The Walking Dead Season 6 [Comic Spoilers]

kairparavel

I think I'd like to see a series without Rick. I like Rick but pretty much every altercation he's ever been in you know he's never going to die. If more and more main characters get killed then I think the show would be even better.

9 minutes ago, Knute said:

I think I'd like to see a series without Rick. I like Rick but pretty much every altercation he's ever been in you know he's never going to die. If more and more main characters get killed then I think the show would be even better.

You're in luck, AMC has one, it's called Fear the Walking Dead. :P

Honestly I would want nothing to do with TWD without Rick. I remember a string of episodes a while back where he wasn't in one for like 3 or 4 episodes, and I thought they were terrible. Like him or not TWD is Rick's story. I wouldn't have wanted to see The Sopranos without Tony or Breaking Bad without Walt. 

3 minutes ago, Nictarion said:

Honestly I would want nothing to do with TWD without Rick. I remember a string of episodes a while back where he wasn't in one for like 3 or 4 episodes, and I thought they were terrible. Like him or not TWD is Rick's story. I wouldn't have wanted to see The Sopranos without Tony or Breaking Bad without Walt. 

I meant the same series but a season without Rick to see how the normal group would survive. The story of Daryl, Michonne and Abraham would be much more appealing to me nowadays; I was hooked to Rick at the start as well but I've slowly gotten fed up with his plotshield.

47 minutes ago, Knute said:

I meant the same series but a season without Rick to see how the normal group would survive. The story of Daryl, Michonne and Abraham would be much more appealing to me nowadays; I was hooked to Rick at the start as well but I've slowly gotten fed up with his plotshield.

Come now, surely Glen has far more of a plotshield around him at this point given the number of times he should have died. Rick doesn't get into as many near death scenarios - although you could argue that's subtle plot shield.

They wouldn't need to shelve him for a season for your intention. Just have a separate storyline. Jon Snow never hangs out with Dany but we can still have them both in the show, every episode.

58 minutes ago, Nictarion said:

Yeah the show is inconsistent no matter who is on screen but Whenever Rick is sidelined the show dips in quality big time imo.

15 minutes ago, red snow said:

Come now, surely Glen has far more of a plotshield around him at this point given the number of times he should have died. Rick doesn't get into as many near death scenarios - although you could argue that's subtle plot shield.

They wouldn't need to shelve him for a season for your intention. Just have a separate storyline. Jon Snow never hangs out with Dany but we can still have them both in the show, every episode.

Good idea. I'd definitely like a few episodes maybe focusing on the pasts of more Alexandria members or Jesus 

After all the fake outs, I really want Glenn to Be killed, no offense to Yeun, but the plot contrivances lately would make the moment extremely satisfying to me at this point. I think Maggie's story post Glenn can be interesting, shame to lose it for the shock of killing her just because she is pregnant.

I am 100% fine with Daryl leaving too, his story seems tapped out since he embraced Alexandria after being the most feral member of the group. I still think the fan love will keep him safe for a long time.

I fully expect Abraham to die in addition to ever gets batted, this past episode looked like it was setting up bad things for him. But, they have played it safe all season, only killing off Alexandria cattle, I think they need a major death at Negan's hand and I think of Abraham as second tier at best.

1 hour ago, Morpheus said:

After all the fake outs, I really want Glenn to Be killed, no offense to Yeun, but the plot contrivances lately would make the moment extremely satisfying to me at this point. I think Maggie's story post Glenn can be interesting, shame to lose it for the shock of killing her just because she is pregnant.

I am 100% fine with Daryl leaving too, his story seems tapped out since he embraced Woodbury after being the most feral member of the group. I still think the fan love will keep him safe for a long time.

I fully expect Abraham to die in addition to ever gets batted, this past episode looked like it was setting up bad things for him. But, they have played it safe all season, only killing off Alexandria cattle, I think they need a major death at Negan's hand and I think of Abraham as second tier at best.

Well as this is the comic spoiler thread:

Abraham is going to die soon, but not by Negan.  

1 hour ago, Morpheus said:

I am 100% fine with Daryl leaving too, his story seems tapped out since he embraced Woodbury after being the most feral member of the group. I still think the fan love will keep him safe for a long time.

Are you saying Negan should kill Abraham? I think that Abraham dying isn't really as much as a shock as one of the S1 characters like Daryl, Maggie or Glenn. Abraham just seems to be content with looking badass as he stares in to the sunset. I do agree though that Negan does need to kill someone important just to generate that bit more hype and excitement back to the series.

