Small Questions v. 10098

Rhaenys_Targaryen

Is there any way to read the Feast and Dance sample chapters in the format they were originally released in?

Are you aware of combined reading of AFfC&ADwD by All Leather Must Be Boiled?

eta: I remember there was a discussion on the forum showing old chapter orders on two pages of paper, but All Leather Must Be Boiled was aware of them, I think.

Problem is, at the moment AFfC was published, ADwD was far from finished, so there is no easy historical way to read it.

Are you aware of combined reading of AFfC&ADwD by All Leather Must Be Boiled?

eta: I remember there was a discussion on the forum showing old chapter orders on two pages of paper, but All Leather Must Be Boiled was aware of them, I think.

Problem is, at the moment AFfC was published, ADwD was far from finished, so there is no easy historical way to read it.

Ah, no, That's not what I meant. We get sample chapters from Winds now, but those aren't in their final form. Details can still change and stuff.

I know there were sample chapters released for Dance, and also for Feast, which then also won't have been in a final form... O was wobderig if there was any way to still read those, or have they all been removed from databases?

Ah, no, That's not what I meant. We get sample chapters from Winds now, but those aren't in their final form. Details can still change and stuff.

I know there were sample chapters released for Dance, and also for Feast, which then also won't have been in a final form... O was wobderig if there was any way to still read those, or have they all been removed from databases?

I get it now. I am sorry to have been late to the party, I bought all five books only after ADwD was out for some time. And as we found out earlier, mine is the same edition as your's, @Rhaenys_Targaryen.

You readers out there,

do you still have some of the earlier sample chapters for ADwD and AFfC?

Are they still online somewhere maybe?

I found the archives of GRRM's site, although not all entries work.. Four sample chapters for Feast (Cersei, Arya, Daenerys, the Prophet), does that sound like the correct number? I can vaguely recall having read once that Feast had more sample chapters..

For Dance, all I could find was a Tyrion chapter, though of course, the Daenerys chapter from Feast was eventually placed into Dance, so that could count..

Can anyone else remember any other sample chapters for Feast and/or Dance?

Edit: Ah, I think I found the rest on the Tower of the Hand.. but only for Dance (Daenerys, Tyrion, Jon, Reek)

Obsidian cannot be used for construction, unless it is somehow magically altered anyway.

Rhaenys, I remember that people have looked for the original version of the chapter where Tyrion meets Griff in Dance and that they cannot find it anywhere. I guess in the original version Tyrion notes that Ilyrio gives them a sword.

Question, Can anyone come up with a reason, or know if GRRM ever addressed why the Redwyn twins did not leave Kings Landing with Renly and Loras? It seems like a pretty big mistake on their part to have not brought them.

Obsidian cannot be used for construction, unless it is somehow magically altered anyway.

Rhaenys, I remember that people have looked for the original version of the chapter where Tyrion meets Griff in Dance and that they cannot find it anywhere. I guess in the original version Tyrion notes that Ilyrio gives them a sword.

Question, Can anyone come up with a reason, or know if GRRM ever addressed why the Redwyn twins did not leave Kings Landing with Renly and Loras? It seems like a pretty big mistake on their part to have not brought them.

They became hostages to ensure their father's loyalty... maybe they were arrested by Lannisters and City Watch just after Robert's death ( maybe before? ).

Redwyne fleet was big threat to Lannisters so having those two was extremly important.

That chapter was never released, only read... Which is why it can't be found, I guess..

But do we have a list anywhere of which chapters were given out as sample chapters for Feast and Dance? Were the four I mentioned for Dance the only ones?

My recollection is that Tyrion overhears Illyrio and Haldon speaking in Valyrian but only catches a few words, including sword.

My recollection is that Tyrion overhears Illyrio and Haldon speaking in Valyrian but only catches a few words, including sword.

I don't have that chapter nor do I remember where it has been said, but I distinctly remember about the sword in the luggage having been edited out in order "not to give too much away". The hidden prince needs a magic sword, though. (Makes me think about the entirely non-magical sword in Guards, Guards!)

Alayne's!

A Space Odessy?

That is so 2001.

Flame color depends on several factors, the most important typically being black-body radiation and spectral band emission, with both spectral line emission and spectral line absorption playing smaller roles. In the most common type of flame, hydrocarbon flames, the most important factor determining color is oxygen supply and the extent of fuel-oxygen pre-mixing, which determines the rate of combustion and thus the temperature and reaction paths, thereby producing different color hues.

In a laboratory under normal gravity conditions and with a closed oxygen valve, a Bunsen burner burns with yellow flame (also called a safety flame) at around 1,000 °C (1,800 °F). This is due to incandescence of very fine soot particles that are produced in the flame. With increasing oxygen supply, less black body-radiating soot is produced due to a more complete combustion and the reaction creates enough energy to excite and ionize gas molecules in the flame, leading to a blue appearance. The spectrum of a premixed (complete combustion) butane flame on the right shows that the blue color arises specifically due to emission of excited molecular radicals in the flame, which emit most of their light well below ~565 nanometers in the blue and green regions of the visible spectrum.

The colder part of a diffusion (incomplete combustion) flame will be red, transitioning to orange, yellow, and white as the temperature increases as evidenced by changes in the black-body radiation spectrum. For a given flame's region, the closer to white on this scale, the hotter that section of the flame is. The transitions are often apparent in fires, in which the color emitted closest to the fuel is white, with an orange section above it, and reddish flames the highest of all.[4] A blue-colored flame only emerges when the amount of soot decreases and the blue emissions from excited molecular radicals become dominant, though the blue can often be seen near the base of candles where airborne soot is less concentrated.[5]

Specific colors can be imparted to the flame by introduction of excitable species with bright emission spectrum lines. In analytical chemistry, this effect is used in flame tests to determine presence of some metal ions. In pyrotechnics, the pyrotechnic colorants are used to produce brightly colored fireworks.

It depends on used gas... and substance on dragon's tooth?

http://chemistry.about.com/od/coloredfire/ss/Colored-Fire.htm how to get coloured flame... I'll search what is needed for black... when I type "Black flame" into Google I get:

- ASOIAF wiki House Blackfyre

- some forum theories about Blackflames and Brightfyres

- some villain from comic books...

https://youtu.be/Utu-LpJn3Is science of Game of Thrones

( about direwolfs, seasons, Valyrian steel and how dragons can produce flames )

Archived