The Walking Dead Season 6 [Comic Spoilers]

kairparavel

3 hours ago, Isis said:

People immediately seized on Lauren Cohen getting a haircut and being in some films as meaning she's getting killed off. The haircut is meaningless as Maggie could cut her hair off for any number of reasons... Maybe mourning her husband even. :( As to whether she can appear in films as well as the show, I guess that's possible. She is just keeping her options open. 

I've been suggesting it'll be her for a while, for a few reasons:

• They probably don't want to add another baby to the cast
  • Steven Yeun supposedly renewed his contract for more seasons
  • Kirkman has said he regrets killing Glenn.
  • Cohan gave an interview about how the finale was emotionally devastating for her and she didn't want to go in on the last day
  • All that stuff in the last episode painting her as representing the group's hope for the future (as a leader and with the ultrasound.) 
  • Lincoln's comments about the finale being the worst thing they've ever done. Killing Glenn might be the most graphically violent thing they've ever done, but I don't see how it could be worse than the various children's deaths. A pregnant woman being beaten to death in front of her husband could qualify. 

Even if it's not her I don't think it'll be Glenn. They want this moment to be shocking for everybody, even those who have read the comics or had Glenn's death spoiled years ago. 

Natalie Dormer has had no problem appearing in movies (with a partially shaved head even) while also remaining on Game of Thrones. All to say Lauren Conrad's hair shouldn't mean anything and I believe Maggie isn't getting killed. 

10 minutes ago, kairparavel said:

Natalie Dormer has had no problem appearing in movies (with a partially shaved head even) while also remaining on Game of Thrones. All to say Lauren Conrad's hair shouldn't mean anything and I believe Maggie isn't getting killed. 

Agreed. No way it's Maggie. She's being set up for leadership  (hanging out with Deanna, meeting with Gregory) just like in the comics. She will take over Hilltop, I'm almost certain of it.

21 minutes ago, kairparavel said:

Yes but natalie dormer wears a wig.

10 minutes ago, Nictarion said:

Agreed. No way it's Maggie. She's being set up for leadership  (hanging out with Deanna, meeting with Gregory) just like in the comics. She will take over Hilltop, I'm almost certain of it.

It would also be strange for the show to kill off one of the few strong female characters it has, and given Maggie's continued role in the comics it would be even stranger.  And if they did kill her off, they'd have to push someone else into a role that's already written for her, kind of like what they're doing with Michonne taking on Andrea's role as Rick's love interest.

2 minutes ago, Knute said:

Yes but natalie dormer wears a wig.

I honestly don't think you can really read anything into haircuts on a show where hair is pretty unimportant.  They could have Maggie appear at the start of next season with a new haircut and no one would think anything of it.  

1 minute ago, Dr. Pepper said:

Multiple actors on this show wear wigs and/or extensions.  Why would you think Lauren Cohen couldn't?  

I'm not saying she can't; I was saying to the above poster that Natalie Dormer wears a wig all throughout the series and therefore it doesn't matter if she has a different haircut. 

3 minutes ago, Knute said:

I'm not saying she can't; I was saying to the above poster that Natalie Dormer wears a wig all throughout the series and therefore it doesn't matter if she has a different haircut. 

But you're suggesting that something as ridiculously simple as adding extensions somehow can't be done.  I mean, do you understand how simple it is?  It's not even an expensive fix.  I can sit here on my couch and add three inches to my hair in two minutes.  

That's assuming that they can't just give the character a damn haircut, which would be an even easier fix.  It's not like haircuts cease to exist in the apocalypse.  

13 minutes ago, Dr. Pepper said:

But you're suggesting that something as ridiculously simple as adding extensions somehow can't be done.  I mean, do you understand how simple it is?  It's not even an expensive fix.  I can sit here on my couch and add three inches to my hair in two minutes.  

That's assuming that they can't just give the character a damn haircut, which would be an even easier fix.  It's not like haircuts cease to exist in the apocalypse.  

I really don't know how you can't understand that I never said she couldn't wear a damn wig. I was saying to the above poster that natalie dormer wears a wig and so her frequent haircuts wouldn't even matter to her role. 

1 minute ago, Knute said:

I really don't know how you can't understand that I never said she couldn't wear a damn wig. I was saying to the above poster that natalie dormer wears a wig and so her frequent haircuts wouldn't even matter to her role. 

The person you replied to said that Lauren's hair shouldn't matter and included an example of another actor whose haircuts don't matter.  You replied implying that you disagreed.  If you're changing your tune, then fine.  But surely you get why at least two of us read your response about wigs to mean that you thought Cohan's hair was somehow unable to be addressed via wig, extensions or even a haircut and thus automatically implied character death.  

4 minutes ago, Dr. Pepper said:

The person you replied to said that Lauren's hair shouldn't matter and included an example of another actor whose haircuts don't matter.  You replied implying that you disagreed.  If you're changing your tune, then fine.  But surely you get why at least two of us read your response about wigs to mean that you thought Cohan's hair was somehow unable to be addressed via wig, extensions or even a haircut and thus automatically implied character death.  

What? I wasn't implying anything. I said Natalie Dormer's hair doesn't matter because she wears a wig. The above poster never mentioned anything about wigs. Also you're reading way too much in to my post... I never said anything about her dying because of her hair what the fuck? 

7 minutes ago, Knute said:

What? I wasn't implying anything. I said Natalie Dormer's hair doesn't matter because she wears a wig. The above poster never mentioned anything about wigs. Also you're reading way too much in to my post... I never said anything about her dying because of her hair what the fuck? 

Wow.  Seems like this is creating some serious issues for you.

I guess you were totally not engaging in any part of the conversation about Lauren Cohan's hair.  My apologies.  

2 hours ago, Nictarion said:

That's what makes it so perfect and unexpected though. They'll continue to build her up as the new leader until then, because it makes her death that much more impactful. They want you to think they're following the comics (I expect Abraham to die tonight or next week just as he did in the comics), but I really can't see them doing that. Too many people have either read the comics or had Glenn's death spoiled by now.

Another reason I think it can't be Glenn is that I tend to think most of the main cast knew about Glenn's comic book death by now, yet a few of them have given interviews about how shocked they were when they got the finale script. But I suppose it's possible they never read the comics or heard about Lucille before then. 

Also I wonder if they might have Negan take Rick's hand at some point. 

1 hour ago, RumHam said:

Another reason I think it can't be Glenn is that I tend to think most of the main cast knew about Glenn's comic book death by now, yet a few of them have given interviews about how shocked they were when they got the finale script. But I suppose it's possible they never read the comics or heard about Lucille before then. 

Also I wonder if they might have Negan take Rick's hand at some point. 

Yeah but the actors are sort of required to say those types of things as it's their job to hype the show when speaking with the press.  Every season is the craziest yet, every script is the most shocking, every plot twist is the most heartbreaking, and so forth.  If there is to be validity in those statements this time, it would need to be something that really hasn't happened before.  It's pretty much a given that a main character is going to die each season, so the audience should be more shocked if one doesn't.

I'm not making any guesses about who will or won't die, just saying that this along with an actor's hair length aren't really the greatest tools to use to theorize.  If the actors were saying things like "comic readers are going to be surprised", then sure. 

If this were a different show, I'd look at some things and consider them a sort of foreshadowing and say that it's the fetus that will die, but I don't think the writers realize how much they've written that points to that.

Archived