Walking Dead Season 5, Vol. 5: The End is Near {No comics spoilers}

MisterOJ

I wonder if the death toll in the finale will be less than everyone predicted (me included). The summary and preview doesn't seem to pointing toward a particularly deadly episode. Both seem rather mundane actually.

:lol:

Seriously I hope Morgan shows eventually because he's just been aimlessly following them for the entire series now.

I think he'll show up in the finale, otherwise there was no point in setting him up for this season.

Minor spoiler that might not mean anything:

The actor that plays Morgan is listed as being present in the finale IMDB, but anyone can edit it, so it's not a very credible source. Still it makes sense that he'd reappear in this one.

If I was guessing i'd say Morgan will appear but only briefly and it'll just be an introduction to lead into next season.

Carol will die, with a slim chance of it being Glenn instead. Maybe another minor character like Tara or Rosita + several faceless alexandria folk + Pete or Nicholas

The W gang will be a threat to Daryl & Aaron not Alexandria (yet)

The alexandria threat will come to a head while Rick is being tried by the kangaroo court

I know you are right, but maybe it's just because the show is so intense that seems like there are a lot of commercials. That being said It also seems like a 15 minute show when all is said and done. Last week we paused it so one of the kids could use the bathroom. My eldest son looked at the paused TV and exclaimed "There is only 10 minutes left?!? How?" :lol

How old are your kids if I may ask?

16,13,12,8, and 3, although the 3 yo doesn't really watch.

Dang, I can't imagine letting a 8 year old watch this show. But then again my mother wouldn't let us watch anything on TV other than carroons the wonder years until I was in my early teens so...

I know you are right, but maybe it's just because the show is so intense that seems like there are a lot of commercials. That being said It also seems like a 15 minute show when all is said and done. Last week we paused it so one of the kids could use the bathroom. My eldest son looked at the paused TV and exclaimed "There is only 10 minutes left?!? How?" :lol

That sounds like my kids. My 2 and 3 yr olds insist they love zombies and want to watch (but of course don't get too) and my 7 and 9 yr olds are constantly making me pause it so they can come and dob on each other for not sleep or talking too much at bed time. No wonder I'm always behind in episodes its next to impossible to watch without interruptions.

I expect Morgan to show up at the end and for at least 2 or 3 deaths of newer members of Rick's group. I wouldn't be suprised if Sasha dies or come close to death while going rouge. Or Rosita dies trying to save/help/find her again. I want some major culling so we can get more of the important characters and less "so why was such and such not in this episode?" I think season 1,2 & 3 probably did this best. I want a smaller group again :(

Dang, I can't imagine letting a 8 year old watch this show. But then again my mother wouldn't let us watch anything on TV other than carroons the wonder years until I was in my early teens so...

My kids are badasses though. :-p

I let them make a lot of choices for themselves, until they prove that they can't be trusted to do so. I know it's not a popular parenting style, but I've already seen that they are much more independent and less susceptible to peer pressure then their peers.

ETA: So far the only problem we really had was when the 8 yo broke down because Noah died. Noah was his favorite character :-( He got over it though.

My kids are badasses though. :-p

I let them make a lot of choices for themselves, until they prove that they can't be trusted to do so. I know it's not a popular parenting style, but I've already seen that they are much more independent and less susceptible to peer pressure then their peers.

ETA: So far the only problem we really had was when the 8 yo broke down because Noah died. Noah was his favorite character :-( He got over it though.

Well, far be it from me to tell anyone how to raise a kid. Personally i would worry about desensitization to violence, and nightmares, but what the hell do i know. (im trying not to be judgmental Ken, do i get brownie points? =P )

Can anyone explain how Morgan can possibly know where they are? The last we saw of Morgan he was at the church and saw the map to DC with Ricks name on it. They were long gone and DRIVING (so no, they were not writing hobo marks on trees for him to follow), hundreds of miles before walking again. And they were heading to Noahs home, then re routed to DC area. DC area, not DC, but Alexandria. There is no possible way he should find them and it will drive me insane (or more insane!) if he magically shows up.

The only way I would accept him being there is if Darryl finds him while out recruiting and takes him there.

I like Morgan's character and wish he was on screen more but do it in a way that makes sense.

Everyone has there pet peeves about shows and for some reason this one is mine so don't be too judgemental!

