Walking Dead Season 5 (No Comic Spoilers) Part 4

l2 0 5 5

How does Nicholas have the gun? Does he just routinely check garbage piles? It's just really unlikely he saw Rick put the gun in the blender when he was at the gate when our group arrived. Or is it the case that he's working with one of the exiles and/or the "w" people?

A lot of stuff happened that seemed off.

Darryl sees a fire at night, but doesn't reach it or investigate it until daylight?

And Enid is just taking strolls through the woods for old time's sake? It's funny that she thinks Carl scares her, though.

And Rick couldn't handle the Pete issue any better than this? But pulling out the gun definitely made him look unhinged.

Episode was good, but I felt it could've been handled better.

I thought this episode was more good than bleh this time around although there were some annoyances.

I know Sasha is unhinged based on her two losses but for her to be a wildcard she sure seems to motivate people in becoming crazy like her. Michonne deciding to go ballistic as well might be some foreshadowing on her end that will put them into conflict later.

Enid and Carl??? Is this some kind of new teenage drama they adding into the show? Was anyone else thinking the same as me when I thought they were going to kiss... lol.

Rick and Pete... So Rick convinces Jessie to choose to be free and independent but instead of heading over right away to Deanna's to solve this crisis they instead get caught by Pete who already looks a little drunk. Why Rick resorted to brutally fight him was his own undoing because we all know that man cannot fight. Shane vs Rick he nearly loses it if not for Carl. Rick vs Governor he nearly loses it if not for Michonne.. So why the man picks another fight he can't win is beyond me. Oh and that speech? To go from the prison speech with the governor to what he said just now is a shame... A definite loss of humanity right there.

How does Nicholas have the gun? Does he just routinely check garbage piles? It's just really unlikely he saw Rick put the gun in the blender when he was at the gate when our group arrived. Or is it the case that he's working with one of the exiles and/or the "w" people?

Hard to say. But if there is a lady who wants to get a pasta maker, there may be plenty of people whining about other kitchen items, so perhaps he did happen to come across it while looking for stuff.

ETA #2: Oh, and Rick has totally become Shane.

One of the things Rick said during his rant was actually a verbatim line of Shane's. "Something something you think you do but you don't." So they are definitely drawing some parallels between them. I'm not sure how fair that is though. When Shane was being Shane it seemed borderline psychopathic, but experience has shown that he really wasn't wrong about how the world would become.

And while i don't fault Michone for knocking Rick out, if only to keep things from escalating, I'm still sort of frustrated at the impression that everyone got from only witnessing the end of the fight between Rick and the Doc. I don't know that Rick was necessarily just going to execute the Doc, and he did kind of get pushed into a physical confrontation. But he definitely lost any chance of reasonable discourse when he waved his gun at Deanna's crew. At least he didn't bite the Doc's face. i was half expecting that.

Loved the opening with Nick and Glen giving their versions of events to their respective leaders. I don't think Deanna bought Nick's version at all, but I don't think she is happy about it. Like she knows that her way of handling people is wrong, but is just getting more and more frustrated about having it shoved in her face.

The whole W thing is weird, so it appears someone is making walkers and then delimbing them and harvesting their torsos/heads for some reason. Maybe another version of the governor's fish tanks? Or if the W is some kind of brand for slaves, then it's as a warning to the slaves about what happens if you disobey or try to run away?

I took the whole Enid and Carl being scared of each other as they felt an an attraction and if they started to care for someone new, it was just someone else they could lose.

Rick definitely went too far, but I think when Jessie told Pete to get out and Pete said no, Rick had to back her up after going on about how he would help her.

Rick and Pete... So Rick convinces Jessie to choose to be free and independent but instead of heading over right away to Deanna's to solve this crisis they instead get caught by Pete who already looks a little drunk. Why Rick resorted to brutally fight him was his own undoing because we all know that man cannot fight. Shane vs Rick he nearly loses it if not for Carl. Rick vs Governor he nearly loses it if not for Michonne.. So why the man picks another fight he can't win is beyond me. Oh and that speech? To go from the prison speech with the governor to what he said just now is a shame... A definite loss of humanity right there.

Fight wise:

Shane is more muscular than Rick and considerably more aggressive. In this fight Rick wins (although Shane had wandered off to do something else halfway through)

The Governor is about four inches taller than Rick, Rick has been pretty seriously shot in the leg, and his hand is still bandaged from his fight with Tyresse. The Fight. The Governor has also been shot, but it looks more like a graze, and it doesn't seem to effect him finishing Hershal off or firing his gun (both right handed.)

Speaking off Rick's injured hand he got that in a fight with Tyreese, this one isn't all that fair as Tyreese gets his first blow in without warning, and Rick gets in at least one whilst Darryl was restraining Tyreese. But given that Chad Coleman is built like a brick shithouse it's still fairly relevant.

