Walking Dead Season 5 (No Comic Spoilers) Part 4

l2 0 5 5

We were over 400 replies.

Elba the Intoner:

I hated what Carol did in this episode and I think she could have come up with some other way of handling it. She was once an abused wife and now she is pulling one of the most despicable plays from the child predator 101 handbook? And I really have to question whether her invisible happy housewife routine is fooling anyone. If Aaron had been spying on the group for a while then he knows that Carol is way more capable that what she is portraying. I'm surprised he hasn't said anything to her about it. I wonder if he has mentioned this to Deanna. Also, I kind of get the feeling that Deanna knows it is a sham too but it's too early to tell if this will be the case or not.
What would you recommend? She didn't have much time to think in that situation. When I think child predator, I think of sexual abuse, and nothing Carol said to that kid reflected that.

I believe you're missing the mark on Aaron. Yes, he may be aware that Carol is hiding behind the facade of a good housewife, but why should he tell Deanna about it? Last episode seemed quite clear to me that Aaron isn't exactly a huge supporter of what Deanna is trying to sell. If anything, I'd imagine Aaron is quite happy letting Carol do her own thing.

And Carol certainly fooled Tobin (I believe that was the burly mans' name) into thinking she was daft, and that's exactly the kind of person she'll repay down the road.

And Carol certainly fooled Tobin (I believe that was the burly mans' name) into thinking she was daft, and that's exactly the kind of person she'll repay down the road.

Yeah, I think Carol has everyone fooled. Aaron would have to have been following them for a long time to have seen anything that showed her true self. Unfortunately this sort of demands a real confrontation between the groups for her pretense to pay off.

Good points. Aaron probably isn't aware of how she is, but if he does know, I'm not sure he would care that much, or feel any urge to tell Deanna.

Seems to me like Aaron comes home from his recruiting trips and just hangs with Eric. I don't think he's very intrigued by this pseudo happy life that Deanna is trying to create.

I can just imagine the pay-off scene that Carol's charade is building up to.

We'll have a scene where the bad guys have all the "menfolk" beaten down, about to be killed execution style, and out steps Carol from a side alley and mows the evildoers down with a pump action shotgun, ammunition belt strapped around her, Sarah Connor style.

Man, I can't wait for that to go down.

I wonder if they'll do that again though, since it was Carol who came out of nowhere and saved the group at Terminus.

Yes, fair point. I thought it sounded way too familiar. But something is going to happen where Carol's meek demanour is suddenly overturned to all the Alexandrites' surprise. Maybe more along the lines of a perilous situation confronting the team, and Carol being overlooked by the bad guys, until she calmly walks up and slits a bad guy's throat with a kitchen knife - or stabs him in the throad with a cookie mixer or something. While wearing an apron.

I wonder if they'll do that again though, since it was Carol who came out of nowhere and saved the group at Terminus.

That would be a disappointing re-tread. Maybe I'm wrong about it it demanding a confrontation, and they'll just stick with it allowing her to be invisible. Hell, maybe just getting the guns was the payoff.

eta: from the last thread...

If I were Rick I would have had a Vietnam flashback to that train car when the A was applied to my skin by the kid.

I got the Scarlett Letter reference with the A, but what did it have to do with Terminus?

We were over 400 replies.

What would you recommend? She didn't have much time to think in that situation. When I think child predator, I think of sexual abuse, and nothing Carol said to that kid reflected that.

I believe you're missing the mark on Aaron. Yes, he may be aware that Carol is hiding behind the facade of a good housewife, but why should he tell Deanna about it? Last episode seemed quite clear to me that Aaron isn't exactly a huge supporter of what Deanna is trying to sell. If anything, I'd imagine Aaron is quite happy letting Carol do her own thing.

And Carol certainly fooled Tobin (I believe that was the burly mans' name) into thinking she was daft, and that's exactly the kind of person she'll repay down the road.The child predator aspect comes from how she is scaring the child into not telling. That is standard operating procedure for anyone abusing a child, to scare them into not telling other adults what is really going on. At least that was the vibe I got from it though I agree there was nothing showing sexual abuse.

The child predator aspect comes from how she is scaring the child into not telling. That is standard operating procedure for anyone abusing a child, to scare them into not telling other adults what is really going on. At least that was the vibe I got from it though I agree there was nothing showing sexual abuse.

