Football XXXVIII: Wenger v The Special One

MercenaryChef

Nick Deleon is asleep tonight. That was a beautiful setup by Pontius and he made a mess of it, and it's not the first time tonight.

Edit: please tell me "NDL" is not going to stick as a nickname

Also pretry sure I would have enjoyed being at the dcu batch more than yelling at obstinate cooks since 8am.

The terror of management is inevitable and never-ending.

Pretty sure newcastle is going down.

Pretty sure you'll be okay. Hull will probably beat Sp*rs (who clearly don't fancy another tilt at the Euro Vase), but will lose against United.

That means if you can take at least one point off QPR (who will have their relegation confirmed today) and West Ham (who've been on the beach for a couple of weeks), you'll be fine.

Aguero had a match of the season with 3 goals and 2 assists.

It's a good thing I picked him as my team captain in Fantasy Premier League. :)

Excluding him from the Player of the Year shortlist is definitely looking more and more ridiculous as time goes by.

That's a nasty challenge from Fabregas there. I thought it was Sterling playing it up at first but he could easily have been injured by that.

ETA: Good performance from Gerrard today. Nice that he'll sign off with at least one half decent game against one of the top sides.

I read some rumours today that Liverpool want to take Pirlo from Juve. Given that he still works there because they essentially shackle Vidal to him on grandfathersitting duty, and that without that he's just as, if not more, vulnerable than Gerrard has been this season, I really hope that's true.

Gerrard plodded around and offered little.

He took his goal well, but then he's always been good in the air.

He scored, he distributed the ball pretty well and him and Henderson did a reasonable job of controlling midfield. Admittedly it helped Hazard was unusually shit today but whatever. Yeah, Gerrard's been largely rubbish this year but he was ok today.

This just popped up in one of our countries football newspapers.

Or, to just summarize it here if you do not wish to manually translate the page, it shows that Mike Ashley or whoever the hell is in charge of transfers at Newcastle is bonkers. Essentially, they want to buy Hajduk's striker/left wing player Sandro Gotal, who is probably no way near good enough to play in the Prem(perhaps in the Championship if they do go down). Hajduk is my kind-of-hometown club and arguably the most famous club in Croatia and I am an ardent support of them(no matter that I am a really big fan of Arsenal too) and this rumour is really stupid. From what I've seen of him, at best he could start in cup matches and occasionaly warm the bench if Newcastle stays in Prem or be a rotation option if they go down.

He might also disprove me and become a really good striker but I don't think that's happening. Also, this is just a rumour, but for all we know it could actually happen.

I have to say, I'm yet to be convinced by Pep. I could do a poo capable of leading a team with Messi in it to the league title.

The same "team with Messi" (and Xavi,Iniesta, Henry, Etoo, Ronaldinho) ended up 3rd in Primera the season before Guardiola came - behind weak Real Madrid and fucking Villareal. Next year under Guardiola they won treble...

It amuses me some people think Guardiola came into team on top and just coasted on Messi's back to the glory.

whoever the hell is in charge of transfers at Newcastle

Graham Carr, who is actually really, really good and the sole saving grace of the organisational side of Newcastle in the Ashley years. He does like a gamble and some of them don't work out (coughEmmanuelRivierecough) but far more of them do, to at least some extent, than he has any right to expect.

Graham Carr, who is actually really, really good and the sole saving grace of the organisational side of Newcastle in the Ashley years. He does like a gamble and some of them don't work out (coughEmmanuelRivierecough) but far more of them do, to at least some extent, than he has any right to expect.

Well then, Gotal definitely counts as a pretty damn big gamble for them if they decide to go for him.

Swansea are probably going to give us a pretty good game tonight. Hopefully we have enough about us to get a win. I'd also like to see Rosicky and Jack come on at some point in the second half.

Archived