U.S. Politics - Indiana is super awesome

TerraPrime

I think there is an enormous difference between a baker who refuses to write "Congratulations Dave and Bill" and a baker who refuses to write "Homosexuality is an evil abomination" on a cake. I think a court would say the first baker is discriminating, and in the second case, you can't ask a court to order a baker to write language offensive to a protected group on a cake. Certainly a court would not order a baker to write "Jews should wear yellow stars" or "Turbans should be banned".

What about a word for word bible verse that could be interpreted as anti gay?

Yeah, there seems a rather obvious difference between "I won't sell jews a cake" and "I won't make a cake shaped like a swastika that says 'Kill the kikes'".

Well it's not even quite that, at least one of the bakers was willing to bake the cake shaped like a bible. It just that she refused to do that writing and the customer would have to do it himself.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/colorado-baker-marjorie-silva-faces-complaint-for-refusing-anti-gay-message-on-cake-1.2927469

According to Silva, the man who visited last year wanted a Bible-shaped cake, which she agreed to make. Just as they were getting ready to complete the order, Silva said the man showed her a piece of paper with hateful words about gays that he wanted written on the cake. He also wanted the cake to have two men holding hands and an X on top of them, Silva said.

'No reason to discriminate'

She said she would make the cake, but declined to write his suggested messages on the cake, telling him she would give him icing and a pastry bag so he could write the words himself. Silva said the customer didn't want that.

As opposed to the other baker who wouldn't make the cake period because on noes teh gays.

GoFundMe set up for Memories Pizza, under assault from SJWs

"More and more Men of the Just spilled from the siege towers, or clambered over the parapets, pausing only to glance in wonder at the grand pizzeria below. Some charged the nearest tower. Others were forced to crouch down behind their teardrop shields as bowmen scoured the heights from nearby rooftops. Tweets swarmed overhead, buzzing like dragonflies. Pots of burning tomato sauce exoded among them. Men fell shrieking, trailing streamers of smoke. One of the siege towers erupted into an inferno. The other smoked so intensely that dozens of Tumblr knights fell from the bridge, urged to rush blind by those choking behind."

"The Assault of Memories Pizza" Compendium of the First Social Justice War

What about a word for word bible verse that could be interpreted as anti gay?

No one could be forced to do this. That's what freedom of speech is all about. The ability to write or not write anything you want on any cake you decide to bake. If you wanted you could open up a cake shop that exclusively sold biblical verses on them and no one could stop you.

No one could be forced to do this. That's what freedom of speech is all about. The ability to write or not write anything you want on any cake you decide to bake. If you wanted you could open up a cake shop that exclusively sold biblical verses on them and no one could stop you.

So you don't believe that a bakery should be forced to create gay themed wedding cake then?

GoFundMe set up for Memories Pizza, under assault from SJWs

I know that even if you read this it will not register with you, you'll just chuckle to yourself about how you got a rise out of the liberal echo chamber again. As someone who thinks that the over-PCness of our society is reaching historically absurd levels, the backlash a business receives from proudly proclaiming that they're dipshit bigots is in no way equal to an assault by the SJW mob. That you can't tell the difference is not surprising, because you're you. You're someone who our grandchildren will look back on in disgust, the same way I (I would have said we but well, you're you) look back on disgust on Jim Crow and slavery.

Your brand of political fervor is a fucking plague on this nation. A blight, held up on rotten support beams of scared elderly people who desperately wish for yesteryear. Those people will be mostly gone in 10 years and so will the rotten, disgusting, hate-infested shitheap of a building that you worship in fall. So enjoy your hate and your bigotry. Enjoy your persecution complex and your projections. Your party will be feasting on the ruins of this legacy for decades to come.

So you don't believe that a bakery should be forced to create gay themed wedding cake then?

This isn't hard. They can't be forced to write 'god prefers gay couples' on the cake. But they can't refuse to serve them the same services they provide others.

This isn't hard. They can't be forced to write 'god prefers gay couples' on the cake. But they can't refuse to serve them the same services they provide others.

I don't recall asking whether they could be forced to write 'god prefers gay couples' on the cake. Although i'm not sure you're right that they couldn't be forced to add it.

No bakery can or should be forced to write something they disagree with. However a bakery can and should be forced to make a rainbow colored cake if they are a public business and a LGBT couple asks for that. Put another way anything you make at your bakery for a person you have to make for anyone else.

No bakery can or should be forced to write something they disagree with. However a bakery can and should be forced to make a rainbow colored cake if they are a public business and a LGBT couple asks for that. Put another way anything you make at your bakery for a person you have to make for anyone else.

So if they refuse to make a rainbow cake for everyone, then they don't need to make a rainbow cake for anyone?

I don't recall asking whether they could be forced to write 'god prefers gay couples' on the cake. Although i'm not sure you're right that they couldn't be forced to add it.

So... What exactly do you mean by "gay themed" cake? Something like that extravagant and fabulous rainbow unicorn cake posted earlier, with "Congratulations and Best Wishes Kyle and Nat!"?

And yet more Indiana idiocy, as the first business to publicly come out as bigoted fuckstains has publicly come out in the open.

The only question I have is in what world would a gay couple decide to have pizza for their wedding?

Is there such a thing as gay pizza?

Regarding the Muslim photographers:

"Islamic Wedding Photography is the first Wedding Photography company in the UK that offers a completely halal wedding photography service in London. Run by an asian Muslim husband & wife team that offers a segregated muslim wedding photography service with a dedicated female wedding photographer. After your wedding we will edit the photos in a completely segregated environment and guarantee that no non-mahram will ever see the photos."

I don't see where it says they only deal with Muslims. I see that they offer segregated services for Muslims. Which I interpret as the separation of men and women at the wedding and then again when developing the pictures.

I guess it's wrong, but any non-Muslim asking for services after reading what they offer is probably trolling.

Did I miss Commodore's disgusting post?

No, I'm sure they could not be forced to add it, just like newspapers could not be forced to carry adds for apartments that said "no Blacks" or "No Jews".

I went to that GoFundMe page, and saw the blather about a pizza joint "falling victim to the culture war." That was one war conservatives were eager to fight until they started taking casualties. They spent countless years badgering, outlawing, persecuting and killing gay people, but now they're poor, defenseless victims of the merciless homoMafia. I have zero sympathy.

I went to that GoFundMe page, and saw the blather about a pizza joint "falling victim to the culture war." That was one war conservatives were eager to fight until they started taking casualties. They spent countless years badgering, outlawing, persecuting and killing gay people, but now they're poor, defenseless victims of the merciless homoMafia. I have zero sympathy.

On another note, how would you distinguish the homoMafia from the regular Mafia exactly? They would both wear tailored suits.

So if they refuse to make a rainbow cake for everyone, then they don't need to make a rainbow cake for anyone?

If for whatever weird ass reason they don't carry rainbow cakes than they don't carry rainbow cakes. So no they wouldn't.

In none of the 'gay wedding cake' cases that I have seen has the issue been that the baker didn't want to make a 'gay themed' cake. The couples were not asking for rainbows or two men kissing, or glitter unicorns but simply a regular wedding cake of the style that the bakeries offered to (almost) everyone.

They were not refused because of what they wanted but because of who they were and what they wanted it for.

Archived