra are just non-existent. If Mike or Shirin doesn't win, this season will be a big disappointment.

I can see a situation where if Mike wins immunity again, or leverages his idol, Dan could be persuaded to vote out Will over Shirin based on his fuck-wit behavior. Dan is completely clueless in a lot of ways, but he seems to think with his emotions. That was showcased this last episode. Perhaps that's how this alliance of four is broken and once it breaks, it becomes a free-for-all.

I feel like the most realistic way for Mike and Shirin to turn things upside down is for Mike to win immunity, reveal to everyone that he has a hidden idol, give one of the idols to Shirin, and then watch as the 6 turn on each other. The hope would be to force Rodney, Will, Carolyn, and Tyler to show their true colors, and alienate Dan and Sierra.

Of course, the trick would be to convince Dan and Sierra that they are on the bottom of the alliance before tribal council. But maybe the reveal of the idol would stir things up enough to make it apparent to everybody.

So the board ate my longer post. Thanks Game of Thrones.

Short version is fuck Will, Team Shirin all the way for the win. This was a hard episode to watch.

Yup basically this.

I don't think the cast as a whole is awful: I can't stand Dan, Rodney, or suddenly Will. But the other 15 are mostly good. So we just need things to shake up and for those horrible three to go next, and I'll be fairly satisfied with the season. Not immensely, because it sucks that the narrative has to rely on that kind of treatment to begin with, but I'll be good with it. But if all three of them continue to stick around and even outlast Mike/Shirin or something, then yeah, fuck that.

It's not a bad cast for me - it just has a few really, really bad contestants, so it's a matter of what happens with them - that's my view.

I don't see how "Nobody loves you and you don't have a soul", then talking over her while she breaks down crying about domestic abuse, is "a little overboard." It's fucking insane.

I disagreed with Hatch when he said the best play for Will was to not share the food. If you looked at the map to it's location it was literally about 100m up the beach from their camp, almost within eyesight. Will would have to be pretty damn stealthy (which he is not) to sneak eat without anyone noticing. He could have moved the jars to somewhere else I guess, not sure if the box was too heavy to move and it would've been left there for evidence.

Other interesting part about Will's game is he's the only one that has actually flipped so far (I'de call a Shirin a floater). With all this Rodney vs Mike and Dan calling out flippers since the merge. Every single person since the merge has voted out the No Collars and not on each other yet. Mike overhears a final 4 plan being made, but the fact is those 4 have voted the way they've told Mike they would vote up until this point. And although Mike is now on the outs with the majority, he decides not to fight against it and votes with them again. So technically this is really still big one alliance of 7.

Even if it wouldn't backfire by someone finding you, it potentially adds clout because then you can say at an FTC "I shared my food" as a selling point or whatever. And I don't think it could really hurt; I don't think Will is the frontrunner to win most challenges anyway, no matter how well-nourished he may be.

Wow, super intense stuff. I don't know what it was but I really felt like I was there on the island this episode, I'm not sure whether the editing and super cuts were cut back a little and they just let the raw footage speak for itself, it also felt like there were less confessionals so for the most part you were just seeing everything play out within the group. Whatever it was I felt the adrenaline kick in like I was ready to step onto that beach and join in all the arguments and bitchslap Will and Rodney. Will saddens me, this is not the same guy that was so empathetic and considerate of Nina in the first 2 episodes. Hunger and tiredness surely plays a factor, but certainly doesn't excuse what he dished up. Rodney is so full of himself that he admitted Mike was completely right about everything but then just a switch flicked in his brain to completely ignore that fact for the rest of the episode.

Dan and Sierra have just confirmed their status as sheep and goats of the highest order. I think Sierra knows she's just a follower, but Dan is kidding himself if he thinks he's in control of anything at this point (I wonder how he'll blunder his extra vote).

I also think, while Tyler and to a lesser extent Caroline have mastered this ninja style of quiet zen gameplay, at some point they are going to need to speak up and let the jury know what they are doing. They don't need to make a big move necessarily (they're already in a great spot) but they do need to vocalize at least a few key decisions they've made at some point.

I don't understand the point you're trying to make about Rodney. Is it concerning Mike calling out the sub-alliance, or Mike sticking up for Shirin? Either way, I don't think he should flush his whole game, and the alliances he's been cultivating all season, over either of those things.