As for her taking the guns in the first place, I guess I am struggling with the fact that I don't think she should have taken them at all. I think Daryl had the right of it at the end to try and make it work. I feel like their own paranoid behavior is causing them to take actions that will cause even greater problems down the line because I highly doubt that this situation with the boy is just going to go away. Also, I question whether it was necessary because it seems like the security around the guns was pretty lax anyway. How was that cooler where all those small handguns were being kept not locked up? Anyway, once she started on that path and got caught, Carol could have come up with some other lie like saying she snuck in to get some more chocolate because it's been so long since she's had any, then saw the guns and wanted to take them for her friends because she was trying to help them since they feel uncomfortable not being able to have them while living inside the walls and then really start sobbing and begging him not to tell anyone because then they'll exile her to the outside and (sob) she could not survive going out there again and (sob) she couldn't handle it on her own and (sob) the walkers would tear her apart (go into detail here about how they do that) and would he really want that to happen to her (sob sob sob) and he doesn't want to be responsible for her dying does he? That's just an idea I thought of off the top of my head but it might work and even if it didn't and the boy told his mother, it still portrays Carol as a soft den mother type.

Yeah I get that Aaron doesn't seem to be Deanna's biggest fan or that he should automatically tell her anything, which is why I framed my comment with "I wonder if" he has mentioned it. The reason I am wondering has more to do with their jobs because if Deanna is in charge, then I would think she would want to follow up with Aaron and get an account of his scouting missions. Shouldn't he have to report back to her in some manner? Of course he doesn't have to tell her much of anything but how little can he really get away with saying and still be considered a reliable recruiter? In fact, I was thinking that instead of this bizarro party they held for the newcomers they should have had a town hall meeting where they introduced the newcomers and had them talk about their experiences on the outside.

Fooling that guy Tobin didn't seem that hard for sure but Deanna says she is a good reader of people and she does seem smart so that is a different situation entirely. I guess we'll have to wait and see how this plays out because they are introducing it for a reason that's for sure.

It's bothering me about the walker that Daryl, Carol and Rick found that had the W carved on it's forehead. Why didn't Rick tell them about the other walkers with the W's that he, Michonne and Noah found by the destroyed compound? The arms and legs were left by the breach in the wall, so it's not hard to add it up, and now there is another similarly branded walker so close to Alexandria. I get not wanting to make everyone nervous but of all people I would think Rick would confide in Carol and Daryl and it's clear they had no clue.

It's bothering me about the walker that Daryl, Carol and Rick found that had the W carved on it's forehead. Why didn't Rick tell them about the other walkers with the W's that he, Michonne and Noah found by the destroyed compound? The arms and legs were left by the breach in the wall, so it's not hard to add it up, and now there is another similarly branded walker so close to Alexandria. I get not wanting to make everyone nervous but of all people I would think Rick would confide in Carol and Daryl and it's clear they had no clue.

I'm also looking forward to this "W" revelation.

I just finished watching season 1. I can't believe I missed watching this. It is soooooo good.

Although, the disorganization and chaos of zombie Apocolypse makes me clean my house like a crazy person.

I just finished watching season 1. I can't believe I missed watching this. It is soooooo good.

Although, the disorganization and chaos of zombie Apocolypse makes me clean my house like a crazy person.

Season 2 is a bit slow, but it picks up after that. It really is a fun show to watch.

I watched the new episode only just now. It was okay, Carol was great as ever.

I don't think TWD has ever had this many named characters in a single location (we didn't know that many Woodburyans and I'm not sure about the prison). I think the next episodes will build up the conflict with the Wolves and then the 90-minute finale will be a whole bunch of deaths (some minor and one major, I think).

I watched the new episode only just now. It was okay, Carol was great as ever.

I don't think TWD has ever had this many named characters in a single location (we didn't know that many Woodburyans and I'm not sure about the prison). I think the next episodes will build up the conflict with the Wolves and then the 90-minute finale will be a whole bunch of deaths (some minor and one major, I think).

There's 1 more episode next week before the finale in 2 weeks.

There's 1 more episode next week before the finale in 2 weeks.

'

When I said 'new episode' I meant the episode Forget, the one with Deanna's party. I realize there might be a newer episodeout already, are you referring to that one? According to IMDB, there are 3 episodes after Forget, not 2.

'

When I said 'new episode' I meant the episode Forget, the one with Deanna's party. I realize there might be a newer episodeout already, are you referring to that one? According to IMDB, there are 3 episodes after Forget, not 2.

Tonight, next Sunday, Sunday after that. 3 episodes left.

Archived