The Walking Dead Season 6 [Comic Spoilers]

kairparavel

"Prologue" shittly embedded in the first commercial break for Into the Badlands has the first mention of Negan. Sasha, Abraham, and Daryl are stopped on the road by a gang of guys on motorcycles, the one who speaks tells them to lay down their weapons because everything they own is now property of Negan.

Last one before the break I believe. Why are these people still using revolvers?!

Nothing wrong with revolvers. Sure, you sacrifice capacity, but they're also easier to use for inexperienced shooters  (Deanna). More reliable too.

Just finished the episode, and I'm wondering why I bother anymore. Just a terrible hour of television. 

The thing about the plan with covering yourself in guts, is that once the walkers are ignoring you, you are perfectly fine (for a while) or staying right where you are.  So Rick, Michonne and others could have gone out and lured the walkers away, leaving Jessie, Ron, Sam, the priest, Carl and Judith safe in the house.

The thing about the plan with covering yourself in guts, is that once the walkers are ignoring you, you are perfectly fine (for a while) or staying right where you are.  So Rick, Michonne and others could have gone out and lured the walkers away, leaving Jessie, Ron, Sam, the priest, Carl and Judith safe in the house.

Good point.

Good point.

Haven't seen the last 2 episodes yet and can't really be bothered. Starting to think the show might fare better for me as a binge, that way it only takes a few days for the plot to progress instead of 6 weeks.

I'm certainly not missing it, anyhow. Well done to the creators for making me curious as to Glen's fate to being bored about Geln's fate.

• 2 weeks later...

So in the process of writing a way too long post in the non-spoiler thread, I had a spoiler thought.  I think we can all agree that the Negan bat scene is going to be in the finale. And everyone is speculating about who is going to take Glenn's place. But what if all this Glenn bullshit from the first half is just a smokescreen to cover up the fact that...it's still going to be Glenn.  As in, the writers are purposely trying to make the viewers go "Oh man, they don't have the balls to kill off any major characters anymore. Of course Glenn can survive anything. Of course he won't die if Maggie's pregnant." Only to then kill him off brutally in the finale, when even comic book fans are thinking he's safe. I think this would be a terrible decision, don't get me wrong -- purposely making the first half of the season shitty in order to generate a bigger shock with the second half doesn't change the fact that half the season is shitty. But after how badly Gimple and Co. misjudged the Glenn fiasco in the first place, I wouldn't put it past them to do something this stupid later.

Before, I had narrowed Lucille's target down to Morgan (I'm 100% sure he's dead this season, as I doubt Lennie James will or even can commit to more than one season, but I wasn't sure if he was going to die this way), Daryl (in order for the scene to have the same devastating effect it did in the comics, it has to be Daryl), or Carol (her story is basically at its end, and the longer she sticks around now the more of a ridiculous caricature she becomes), but I'm unfortunately forcing myself to add Glenn back to that list, albeit in a fourth place, Donald-Trump-esque "God I hope this doesn't happen" fashion.

But it has to be one of those four, right?  There's no way they'd think anyone else could have close to the same effect? They can't be that stupid? Dear God if fucking TARA is the big death I'm quitting this show...

• 2 weeks later...

I'm gonna go ahead and place my bet that it's pregnant Maggie who meet's Lucile. Going on the assumptions that they want to be as shocking as possible, and probably don't want to have to deal with another baby cast member. It also has the benefit of sparing glen while subjecting him to a fate that's actually probably worse than death. 

I think I'm with you on this. Having to film Cohen with a faux belly and then cast yet another infant seems really unlikely. I was previously thinking that they wouldn't do it because Maggie's arc is central to the development of The Hill (is that the name? Can't remember). But with Maggie gone, Carol, Michonne or Sasha could easily take that role.

I can also see the impact that the death will have on viewers. What more horrendous act could Negan do than club a pregnant woman's head right in front of her husband? I find that scenario more believable and less hokey than killing off any of the rest of the cast. They have gone out of their way to set it up to be Morgan that gets the axe so I wonder if Maggie dying will get that complete shock from the audience. 

If it does play out that way Yeun will have to really pull off a very emotional scene. 

Maggie's had almost no screen time so far this season though.  Unless that changes radically over the next eight episodes, I don't think it'll have the effect the producers are hoping it'll have.  It'll be sad and all, but since Maggie at this point is about as important to the ongoing story as Rosita or Tara it'll be pretty easy to get over.  All the Glenn bullshit from earlier has honestly soured me on both of them, though, so I might just be biased and it might be devastating for everyone else watching, idk.

As for the faux-belly point, though, I suspected they'd use the time jump to get rid of that problem.  I'm assuming their plan is to do the all-out war arc over the course of the entirety of season 7, and then flash forward a couple years to start season 8.  And since this entire half-season took place over the course of two days, I can see them doing everything over a relatively short period in-universe time, and just having us assume that Maggie isn't showing yet.  Then when they come back she's already given birth, hence no bump, and the child is already going on two years old, with Judith already three or four.  Also avoiding the multiple infants problem.

Archived