The Walking Dead Season 6 [Comic Spoilers]

kairparavel

1 hour ago, A True Kaniggit said:

Was pregnant at filming. At think she gave birth back in November. 

Well, Chris Hardwick was congratulating on "The Talking Dead" for having a baby...

I have to say, I was totally expecting them to open the door to one room and find it full of sleeping kids.  This was a pretty boneheaded plan, all in all....

36 minutes ago, HokieStone said:

Well, Chris Hardwick was congratulating on "The Talking Dead" for having a baby...

I have to say, I was totally expecting them to open the door to one room and find it full of sleeping kids.  This was a pretty boneheaded plan, all in all....

Not just the kids, but what happened to all the women in this universe outside the main group? Every single person we saw them kill was male.

3 hours ago, Alia of the knife said:

Worrying about Carol.....

You and me both :(

I think she is going to meet Lucille. And I'm very sad about that. She is my favorite character :bawl: 

I think Lauren Cohan saying that the last day was devastating is probably because they had to say goodbye to mcbride. Carol struggling with her number count, finding some romance and baking beet and acorn cookies... :worried: 

So bummed. 

6 hours ago, kairparavel said:

Is the actress playing Tara pregnant?

Someone finally addresses the elephant in the womb. It made the scene with her girlfriend weird because it's so painfully obvious she is pregnant. If it had been a sci-fi show I guess she'd be the surrogate for Maggie. At the end of the day they just have to go through with it - I don't think any of us would want her losing out on work because she is pregnant.

Overall a pretty chilling episode. I don't think anyone has ever done something as coldhearted to them as to what they have just done. Even with the photo montage these people were killed in cold blood with no way to defend themselves. Granted, we'll see them as evil in an episode or two but Rick and Co started this war. The initial meeting was a skirmish not exactly grounds for extermination. It actually makes the upcoming payback less painful. Let's not kid ourselves, Rick's group are bad.

I don't think Carol's going to die but she is going to het a harsh reminder of what happens when she goes "soft". I imagine she retreats back into her Rambo persona once Glen/Maggie dies.

I still think all of the actresses comments about the filming being hard could merely reflect that Glen dies. I'm sure any actor would find it hard to watch their partner die - moreso than themselves dying. I still have my doubts with Glen which someone else summarised - they need a surprise and that's not a surprise to anyone including the non comic viewers as I'm sure his comic death was spread all over the internet as defence against his non-death a few months back.

I agree, it was a weird choice to make them the aggressors. In the comic, they kill a few Saviors who demand Alexandria pay for protection, but now they have basically done to them what The Wolves did to Alexandria. Yes, they have established that The Saviors killed a kid, and they had pictures of Lucille's handy work hanging on the wall, but now any Alexandrian deaths will be retaliation for a wholesale slaughter and not the result of being preyed on by a group of thugs.

1 hour ago, Morpheus said:

I agree, it was a weird choice to make them the aggressors. In the comic, they kill a few Saviors who demand Alexandria pay for protection, but now they have basically done to them what The Wolves did to Alexandria. Yes, they have established that The Saviors killed a kid, and they had pictures of Lucille's handy work hanging on the wall, but now any Alexandrian deaths will be retaliation for a wholesale slaughter and not the result of being preyed on by a group of thugs.

I hadn't thought of the Wolves attack but you're right. The wolves attack on Alexandria could be considered payback for Morgan (or the encounter Darryl and the Alexandrian had in the truck). It's the same as this episode's attack except for the convenience of everyone being male in the attack.

I'm sure the photos were because the guy was a sadist but let's say those photos were reminders of what will happen to his wife/child if he doesn't do what Negan says?

It seemed slightly odd that the voice on the walkie talkie was female (it sounded like that to me) given everyone else we saw die was male.

I was surprised the guy with a broken hand wasn't a plant.

28 minutes ago, red snow said:

It seemed slightly odd that the voice on the walkie talkie was female (it sounded like that to me) given everyone else we saw die was male.

There was at least one woman in the shootout, that became part of the pile of bodies outside their armory. 

10 minutes ago, kairparavel said:

There was at least one woman in the shootout, that became part of the pile of bodies outside their armory. 

Good to know they are equal opportunities at massacring.

44 minutes ago, Mark Antony said:

I liked the episode but the massacre kinda lessens the impact of whoever gets killed by Negan.

It definitely feels like they "have it coming". Given actor's comments on the last episode being hard I'm surprised they weren't talkign about this as it was certainly the darkest the group has ever been. Individuals have shown signs of it but this was something their society took part in. No wonder Morgan was sobbing.

The armory scene was the worst part. They chase the already armed intruders into the room and then.....what? They just line up outside the wooden door to get shot? The part of the plan that worked seemed to work more because of the stupidity of The Saviors than the brilliance of the plan. Rick done got outdumbed fer once.

8 hours ago, A True Kaniggit said:

Not just the kids, but what happened to all the women in this universe outside the main group? Every single person we saw them kill was male.

Well, I'm guessing that the building we saw last night wasn't the Saviors' main base of operations.  It was the armory, and as such the only people living there were guards.

Based on the comics, most of the women in the Saviors will be concubines of Negan, or at least housed in the same place as him.

2 hours ago, red snow said:

Yeah that sounded like Alicia Witt (Wendy Crowe from Justified.) She has a very distinct voice. 

If those are Negan's women, it seems consistent they would be the ones who might do harm to Maggie and Carol given the narrative around Negan's code regarding male violenc against women. 

I speculate we might lose more than Glen.

I certainly hope we don't lose more than Glenn. 

But what bothers me, as someone said previously, is that whatever happens to them is now kind of warranted. They attacked first. Which is highly out of character for the group. Kinda wish they would have left it like the comics. 

50 minutes ago, RumHam said:

Yeah that sounded like Alicia Witt (Wendy Crowe from Justified.) She has a very distinct voice. 

That's a good ear you have. She was good in justified so hopefully she has a decent role in the show.

17 minutes ago, Alia of the knife said:

If those are Negan's women, it seems consistent they would be the ones who might do harm to Maggie and Carol given the narrative around Negan's code regarding male violence against women. 

I speculate we might lose more than Glen.

I'd forgotten about his "rule". I guess if they kept that there'd need to be some loophole within the show - especially if we are to think Maggie/Carol are at risk.

I tend to think we might get a bloodbath with several characters not making it. I'm not sure whether that lessens the impact or enhances it wrt a lucille moment. Maybe have several die before the lucille moment? If Rick and Michonne were to be the only ones coming back from the trip it would definitely be a talking point. Although I'd be surprised if Jesus died so soon. The guy even takes confessions!

Really good episode. I'm 100% convinced Glenn will be meeting Lucille after the scene of him looking at the photos. I guess I'm in the minority, but I'm fine with them being the aggressors. Rick was right about them being in a weakened position if they waited to fight the Saviors while running out of food. It's nasty business, but it is what it is.  I liked the Hilltop guy's comment about Negan having nothing on Rick. :lol:

I certainly hope we don't lose more than Glenn. 

But what bothers me, as someone said previously, is that whatever happens to them is now kind of warranted. They attacked first. Which is highly out of character for the group. Kinda wish they would have left it like the comics. 

I was thinking the same thing............until we saw the collage of bashed in faces the guy kept on his wall. These guys clearly are monsters.

Archived