The Walking Dead Season 6 [Comic Spoilers]

kairparavel

7 minutes ago, RumHam said:

Did they even really attack first? Those guys were going to kill Abraham just to make a point before Daryl blew them up. 

Yeah that's what I was thinking.  They were held up at gunpoint by Negan's thugs in the fall finale, and one of them certainly would have been killed if Daryl hadn't blown them all up.

6 minutes ago, RumHam said:

Did they even really attack first? Those guys were going to kill Abraham just to make a point before Daryl blew them up. 

They were just attacking the trio, not really Alexandria. I like the idea of them being the aggressors if only to show that prey/predator can be a cycle. I guess. It's probably not that deep, is it?

3 minutes ago, RumHam said:

You're right. I guess it's the murdering in their sleep thing that seems very out of character.. And I realize the pics on the wall are meant to show us how bad these people are, but watching Glenn murder those guys just felt wrong. But I guess that's sort of his character closing the circle. He was lucky to have killed anyone by this point. 

Part of me wonders if Morgan is building a cage to put Rick in :lol: 

2 hours ago, red snow said:

That's a good ear you have. She was good in justified so hopefully she has a decent role in the show.

I'd forgotten about his "rule". I guess if they kept that there'd need to be some loophole within the show - especially if we are to think Maggie/Carol are at risk.

I tend to think we might get a bloodbath with several characters not making it. I'm not sure whether that lessens the impact or enhances it wrt a lucille moment. Maybe have several die before the lucille moment? If Rick and Michonne were to be the only ones coming back from the trip it would definitely be a talking point. Although I'd be surprised if Jesus died so soon. The guy even takes confessions!

Yeah, I kind of think that is what will happen. I'm speculating we lose Carol over Maggie because there is too much with Carol trying to make Maggie stay behind, hinting that Carol will be the sacrificial lamb. If they find out that Maggie is pregnant, with Negans code, they probably won't kill her, but Glenn, Abraham, and possibly Daryl, (though Daryl is a huge marketing risk).

1 hour ago, briantw said:
1 hour ago, RumHam said:

Yeah that's what I was thinking.  They were held up at gunpoint by Negan's thugs in the fall finale, and one of them certainly would have been killed if Daryl hadn't blown them all up.

1 hour ago, briantw said:

No idea why it's quoting you twice but can't get rid of one.

I still think they attacked first or at least they escalated the whole thing to another level. Daryl killed all of the Saviours they encountered. Fair enough they attacked first but that was a scout party and all those involved were killed. The rest of the saviours would never know who killed them. Now Rick and co have gone and killed (what they assume to be the whole group) the rest in their sleep. Where does Rick stop? If there had been children there would he have killed them with the reasoning to spare them would just create adversaries down the line.

How does Rick even know the group Daryl killed were sanctioned by the main group to kill everyone they encounter? Granted it'll turn out they were right to assume this but it was such a pre-emptive attack and escalation that a lot of it is going to fall on Rick and co for getting in over their heads. If Negan only kills Glenn then he's really being soft on them as he just lost an entire outpost plus the scouts from the mid season opener.

9 hours ago, Lady Olenna said:

You're right. I guess it's the murdering in their sleep thing that seems very out of character.. And I realize the pics on the wall are meant to show us how bad these people are, but watching Glenn murder those guys just felt wrong. But I guess that's sort of his character closing the circle. He was lucky to have killed anyone by this point. 

Part of me wonders if Morgan is building a cage to put Rick in :lol: 

Good call. That's probably exactly what he's building. Well, probably not for Rick, but as an alternative to killing someone. You know who will probably end up in it. 

I'm so far behind in the comics it's ridiculous. But from what I remember, we should be seeing Ezekiel's group soon? 

Negan's cell is in hilltop right? Or is it Alexandria? Either way, Morgan had better put his big boy pants on and get over his code because once he encounters the Saviors he will have a rude awakening. I think of all the moral compasses we've had so far (Dale, Hershel, Morgan) I enjoyed Hershel by far. They have taken what started out as a great character with Morgan and made him an annoyance. Which is truly sad because Lenny James is awesome. 

