The Walking Dead Season 6 [Comic Spoilers]

kairparavel

44 minutes ago, Jack Bauer 24 said:

She was in Justified too.

Yup. That was a Justified season I'd rather forget, but I wouldn't say she was bad in her role. I actually mentioned it in the comic spoiler thread.

On 03/06/2016 at 1:23 AM, Lady Olenna said:

You and me both :(

I think she is going to meet Lucille. And I'm very sad about that. She is my favorite character :bawl: 

I think Lauren Cohan saying that the last day was devastating is probably because they had to say goodbye to mcbride. Carol struggling with her number count, finding some romance and baking beet and acorn cookies... :worried: 

So bummed. 

Why are redheads always evil? We really are loving. :)

59 minutes ago, RumHam said:

In her defense, I feel like this was posted just before her character actually got interesting. I'm not saying she was amazing, but her best work definitely came in the back half of the episode. 

Also I loved Carol impersonating her. Like I said her voice is very unique.  I'll always remember her from that season two episode of Sopranos.

Fucking D girl! :D

Pretty boring episode for the most part. Good ending though. 

27 minutes ago, Martini Sigil said:

Do not fuck with Hormonal Maggie....

I kind of wanted Wendy Crowe to hang around more.... I like her as an actor

Same goes for Gordon Hopewell

Chelle would have made a decent Psylocke

Thank you! It was driving me crazy trying to figure out where I knew him from. Can't believe I forgot Banshee. I watch too much tv. :lol:

28 minutes ago, Martini Sigil said:

Do not fuck with Hormonal Maggie....

I kind of wanted Wendy Crowe to hang around more.... I like her as an actor

Same goes for Gordon Hopewell

Chelle would have made a decent Psylocke

Do you watch The Night Shift? Jeananne Goosen (Chelle) is in it.

I enjoyed this episode. It was a little slow moving but I have to say that the almost all female cast was a nice change. They held their own. 

I can't understand the Carol hate, i love her scenes. Mcbride is fantastic. I could watch her and Rick all day long. 

So looking at the clips and thinking Abe is going adios soon - comic Abe died after Glenn? 

1 hour ago, Lady Olenna said:

I enjoyed this episode. It was a little slow moving but I have to say that the almost all female cast was a nice change. They held their own. 

I can't understand the Carol hate, i love her scenes. Mcbride is fantastic. I could watch her and Rick all day long. 

So looking at the clips and thinking Abe is going adios soon - comic Abe died after Glenn? 

Abe dies prior to Glenn.

I enjoyed it but my fear is the next episode will be from Rick's POV. I also fear we will have to watch an entire Morgan episode before the end of the season too.

We have to hope the Saviours have an A team or the TV version only has numbers on their side as Rick and Co totally destroyed this division.

I also feel the "we are all Negan" is a bit silly - especially when that attitude is far more applicable to the current villains in the comic who genuinely do behave in a collective mind fashion.

6 minutes ago, Mark Antony said:

yup I say it every season but this show would be so much better if it was ten episodes. Them dragging out Negan until the end of the finale is gonna be so tedious 

Only if they actually condensed the 16 episodes into 10. I'd fear they'd just do the usual string out approach.

I'd blame the money but the pre-christmas episodes didn't look cheap they were just strung-out. I think the creators think it's a clever storytelling technique because unless it costs less money to not have the characters in every episode I can't see the benefits.

16 hours ago, Lady Olenna said:

Y'know, I didn't think it was slow at all.  I almost didn't watch this episode because I was becoming somewhat bored by the same'ol, same'ol, but was pleasantly surprised.  I was riveted by Carol.  The way she was fiddling with the crucifix and doing her poor, innocent, sweet little lady routine, I couldn't wait to see when she'd bust out.  I'm really glad she wasn't too influenced by Morgan (probably due to Maggie's pregnancy.)  And Maggie was a hellion - as soon as Big Mama grazed her across the belly, she went NUTS.  :whip: 

I am going to be SERIOUSLY PUT OUT when/if Melissa McBride leaves. 

19 hours ago, Jack Bauer 24 said:

Do you watch The Night Shift? Jeananne Goosen (Chelle) is in it.

No.... but I like her... So maybe I will....lol

19 hours ago, Nictarion said:

Thank you! It was driving me crazy trying to figure out where I knew him from. Can't believe I forgot Banshee. I watch too much tv. :lol:

I think we *all* watch too much tv....lol

They're really going out of their way to make the Saviors look like a bunch of fucking chumps.  Ridiculous how many of them have died without a single casualty on Rick's end.  The problem with this is obvious...why would Negan now allow these people to live when they've slaughtered so many of his men?  Like, I could get Negan letting the biker gang blow up session sort of slide since Rick's crew didn't know the rules yet, but how could he possibly allow them to keep breathing after they've embarrassed him to this extent?  If he just kills one or two of them, they've gotten off incredibly lucky.

4 hours ago, briantw said:

They're really going out of their way to make the Saviors look like a bunch of fucking chumps.  Ridiculous how many of them have died without a single casualty on Rick's end.  The problem with this is obvious...why would Negan now allow these people to live when they've slaughtered so many of his men?  Like, I could get Negan letting the biker gang blow up session sort of slide since Rick's crew didn't know the rules yet, but how could he possibly allow them to keep breathing after they've embarrassed him to this extent?  If he just kills one or two of them, they've gotten off incredibly lucky.

I agree, a real point has to be made but you need to keep in mind that Negan requires a certain amount of slaves/farmers to keep his own community supplied. It'd be an interesting surprise if they get back to Alexandria and find he's decimated it (roman style) and taken Carl hostage. Then kills several of those involved in the kill squad eg Glenn/Abe/Carol/Maggie etc.

15 minutes ago, Morpheus said:

I hope they come up with some reasoable explanation for why Negan would not destroy Alexandria in retaliation, or at the very least kill Rick, their leader.  Hope it isn't some, "I respect how bold you were" bullshit. 

Well the comic excuse was "I really want to punish Rick by making him witness how powerless he is"

35 minutes ago, red snow said:

Well the comic excuse was "I really want to punish Rick by making him witness how powerless he is"

Yeah, but in the comics Rick hadn't killed 35 of Negan's men at that point.

Exactly, in the comics they killed a few Saviors who showed up demanding tribute, on the show they commited a wholesale massacre without any losses. Unless they are killing off like four or five main characters by the end of the season, I don't see how Negan can possibly deliver a proportionate response.

10 minutes ago, Morpheus said:

Exactly, in the comics they killed a few Saviors who showed up demanding tribute, on the show they commited a wholesale massacre without any losses. Unless they are killing off like four or five main characters by the end of the season, I don't see how Negan can possibly deliver a proportionate response.

Negan's retaliation in the comics made sense to me.  He'd lost a few men, but no one particularly important or irreplaceable.  On the show, he's lost an entire goddamn outpost and a biker gang.  It just doesn't make sense to me that he'd let Rick's people live at all after proving they were that dangerous.  At the very least, you'd think he'd kill Rick and put someone a little less bold in charge.

Archived