Watch, Watched, Watching: Witness Me!

Nictarion

I caught a rerun of an early episode of The Office and it made me quite nostalgic so I've started rewatching it. I'm on episode 7 of season 2. I don't remember when Oscar comes out as gay, and if the first bits was him deep in the closet or if they retconned some stuff. In s01e06 they were playing "Who would you?" and he instinctively and extremely quickly blurts out "Pam" and in s02e07 they're talking about bad first dates and Oscar mentions a her, but in s02e05 he wears a dress for Halloween and Michael makes a joke about it and Oscar has a weird look... Just something I hadn't noticed before.

I forgot too until another boarder reminded me yesterday. 12th June is the date I think. Here's the first reviews if you are interested http://blogs.indiewire.com/criticwire/first-reviews-of-orange-is-the-new-black-season-3-20150601

Sounds as though it will maintain the same structure as last two seasons, and they are generally positive reviews

Just watched Netflix's The Other One, a documentary about the Grateful Dead's rhythm guitarist, Bob Weir. Not sure how it would play for non-Deadheads, but I thought it was outstanding. Lots of great music, great footage, and some surprisingly candid interviews.

I watched Cut Bank the other day. It stars the other Hemsworth, John Malkovich, Billy Bob Thornton, Teresa Palmer, and Oliver Platt. It wasn't too bad, kind of a very low rent Fargo.

Tonight I watched Spare Parts - this one was like October Sky with undocumented kids in Arizona instead of poor kids in a failing coal mine town. So extremely predictable, but I still enjoyed watching it.

Watched 3rd ep of Wayward Pines...not getting into it at all but the last few seconds ensured I'll likely watch the next ep.

thank FUCK that GODAWFUL sheriff is gone I could NOT STAND HIM tbh i thought it was TERRIBLE acting, I hated the character, STUPID FUCKING ICE CREAM OBSESSION, he wasnt sinister or a good villain at all just a huge douche bag

I hope he stays gone he rly fucks me off and i LOVE a good villain

I'm all caught up on seasons 1 & 2 of Penny Dreadful. You guys were right. This show is awesome. :D

I'm hoping we get to see an epic witch vs. werewolf showdown soon!

I KNEW you'd like it! :D Take part in the Penny Dreadful thread!!!

I'm like 7 episodes into the first season of Orphan Black and it has definitely lived up to the hype. Tatiana Maslany is simply incredible.

I needed a show to get into besides the few I already watch and this is it. I couldn't get into Orange is the New Black and I'm a season and a half into Banshee but it's a little too over-the-top for me. Although I might go back to Banshee because there are a lot of good characters, it just seems like I have to be in the right mood for it or something.

I will. I still have feelings for Banshee but I just need to see other shows right now.

fair enough! :D :D but yes, it is totally worth re-visiting at some point; i am just about to rewatch the whole of season 3 as it's now only airing on UK television.

Just finished Frank. That was again a great movie out of 2014. What a lovely year that was. The directing was not very spectacular and it would probably have been better if it had been a tad quirkier. The rest of the movie was great though. I was really into the story.It was surprisingly moving and thought-provoking, but there were also just times that I couldn't help but laugh (in the good sense). Just a very funny movie. The music was nice as well.

The performances were great, but in a movie with Michael Fassbender, Maggie Gyllenhaal en Domhnall Gleeson that is to be expected. Both Maggie Gyllenhaal and Fassbender were more than deserving of an acting nomination I think. Fassbender, deprived of his face had to really work with his voice and his physique and he did it splendidly. I don't think it was the best performance of that year in either acting category (Simmons deserved the win for support and Gleeson should have won for lead), it was definitely worthy of a nomination. And Maggie Gyllenhaal certainly deserved a nod for support.

What is it with you and hipster good films?

Fixed that one for you Red :P

To answer your question, I do try to watch any film with great reviews. Sometimes I hate it (e.g. L'inconnu du lac), more often than not I love them :)

Archived