On the topic of Lucille: when I picture in my mind the group lying on the ground and Negan walking back and forth decided who to bludgeon - I see the eenie meenie minee mo landing on Glenn or Carol. They are setting it up to be carol, imo, but if they stick with the comics, Negan would indeed chose Glenn (because I don't recall him killing women, I could be wrong). We know he won't pick Rick or any lesser character. The other option is Daryl since he would appear to be Ricks right hand man. And they may just do it, despite the fandom. And it may be that Negan's female group may kill Carol or Maggie. It's so hard to tell because they have set them all up story wise to be killed off. 

Showing the softer side of Carol just makes me very, very nervous. 

5 hours ago, Lady Olenna said:

It's so hard to tell because they have set them all up story wise to be killed off. 

Showing the softer side of Carol just makes me very, very nervous. 

Which is actually pretty good storytelling for a change. There are so many characters being set up as targets. Hopefully some are red herrings or it could just be a bloodbath.

3 hours ago, Nictarion said:

Lady O,

Negan's cell is in Alexandria. Rick goes down to talk to him from time to time.  

And yes, I would expect we meet Ezekiel and the Kingdom soon (Jesus mentioned other communities). I doubt they do the tiger though. :lol:

After the bear in Vikings there's a twisted part of me hoping we do get the Tiger. Plus, like Abraham's facial hair it's a significant part of the character.

I don't think we will meet any more communities until next season, I imagine the final half season will be all about establishing how badly Rick underestimated The Saviors and how the satellite group was just an outpost B team. 

It will probably break down like this:

Season 6- Ends on a down note with Alexandria under the protection of Negan.

Season 7- First half about life under The Saviors, meeting the other groups, Rick trying to stir up rebellion. The second half will be the war.

Season 8- Starts with the big time jump.

I do wonder if they will end up killing Negan or giving him a larger role post imprisonment, I don't know how likely it is for JDM to pop in for small guest appearances. Not killing Negan is pretty significant though.

1 hour ago, Morpheus said:

I don't think we will meet any more communities until next season, I imagine the final half season will be all about establishing how badly Rick underestimated The Saviors and how the satellite group was just an outpost B team. 

It will probably break down like this:

Season 6- Ends on a down note with Alexandria under the protection of Negan.

Season 7- First half about life under The Saviors, meeting the other groups, Rick trying to stir up rebellion. The second half will be the war.

Season 8- Starts with the big time jump.

I do wonder if they will end up killing Negan or giving him a larger role post imprisonment, I don't know how likely it is for JDM to pop in for small guest appearances. Not killing Negan is pretty significant though.

It'll be interesting if they do the time jump. It would help align Carl with the actor's age though. I guess the next few issues of the comic will help determine whether Negan is worth keeping for the long haul. It feels like the core group will have to experience some serious growth to go from terminating people in their sleep to sparing leader of said group (especially with what's coming up)

21 minutes ago, kairparavel said:

I'm pretty much over Alicia Witt.

In her defense, I feel like this was posted just before her character actually got interesting. I'm not saying she was amazing, but her best work definitely came in the back half of the episode. 

Also I loved Carol impersonating her. Like I said her voice is very unique.  I'll always remember her from that season two episode of Sopranos. 

They really went all in on making The Saviors look like morons. Chris Hardwick just came on screen and said the mission was "not an easy one",  but aside from Carol's emotional stuff, it was cake.

At least it looks like Abe dies next week.

7 minutes ago, RumHam said:

In her defense, I feel like this was posted just before her character actually got interesting. I'm not saying she was amazing, but her best work definitely came in the back half of the episode. 

Also I loved Carol impersonating her. Like I said her voice is very unique.  I'll always remember her from that season two episode of Sopranos. 

She was in Justified too.

Archived