Small Questions v. 10098

Rhaenys_Targaryen

A few questions, not sure if they are exactly small:

1.Which House would have the best claim to takeover the Stormlands if the Baratheons died out?
2. Same question, but for Riverlands and House Tully.

3. Are the Dornish good soldiers outside of Dorne? (The only thing i saw about them is their shield wall was strong during the first Blackfyre rebellion)

A few questions, not sure if they are exactly small:

1.Which House would have the best claim to takeover the Stormlands if the Baratheons died out?

2. Same question, but for Riverlands and House Tully.

3. Are the Dornish good soldiers outside of Dorne? (The only thing i saw about them is their shield wall was strong during the first Blackfyre rebellion)

1.Estermonts probably

2.House Tully allready died out. (kinda)

3.The Dornish were the Hammer in the Redgrass field, not the anvil so probably pretty good.

1. For the Stormlands, we can't really tell. We don't know where the younger sons of House Baratheon married, or whether they still have descendants left alive. Lyonel Baratheon had a daughter (name unknown), besides Ormund (the father of Steffon, the grandfather of Robert/Stannis/Renly). If Lyonel did not have any other sons besides Ormund, and if Ormund had no other children besides Steffon, the descendants of Lyonels daughter would have a good claim.

2. For House Tully, it would be the children of Catelyn Tully, and next Lysa's son. If we go with the the current Ruling House, House Frey of Riverrun, well, take a look at the Frey family tree. When Emmon's children and grandchildren all die out, he has plenty of siblings to inherit.

3. We mostly saw them fighting in Dorne (First Dornish War, Conquest of Dorne and the subsequent Rebellion). They fought in both the First Blackfyre Rebellion, and Robert's Rebellion, outside of Dorne, and no one is talking about how bad they were. So I'd guess they are quite reasonable, if not very good, fighters.

1. For the Stormlands, we can't really tell. We don't know where the younger sons of House Baratheon married, or whether they still have descendants left alive. Lyonel Baratheon had a daughter (name unknown), besides Ormund (the father of Steffon, the grandfather of Robert/Stannis/Renly). If Lyonel did not have any other sons besides Ormund, and if Ormund had no other children besides Steffon, the descendants of Lyonels daughter would have a good claim.

2. For House Tully, it would be the children of Catelyn Tully, and next Lysa's son. If we go with the the current Ruling House, House Frey of Riverrun, well, take a look at the Frey family tree. When Emmon's children and grandchildren all die out, he has plenty of siblings to inherit.

3. We mostly saw them fighting in Dorne (First Dornish War, Conquest of Dorne and the subsequent Rebellion). They fought in both the First Blackfyre Rebellion, and Robert's Rebellion, outside of Dorne, and no one is talking about how bad they were. So I'd guess they are quite reasonable, if not very good, fighters.

Isn't Petyr the LP of the Riverlands?

ad 2.: The riverlands under king Tommen Baratheon are ruled neither by the Tullys nor by the Freys but by House Baelish.

De-facto it seems to be disputed between the Lannisters, Freys, on on side, the Tullys on the other and the BwB on a third.

Alayne would inherit.

I don't think this is a given. She'd have a claim, but you could easily imagine the crown brushing aside the claim of a bastard. Then they could reward it to whoever they wanted. I'm sure there wouldn't be much public support for Littlefinger's bastard daughter.

I was actually taking a look at House tully's family tree. As it stands now it's Edmure>his kid> Bran > Rickon > Sansa > Arya > SR > Brynden > probably Dany if she weren't disinherited. Her grandmother was Celia Tully. Can't really find any other Tully marriages

As to the Stormlands, yeah it's really hard to tell. The Estermonts don't have a claim through the male line, so any claim they had would be pretty far back in line of succession.

I was actually taking a look at House tully's family tree. As it stands now it's Edmure>his kid> Bran > Rickon > Sansa > Arya > SR > Brynden > probably Dany if she weren't disinherited. Her grandmother was Celia Tully. Can't really find any other Tully marriages

No. Jaehaerys II was betrothed to Celia Tully, but he broke the betrothal and married his sister Shaera, who became the mother of Aerys and Rhaella (and thus the grandmother of Daenaerys)

Why didn't Robert/all Baratheons generally know that they always have black haired offspring.... if a whole line of a house have the same hair and eyes how is that not at least kind of common knowledge? I feel like the incest would be pretty obvious knowing that

Baratheons don't always have black haired offspring, though. It is only supposed to be that the Baratheon black is dominant over the Lannister blond. Princess Rhaenys Targaryen (the Queen Who Never Was) had a Baratheon mother, but she had the Valyrian look, with silver hair streaked with white

Why didn't Robert/all Baratheons generally know that they always have black haired offspring.... if a whole line of a house have the same hair and eyes how is that not at least kind of common knowledge? I feel like the incest would be pretty obvious knowing that

"Wait a minute... wait a minute... My son has yellow hair. Oh s@$t! My wife must be f*&/#!g her brother!"

Who gets Casterly rock after Genna and her childrens?

As Tygett and his line (Tyrek) would have come before Genna, if I'm not mistaken, the end of Genna's line would mean the end of Tyros' line, in which case we will go to Jason's line.. so Damon, as the eldest. If he's not alive anymore, it would be Damuon, his son, and Damions children after that. Next, we get Stafford and all his kids, and Staffords siblings after that.

As Tygett and his line (Tyrek) would have come before Genna, if I'm not mistaken, the end of Genna's line would mean the end of Tyros' line, in which case we will go to Jason's line.. so Damon, as the eldest. If he's not alive anymore, it would be Damuon, his son, and Damions children after that. Next, we get Stafford and all his kids, and Staffords siblings after that.

Tyrek comes before Genna yes , but he is presumed dead so i dont think he is in line anymore.

But Cleos is dead , does his sons come before Lyonel and Red Walder Frey ?

Archived