Vikings VI: On to Frankia

Buckwheat

I actually like Aslung. She was born a Princess and she seems to feel that her elevated position is due to the Gods and that she answers to them and not the people she rules over. While it doesn't make her terribly sympathetic but it does seem possibe that someone in her situation could fall into that kind of thinking. A lot of people weren't impressed by her in season 2 when she had to rough it after Jarl Borg ran her and the kids out of Kattegat but her reaction seemed pretty normal at least to me.

Oh i dont dislike Aslaug either. I defend her a lot from people who make hideously misogynistic insults about the character. But she isnt a very nice person. She tries to be, but she just aint a sweet lady. My heart beats for Helga when it comes to the more passive female characters. (now that Siggy is gone rip)

Aslaug...what can be said? Terrible casting + terrible writing = Horrible character

The actress who plays her is more of a model with limited expeience and she was choosen for her looks. Thats sort of the point, she was young and bueatiful and she sort of woke something up in Ragnar that he couldn't control. Mostly he wanted more kids and Lagertha didn't seem like she could have anymore. I don't know if horrible is the right word to describe her maybe distant and cold would suit her better but thats not unintentional, she supposed to be unlikable and misunderstood. In that sense the actress is doing a good job.

The actress who plays her is more of a model with limited expeience and she was choosen for her looks. Thats sort of the point, she was young and bueatiful and she sort of woke something up in Ragnar that he couldn't control. Mostly he wanted more kids and Lagertha didn't seem like she could have anymore. I don't know if horrible is the right word to describe her maybe distant and cold would suit her better but thats not unintentional, she supposed to be unlikable and misunderstood. In that sense the actress is doing a good job.

I agree. I think Alyssa Sutherland is doing a fine job. Aslaug is believable enough. Aslaug is used to getting everything she wants, and for a while, it seemed like that was the case. So when things get less than rosy, shes the type to have temper tantrums and be standoffish because shes not getting what she wants. I think the actress has a lot of potential to be really good. I want to see where she goes from here if she continues acting. I also think shes gorgeous.

I'm sure it's already been said, but I loved the scene of Rollo in the water almost like a baptism. And not just cause he was shirtless. Although that is quite wonderful.

Has Porrun (spelling?) left her child behind? I thought she was going to plunge herself off the cliff. Then I thought OMG Bjorn is dead - and of course there was the shot of the baby crying and Aslaug having an all knowing look on her face - and for a second I thought the baby was orphaned :( I will be highly upset if she does leave that baby behind.

I find her far less likeable than Aslaug. I don't get the hate on her for having a fling with the wandering God. She got with Ragnar when he was married. He didn't seem to mind it then. And I think her role as caretaker and homemaker are extremely important.

Floki is a torn man and the acting is excellent but he's a coward. We all knew his plan would fail but I didn't expect him to hide.

There was a shot of Ragnar on the top of the ladder and he's looking at Paris and I think the cathedral at the top of the hill. Was he taking in the beauty of the city as he discussed with Athelstan? Or remembering Athelstan? It was a beautiful scene, it seemed like something awoke in Ragnar.

And then of course his red urine :( He's got some serious internal damage.

I'm sure it's already been said, but I loved the scene of Rollo in the water almost like a baptism. And not just cause he was shirtless. Although that is quite wonderful.

Has Porrun (spelling?) left her child behind? I thought she was going to plunge herself off the cliff. Then I thought OMG Bjorn is dead - and of course there was the shot of the baby crying and Aslaug having an all knowing look on her face - and for a second I thought the baby was orphaned :( I will be highly upset if she does leave that baby behind.

I find her far less likeable than Aslaug. I don't get the hate on her for having a fling with the wandering God. She got with Ragnar when he was married. He didn't seem to mind it then. And I think her role as caretaker and homemaker are extremely important.

Floki is a torn man and the acting is excellent but he's a coward. We all knew his plan would fail but I didn't expect him to hide.

There was a shot of Ragnar on the top of the ladder and he's looking at Paris and I think the cathedral at the top of the hill. Was he taking in the beauty of the city as he discussed with Athelstan? Or remembering Athelstan? It was a beautiful scene, it seemed like something awoke in Ragnar.

And then of course his red urine :( He's got some serious internal damage.

Very good points about Aslaug.

I loved this episode, but I totally fell for the "oh my god, Bjorn is dead" ruse.

Well someone had to say it. :cheers:

This episode was really, really good.

First of all the acting was good all-round (except when princess from france talked), i love the look of total despair on Floki's face when everything turned to sh**. Lagertha and Kalf was so wrong....why can't she and rollo be together? I love how both Rollo and Lagertha cared about Bjorn but Ragnar was kinda like 'hes a man herberherhber". Oh god i hate the french princesses' accent. its actually so annoying. But she did look fierce on the battle field and when her and rollo locked eyes... :smoking:

But i can't help but feel a little angry at Ragnar. He knew this was going to happen and let it happen anyway, just because he wanted to get back at one person ONE person! thousands of people died which could have been prevented. His son and brother and ex-wife nearly died for his own selfish reasons. It continues to puzzle me about his fascination of athelstan.

It was strange but at one point i was like "i hope bjorn dies because of ragnars pride" and then when it nearly happened i was like "nooooo i take it back!". Yeh Bjorn dying would've sucked. but i felt like it should have happened so ragnar would regret his actions a little bit. he seems to be getting a little too cocky for his own good.

very excited for next week's episode :drool:

looked like rollo's head was on the chopping block :uhoh: . But the princess totally likes him so it wont happen :lol:

First of all, how do you know "thousands" died. In this time period, battles and armies were much smaller than we are sometimes accustomed to thinking. We saw a couple piles of bodies where the fiercest fighting took place.

Secondly, how do you know Ragnar didn't completely agree with how the battle plan was laid out? Maybe his first attempt would have been in exactly the same fashion. The pressure for victory/defeat was just shifted to Floki. From the battle planning session it hardly appeared to be Floki's plan anyway. I think it is a quite a bit of a stretch to say that he knew this would happen. You really think he wanted to nearly kill himself, his son, and his brother?

Season 2 > Season 1 > Season 3.

Majority on the Vikings forum agree.

I don't care what the Majority of the Vikings forum agree on. I said that I see the show getting better every season. You can disagree, but you won't turn my opinion about that.

I don't think the plot has got better this season compared to season 2. But I do think think the plot has been the strength of this show anyway. To me the writing for most of the cast has improved and the actors feels more comfortable in their roles and that makes season 3 better for me.

Didn't like Magnus being called a Nordic name when it is a obvious Latin name.

I love Kalf's decision to grind uglies with Lagertha even though she made him accept as a prerequisite that she will kill him for his betrayal. Now that's thinking with the "little head" for you! I mean, Lagertha's pretty easy on the eyes, but if I were to balance some quality time with her with my life, well, I would hope the big head would prevail

Or maybe he's thinking he'll do her so well she'll change her mind, or ithat she's just kidding?

I love Kalf's decision to grind uglies with Lagertha even though she made him accept as a prerequisite that she will kill him for his betrayal. Now that's thinking with the "little head" for you! I mean, Lagertha's pretty easy on the eyes, but if I were to balance some quality time with her with my life, well, I would hope the big head would prevail

Or maybe he's thinking he'll do her so well she'll change her mind, or ithat she's just kidding?

Or he's sampling the wares before killing her.

Archived