Then there's the fight with Joe. Rick says at the beginning of this ep he's still recovering from the events of the midseason finale, and has already strangled a guy to death. Whilst I've never had a gun go off next to my ear before I suspect it would be pretty damn disorientating.

At the start of the doctor fight he's definitely holding back, and again this is a bigger man.

Saying Rick can't fight seems a little unfair.

Of course there's been a loss of humanity, that's the whole purpose of the latter half of S4 and Terminus, Rick realising he can't be a farmer.

The whole W thing is weird, so it appears someone is making walkers and then delimbing them and harvesting their torsos/heads for some reason. Maybe another version of the governor's fish tanks? Or if the W is some kind of brand for slaves, then it's as a warning to the slaves about what happens if you disobey or try to run away?

I don't get the point of the W thing either. Its some sort of gang identifier for the Wolves, or something. But are they doing it to living people who then die with the W on their head, or are they marking walkers and then releasing them, or what. Also I don't get the dismembered torso thing at all. I mean, the truckload of limbless walkers was creepy, but not exactly dangerous to anyone. Also it seems sort of haphazard. Why do some walkers get torsoed, some get Ws and sent on their way, while others get tied to trees and just left there?

In any case, after Rick warning Deanna about the dangers of simply exiling people, whoever is doing it is most certainly tied to Alexandria. So I expect a big "told you so" moment in Deanna's future.

Are the Wolves the same guys as Daryl's 'Claimed' gang? I thought they all got killed and must have missed the stuff about Wolves. I mean I saw the Ws but was there another sign or something? I missed a couple episodes right after the escape from Terminus.

Different groups.

We don't know who the Wolves are...Joe's 'Claimed' gang were all killed off.

In the first episode back this half season, just outside the village where Noah was trying to get to, there was a wrecked truck with Walker Torso's and heads...all the limbs were cut off and scattered about.

No clue what that's about yet.

Also, no clue if the W walkers are connected with the woman strapped to the tree...which was creepy as hell!

Did anybody get reminded of Groundhog Day when Michonne's alarm clock went off? I was waiting to hear "I got you babe".

YES I DID! Just about every movie or show that starts a scene zoomed in on the clock, I picture that movie and expect that song.

Different groups.

We don't know who the Wolves are...Joe's 'Claimed' gang were all killed off.

In the first episode back this half season, just outside the village where Noah was trying to get to, there was a wrecked truck with Walker Torso's and heads...all the limbs were cut off and scattered about.

No clue what that's about yet.

Also, no clue if the W walkers are connected with the woman strapped to the tree...which was creepy as hell!

The woman had a W on her forehead, too. And I don't think creepy is the word I would use. She wasn't just tied to a tree, she was also naked. So you can imagine what the animals did to her before leaving her to be eaten by walkers. I am guessing all the walkers we've seen so far with a W were people killed by these "Wolves" and allowed to turn into walkers.

The woman had a W on her forehead, too. And I don't think creepy is the word I would use. She wasn't just tied to a tree, she was also naked. So you can imagine what the animals did to her before leaving her to be eaten by walkers. I am guessing all the walkers we've seen so far with a W were people killed by these "Wolves" and allowed to turn into walkers.

I missed the W carved on her...was it on her forehead as well?

So Wolves is just what we've decided to call the people responsible for the W's? There isn't a actual group in the show that's called the Wolves?

As far as I know...that is correct. Just the "Wolves not Far" painted in a few places in the first episode back on this half of the season.

I'm referring to this episode by the title "It's hard!"

for these reasons:

1) the new ad for the Will Farell movie "Get Hard" during the show, which features him repeatedly saying he's hard.

2) after the lusty teens hid inside the tree from the walkers, you could almost hear Carl's internal monologue: "It's hard!"

3) seeing Rick's mind fraying in the fight scene was hard to watch.

4) seeing Deanna's post-civilization challenge of governing this place, it looks like a hard assignment.

5) it's tough to pick sides in the police fight. Rick is right. And he's wrong. I cheered when Michone punched him out, and yet she was also at least 49% wrong to do it, and she knows it---we saw her cheating on her civilized self earlier in the hour when she also gave in to the need to be.... uncivilized. But she's also right to punch him out. She's 51% right to preserve the best thing going: that place. Rick was 51% in favor of conquering, Michone was 51% in favor of civilizing. But they're all split. In everyone's brains, it's just a narrow margin of victory that's keeping them on the path they've chosen.

6) also, it seems like the W carvings in all these walkers' foreheads are extremely HARD for any cast member to notice. How many W walkers do they have to see before someone wonders what's up with that? One idea I had was, "Is someone releasing all these walkers from a single location (DC?) and then tracking the migration patterns of the W-foreheads?" Maybe to create a kind of map that'd reveal the safest routes for humans to travel or safe zones in which to set up residences????

Archived