Walking Dead Season 5 (No Comic Spoilers) Part 4

l2 0 5 5

I expected him to go alpha male mode and defend his turf

This is probably why it seems so odd that he would be so reasonable about the whole thing. Because normally we would expect a lot of macho bluster and posturing between a couple of guys vying over a leadership role. But I think what happened happened and the only reason we were privy to his convo with Deanna is so that we would know that she was given an honest, straightforward version of events. And that this will be in contrast to whatever Nick has to say about what happened to Aiden on the foraging mission.

Does anyone feel like Tobin gave up his position at the construction site a little too easily? I guess the cynic in me thinks that he may have another motive for doing that other than feeling like he lost to the better man.

Not really, the guy fucked up royally. Wasn't he the one who shot out the hoses that dumped his cohort into the middle of that swarm? And then he ordered a retreat. What was he going to say?

"That red-headed bastard single-handedly crushed a zombie swarm with a wrench, and saved the person I had more or less inadvertently killed. Fuck that guy."

Its hilarious that this show has us suspicious of a guy because he told the truth!

I dunno, Tobin froze during that crisis and was willing to simply let that girl get eaten. Abraham quickly took control of the situation and resolved it. Maybe Tobin didn't want the responsibility to begin with.

That's what I figured. You can only sit there for so long with a policy of feeding people to the zombie's one by one before it starts to grate on you. I also don't think there is any kind of advantage provided by the 'minimizing losses' approach the Alexandrian's take towards leaving people behind. With that kind of attitude, you always lose eventually. That's why Rick's group has survived and grown- they look out for eachother. The Alexandrian's wouldn't last half as long, behind walls or not, with that kind of outlook. I think this guy just had their whole philosophy upended and he knew it.

Think Enid will have a big role in the last episodes. Her (somewhat) odd behavior towards carl, seeing her climbing over the fence and disappear, the leading candidate for having stolen the gun that rick stashed outside the walls -- why wasn't this a bigger deal to rick and company when they didn't find the gun? would kinda put up a red flag for me

Think Enid will have a big role in the last episodes. Her (somewhat) odd behavior towards carl, seeing her climbing over the fence and disappear, the leading candidate for having stolen the gun that rick stashed outside the walls -- why wasn't this a bigger deal to rick and company when they didn't find the gun? would kinda put up a red flag for me

I'm thinking she's some sort of mole for a group that is eyeing Alexandria for invasion.

I'm thinking she's some sort of mole for a group that is eyeing Alexandria for invasion.

Maybe, but I doubt it. Didn't the teen boys say that it took her like eight months before she'd even talk? If she's been there the better part of a year, I doubt she's a mole.

Maybe, but I doubt it. Didn't the teen boys say that it took her like eight months before she'd even talk? If she's been there the better part of a year, I doubt she's a mole.

Hmm, didn't catch that part. Just seems like she doesn't belong, and has little or no interest in interacting with the community. Her sneaking over the wall bit made me think she's reporting to someone on the outside.

Hmm, didn't catch that part. Just seems like she doesn't belong, and has little or no interest in interacting with the community. Her sneaking over the wall bit made me think she's reporting to someone on the outside.

I think she's probably going to check on the three folks who were exiled from Alexandria. And they may be plotting something against the town, but I don't think she was planted there specifically to be a mole.

I have to think Enid is not going out to talk to anyone, I get the feeling she and her group were out in the wild too long and she is having trouble adapting. Did they say she came there with anyone else or was she alone?

She likely has suffered some abuse at the hands of men and adding the zombies on top has put her off to having interation with anyone. With Carl having his near abuse with the "claim" gang, he may be able to relate to her a little.

No, they said it was three weeks before Enid said anything and that she had been there only a few months. Still doubtable but something is going on. I can't wait to find out more about her!

Abraham is clearly the better fit there, but damn... Tobin just threw in the towel quickly. I expected him to go alpha male mode and defend his turf but instead he went back to Deanna and told her the truth about Abraham saving lives. He stepped down pretty fast.

I'll be paying attention to him.

He also previously offered to give Carol gun lessons, and whilst being hilarious, he didn't seem to be doing it in a douchebag kind of way.

He also previously offered to give Carol gun lessons, and whilst being hilarious, he didn't seem to be doing it in a douchebag kind of way.

Yeah it's a hard read. Probably nothing to it, but watching a lot of tv has taught me to be skeptical.

I like cheese sammiches.

:cheers:

I'm hoping that an outside threat forces the community and the survivors to bond, because I'm kind of getting kind of tired of the pattern that seems to be developing. This isn't Woodbury. Deanna is a politician, but she does seem to put the greater needs of the community ahead of herself. There is really no good reason for the survivors to alienate themselves from this community at this point, but I fear that's what is going to happen ultimately.

Archived