U.S. Politics - Indiana is super awesome

TerraPrime

And more Indiana idiocy. They shut down the states rural Planned Parenthood clinics and now, surprise fucking surprise, there's an HIV epidemic. The clinic in question that was shut down didn't even offer abortion services? Psssh, who lets little things like facts get in the way of a good ole fashioned conservative witch hunt.

This is the shit I hate. Politicians continue to refuse to acknowledge cause and effect. You shutter planned parenthood, you get an outbreak of teenage pregnancies and apparently, HIV outbreaks from dirty needles. You prevent people from having access to affordable health care, you get an increase in low income families having babies.

Next on Indiana's list: will be skyrocketing rates of Indiana residents on medicare and EBT.

and the politicians in Indiana wont know why this is happening

Next on Indiana's list: will be skyrocketing rates of Indiana residents on medicare and EBT.

and the politicians in Indiana wont know why this is happening

Sure they'll know. "Decline of Christian values, due to the war being waged upon us by immigrants, atheists and gays."

I am not denying there is bais against gays. I am saying that doesn't automatically make them a protected class. I dont think you can compare the gay struggle in this country to that of african americans. And when you throw them in as equal protected classes thats what you do.

Ah. So only groups that went through the amazing pile of shit that blacks went through get to claim protected status. How low can you set the bar on this. You figure gays have it good since they didn't go through slavery? Do you think Asians don't deserve protected status? Where do you set the bar on internment camps? How about Hispanics? Do they qualify, or have they not yet suffered enough at the hands of the state, the culture, and the business community.

For that matter where do you stand on blacks having protected class ongoing? Is everything all good - or at least not at the level of slavery, so giving blacks protected status is no longer needed?

And yet more Indiana idiocy, as the first business to publicly come out as bigoted fuckstains has publicly come out in the open.

The only question I have is in what world would a gay couple decide to have pizza for their wedding?

I admit it, I laughed at that...

I guess these people didn't get the memo that Indiana's RFRA law isn't about creating opportunities to allow businesses to discriminate. I just wish it were somehow possible to figure out where they MIGHT have gotten this completely mistaken and not at all correct idea from...

I admit it, I laughed at that...

I guess these people didn't get the memo that Indiana's RFRA law isn't about creating opportunities to allow businesses to discriminate. I just wish it were somehow possible to figure out where they MIGHT have gotten this completely mistaken and not at all correct idea from...

Governor Pence is shocked, shocked I tell you, to find discrimination going on in here.

Fez, what do you think of the Supreme Court medicaid ruling?

You mean the one yesterday about not letting providers sue states for low reimbursement rates?

I think it was the right decision. I'm no constitutional scholar, so I can't speak to the legal reasoning. But in practical terms, it'd be a nightmare if providers could sue anytime they thought the rates were too low; tying up agencies, providers, and court officers in endless lawsuits. Particularly since providers already have other remedies: they can contact the federal government and ask them to investigate the state's rates to see if they violate the state's Medicaid SPA or waivers, and/or they could just stop accepting Medicaid patients if they want.

I like how no one actually addressed the point about the Muslim photographer, other than to spew "privilege!!" at Commodore

Yeah, and the Photographer is under the same law as everyone else in England. My bet is that no-one has made a complaint against them for discrimination.

I like how no one actually addressed the point about the Muslim photographer, other than to spew "privilege!!" at Commodore

Aside from:

1) It's in the UK.

2) There's nothing on the webpage about them not serving Christians or members of other faiths that I can find. It says they offer Halal services so good for them?

So, what point is there to address?

Yeah guys and what about this bookstore in Saudi Arabia that I heard about? They don't allow mixed breed dwarfs or people with one leg longer than the other into their store. Why aren't you damned liberals mad about that huh? You damned hypocrites!!!one!!

Aside from:

1) It's in the UK.

2) There's nothing on the webpage about them not serving Christians or members of other faiths that I can find. It says they offer Halal services so good for them?

So, what point is there to address?

The front page of their website clearly says that they are a "boutique photography company catering exclusively to Muslim clients."

Now, I get that this business is not even in North America. But I am somewhat curious as to whether people in this thread think that a business catering "exclusively" to Muslim clients should be allowed to operate in the United States.

Now, I get that this business is not even in North America. But I am somewhat curious as to whether people in this thread think that a business catering "exclusively" to Muslim clients should be allowed to operate in the United States.

Should they? No. Can they? They can certainly try, and just like the pizza place up above, I would hope their business quickly fails and is forced to shut down.

In other news...

An interesting take on wealth inequality...

https://medium.com/the-ferenstein-wire/a-26-year-old-mit-graduate-is-turning-heads-over-his-theory-that-income-inequality-is-actually-2a3b423e0c

Rather than taxing businesses and wealthy investors, “policy-makers should deal with the planning regulations and NIMBYism that inhibit housebuilding and which allow homeowners to capture super-normal returns on their investments.” In other words, the government should focus more on housing policy and less on taxing the wealthy, if it wants to properly deal with the inequality problem.

But of course, we have top preserve all those pretty, pretty buildings, so..... Even if he's right, I'm not sure there's much to be done about it.

Weird. Maybe the site just isn't mobile-friendly; on my phone I get nothing but

Islamic Wedding Photography is the first Wedding Photography company in the UK that offers a completely halal wedding photography service in London. Run by an asian Muslim husband & wife team that offers a segregated muslim wedding photography service with a dedicated female wedding photographer. After your wedding we will edit the photos in a completely segregated environment and guarantee that no non-mahram will ever see the photos.

But to answer the question, absolutely not.

Archived