Cricket 26: Sri Lankans and Bangladeshis and... Irish, oh my

Zoë Sumra

SA really do suck at run chases and the batting lineup has been either sublime or rubbish. On the two occasions the SA batting have come up a good bowling attack they capitulated. Oh well, at least SA's NRR is vastly superior to that of the chasing pack. Victory over UAE will secure 2nd spot.

Zim/Ireland is shaping up for a cracking finish.

Dammit. Missed the end of another awesome match. Stayed up pretty late to watch a good chunk of SA-PAK (MuthaHydra is staying at our house, and that necessitates staying up late and drinking gin). Made some wild (possibly ill-considered) picks for the next two matches. Fursuit Mania might have to don the squirrel suit once again...

Dammit. Missed the end of another awesome match. Stayed up pretty late to watch a good chunk of SA-PAK (MuthaHydra is staying at our house, and that necessitates staying up late and drinking gin). Made some wild (possibly ill-considered) picks for the next two matches. Fursuit Mania might have to don the squirrel suit once again...

I was at work (damn you Saturday overtime!) and following it on the cricinfo live text, while bemoaning the fact that SA-Pak was a day/night game - if it had been a day game it would have started at 10pm GMT and I could have changed my captain last night before going to bed, and thus got double points from both AB and Brendan Taylor.

It's looking like Ireland v Pakistan might be the decider for who gets through to the quarter-final. Pakistan will be hoping the game isn't a repeat of 2007, they should still be the favourites but Ireland have a real chance.

I know I'm not exactly in contention, but the fact I had four Saffers in my team and de Villiers as captain, but received not a single point has really annoyed me.

Make sure you click on the appropriate match to view the points for it, otherwise it'll just show you the points from the latest match (i.e. Ire-Zim). It says you got 383 points for SA-Pak.

I can't change captain on the mobile site - players, but not captain - so I'm waiting to.get home from an evening out to get rid of ABDV. Looks like NZvAFG won't last that long, but we've been pleasantly surprised before...

Another couple of really good games overnight (Friday - Saturday). Learning my lesson from last week, I watched until about 1am EST, and then just watched the highlights on Saturday afternoon. Watching NZ vs Afghanistan now, and will fall asleep listening to TMS later I expect.

Archived