If I recall correctly, the Termites said they were the ones marking the trees in Georgia. But nothing stops Morgan from also picking up a car and driving towards DC now that he knows to look for Rick in that area since the cars all have magical gas that continues to function well after several years. So he drives up to the DC area. We don't have any idea what the bridges are like across the Potomac, but there have been some comments that make me think the bridges are blocked or destroyed in some way. Either way, the Alexandrians likely haven't crossed the Potomac since the apocalypse started. Morgan may not be able to get into DC either.

From there, it's sort of basic tracking. Finding signs of human occupation and following those, seeing which way the zombies are moving and following those. The Alexandria community(ACom) is apparently the only community in a 50ish mile semi-circle radius so decent tracking should take him there. It would be less contrived for him to stumble across the ACom than for him to stumble across the wolves or Daryl and Aaron, since they are both moving groups and Morgan also lacks specialized equipment that Aaron and Eric had.

That being said, I do kinda think that Morgan will meet up with Daryl before the others. I actually haven't been really happy about that idea since it's too coincidental.

^^^ Dr. Pepper, glad I'm not the only one who feels it is cheap. I mean, they went out of their way to Noahs place, then got on toward DC from that area, it's not like they hopped on the only road there.

As to your other point about the equipment this group has. Isn't it strange that Aaron and Darryl didn't have the listening equipment they needed when they saw the fire in the dark in the woods?

^^^ Dr. Pepper, glad I'm not the only one who feels it is cheap. I mean, they went out of their way to Noahs place, then got on toward DC from that area, it's not like they hopped on the only road there.

As to your other point about the equipment this group has. Isn't it strange that Aaron and Darryl didn't have the listening equipment they needed when they saw the fire in the dark in the woods?

I think once Morgan gets to the DC area, he would have an easy time finding ACom. It seems to be the only place of sedentary habitation in the area. It's simple tracking, and I'd imagine ACom people have left plenty of clues around the area. Just following the trail from the scavenge sights might lead a person to ACom.

The listening equipment was probably lost when the car they were in was lost during that zombie herd attack.

I'll be watching Wrestlemania, have to watch it later in the night.

I think Morgan will show up, 2 of Ricks Core Group will die and a lot of Alexandrians. I mean it's 90 minute finale, something has to go down, especially with Rick seemingly temporarily cast out. Something has to bring a lot of the viewers back to Ricks side, since a lot of people turned against him after he fought Pete.

Old thread is way over the limit (in more ways than one) so continue bitching about race and TWD here.

Or... you know, talk about what you think might happen in the season finale. Totally up to you. Just don't post comic book spoilers.

Let's not forget how they killed off the 1 black horse, too

On the gas thing- can you just dump some dry gas into a fuel tank? I know gas.goes bad, I always was under the impression it was because it absorbs atmospheric moisture, but they make stabil and drygas and shit that bonds to the water and makes a compound that is combustible. Is this right? Or can gas truly break bad?

Noah's community was outside of Richmond, Va, which is along the straitest route between Atlanta and DC. There's no reason they couldn't have made a slight detour in Richmond and still wound up on the same route to DC that is laid out on the map that Morgan is following.

Assuming Alexandria is anywhere near that route it doesn't have to be cheap for Morgan to be in the area. And all he has to be is close enough to hear the gun fire and commotion of an attack on the compound. Or he may have heard any of the recent walker encounters that we've seen and is lurking in the area already.

Noah's community was outside of Richmond, Va, which is along the straitest route between Atlanta and DC. There's no reason they couldn't have made a slight detour in Richmond and still wound up on the same route to DC that is laid out on the map that Morgan is following.

Assuming Alexandria is anywhere near that route it doesn't have to be cheap for Morgan to be in the area. And all he has to be is close enough to hear the gun fire and commotion of an attack on the compound. Or he may have heard any of the recent walker encounters that we've seen and is lurking in the area already.

I figured it would be faster on the 81, but looks like you go through mountains on both routes. Alexandria is an exit off the beltway a few miles from the Pentagon, then DC. So logistically, it makes sense.

Or, you know, the carver is doing it from the top of someone's head because that person is being hung upside down from a tree or that person is tied to a table and the carver is standing at the head or any number of things that actually make sense in a way that the carver standing on his own head and somehow reaching up to the head of the person being carved.

Or it's just a bunch of W's.

You know he was kidding right? The sarcasm was not subtle.

Archived