I don't understand the point you're trying to make about Rodney. Is it concerning Mike calling out the sub-alliance, or Mike sticking up for Shirin? Either way, I don't think he should flush his whole game, and the alliances he's been cultivating all season, over either of those things.

Well, at that point it was only Dan and Sierra that were unaware this Rodney alliance existed. Jenn and Shirin are already so far in Mike's corner, the rest are just enemies anyway. So when Mike does his expose, Rodney's play should be to just ignore or shut down that conversation and then individually talk to Dan and Sierra and try and convince them there's a spot for them at the end. But instead Rodney's play was to rant and rave to everybody that Mike is paranoid, and a flipper, and that he would fight (or go tip top toes?) with him if it was on the street. So Rodney comes across as looking silly to everyone because most people in the game know that Mike is right.

What I think Rodney did fairly well at was using the letters thing at the auction as a way to turn people against Mike. However, I think that's going to be a fairly short term swing in Rodney's favor. Caroline was definitely in Rodney's corner there, and Rod was really working Dan over, but I don't think in the long term Dan would turn on Mike over his letter stunt.

Unfortunately it is still going how I thought it would. Just Mike and Shireen left now. Unless Mike pulls off something like a poster suggested and wins immunity and shows everyone the hidden immunity and gives it to Shireen just to cause chaos, then I see Shireen going next. BTW, great thoughts on that one WhiskeyJack.

The preview showing Tyler finding out about the Dan extra vote could be a pile of nothing and most previews are.

So, I still see Shireen going next, because Mike plays his idol. Then Mike goes of he doesn't win the challenge. After that Dan and Sierra are next to go. Leaves Rodney, Carolyn, Will, and Tyler. Tyler or Carolyn wins immunity and takes Will and Rodney with them for the win.

Will. Wow. You are horrible at challenges and you flipped on you team, but you at least stayed loyal after flipping. You do a good thing by sharing your stash but then undo all that good will by turning into a horrible bully. How they just stood by and didn't say anything to him is beyond me, I couldn't have done that. Then to make things worse he berates her more, while she is crying and expaining how she has been abused as a child. I mean damn fella, call yourself a man of any God and then act like that?

Meh I think the season got better for the reason that now Shireen can't win. I did not want to see another "Sandra get to the end by being carried but then wins because the other two are disliked more". Will's an asshole but that doesn't mean that Shireen suddenly was a good player. She was not. She alienated herself from 2 different tribes and only had an ally at the end because of Mike alienating himself and Will's assholeness.

Seemingly Tyler came off a bit better so that made me more interested in what is likely the inevitable Mike win. Maybe someone can give him a run.

A different opinion is "stupid"?

I haven't been entertained for.. a while. I've been holding out hope that all of the unlikable awfulness was building up Shirin to outlast them, but when that's not the case, it retroactively makes me wish I hadn't even watched the last month's worth of episodes. I don't like the boot order, I think pretty much every episode for weeks has been a waste of time, and I think this might be my least favorite group of people to ever make the end. Blargh. The Mike win is like the only thing it has going for it, but it's still going to be really hard for this season to rise out of my bottom... 7 or so.

Also, Sandra <3

Okay, well let me kneel before you and your wonderful insight, O sacred arbiter of which reality TV opinions are acceptable. :bowdown:

If other people like the season, cool, more power to you. For me, it's plummeting down to be one of my least favorites ever, and it might be the first one I ever stop watching. I shouldn't have worded it as an objective thing, but I personally feel about as positively towards this season as I feel towards the odor of most garbage. :ack:

I am enjoying the season so far and I am not mad Shireen is gone. She is bad at everything that is Survivor. She is bad at challenges and the social game. Her original tribe didn't like her, the no collars basically smacked her in the face and gave her a wake up call, and still didn't like her. Blue collars quickly didn't like her, they can't all be wrong.

Still shaping up as it seems. Mike's only chance is to keep winning challenges.

Whiskeyjack called it pretty closely when he suggested Mike should give Shireen the idol just to screw with the alliance. Mike bluffed at it and now Dan should see he is the next to go. If Dan is half as smart as he thinks he is, he should team with Mike and Sierra, along with his extra vote and get Tyler out.

I came to voice my opinion, but now I'm afraid I'll be labeled as stupid so I shall slowly slink away and return when the next season premiers.

EDIT: Much love and respect for Sandra.

Archived