I'm also not entirely sure about the guy who was in the van with Rick at the end of the most recent episode; he seems a bit shady to me.

I was saying Abraham is NOT a big enough target for Negan, they need to go after someone who has been around longer.

50 minutes ago, The BlackBear said:

You mean Alexandria.

Yeah, my bad. Daryl has been a bore this season.

36 minutes ago, Morpheus said:

I was saying Abraham is NOT a big enough target for Negan, they need to go after someone who has been around longer.

Yeh I agree with you then.

5 hours ago, Morpheus said:

I am 100% fine with Daryl leaving too, his story seems tapped out since he embraced Alexandria after being the most feral member of the group. I still think the fan love will keep him safe for a long time.

I'm ready for Daryl to go, and take Carol and Morgan with him. It's time to infuse new characters in the story, like Jesus, and follow the comic faithfully or semi-faithfully, as it has been. That would leave Rick and Carl  (and possibly Glenn) as the only remaining members of season 1.

8 hours ago, Morpheus said:

That's a good way of getting me on board for not killing Abraham via Lucille. He really isn't a big enough character.

5 hours ago, kairparavel said:

I'm ready for Daryl to go, and take Carol and Morgan with him. It's time to infuse new characters in the story, like Jesus, and follow the comic faithfully or semi-faithfully, as it has been. That would leave Rick and Carl  (and possibly Glenn) as the only remaining members of season 1.

Poor Morgan, we wanted him on board for 5 seasons and when he turns up with his zen s(ch)tick we realise we may want him dead.

Kirkman said Carol is the only character from the show that he feels is off the cards for dying on the show. I don't think he has the final say but he's one of the big players in the show. If the actress decides to leave I guess Carol will die though. No-one walks off into the post apoclyptic sunset.

1 minute ago, red snow said:

That's a good way of getting me on board for not killing Abraham via Lucille. He really isn't a big enough character.

Poor Morgan, we wanted him on board for 5 seasons and when he turns up with his zen s(ch)tick we realise we may want him dead.

Kirkman said Carol is the only character from the show that he feels is off the cards for dying on the show. I don't think he has the final say but he's one of the big players in the show. If the actress decides to leave I guess Carol will die though. No-one walks off into the post apoclyptic sunset.

As in characters that aren't in the comics anymore? Because Rick and Carl are obviously safe as well. Probably Michonne too.

2 hours ago, Nictarion said:

As in characters that aren't in the comics anymore? Because Rick and Carl are obviously safe as well. Probably Michonne too.

I'd agree - certainly Carl, as I think when the series gets near a wrap up we'll get a 20+ years later deal with Carl as a caretaker of a new society where people don't fully realise what their elders went through to get to where they are now.

TV wise, I'd also say they are safe but you can never tell when an actor may jump ship. You could probably get away with a Carl recast but Rick or Michonne would be really difficult.

There are also plenty of cases where characters have died out of sequence from the comics so I wouldn't think a character is safe just because they are in the comics.

10 hours ago, red snow said:

I imagine Abraham will go the same way as in the comics. They already set up that he was gonna be patrolling with Eugene, and that Dwight has Darryl's crossbow. 

2 hours ago, RumHam said:

I imagine Abraham will go the same way as in the comics. They already set up that he was gonna be patrolling with Eugene, and that Dwight has Darryl's crossbow. 

Good spot.

I'm ready to say goodbye to flaky Abraham at this point. He's just... kind of floating around. Doesn't seem like you could rely on him. 

People immediately seized on Lauren Cohen getting a haircut and being in some films as meaning she's getting killed off. The haircut is meaningless as Maggie could cut her hair off for any number of reasons... Maybe mourning her husband even. :( As to whether she can appear in films as well as the show, I guess that's possible. She is just keeping her options open. 

But I guess Daryl or Glen are going. I don't think there's any escaping the death of a core character.

Is Rick going to chill out any time soon and stop being so reckless? Or is he just on a road to nowhere/out of control type pathway now? 

21 minutes ago, Isis said:

But I guess Daryl or Glen are going. I don't think there's any escaping the death of a core character.

I agree... Daryl or Glenn.... most probably Glenn.... My guess is that they have given him a few recent miraculous escapes as a means to set up Lucille... Abraham just wouldn't have the emotional impact.... although Rosita might *also* be a goner...

Archived