Watch, Watched, Watching: Witness Me!

Nictarion

I watched it a couple of weeks ago, and I thought it was terrible - but not in the "so bad it's good" way, just bad.

I might have been a bit generous labeling it as such. The funniest parts of the movie for me were how terrible the beavers looked. They didn't even try to make them look real. So I got a good laugh every time they were on screen. Still not even sure why I watched it, not really my kind of thing tbh lol.

Went to see Spy again tonight and loved it even more the second time. The crowd was a lot more engaged this time too, so the atmosphere was awesome. :D

ETA: Rose Byrne is really hysterically funny and she's magic in Paul Feig movies. I wanted to keep the ball rolling after I got home last night and almost most went for a Bridesmaids re-watch but then decided to look up some other comedies she may have been in that I hadn't seen. Landed on Neighbors with Seth Rogen and Zac Efron and decided to give it a shot. I don't particularly find Seth Rogen funny and don't really get his appeal but Rose was great (and having only seen Zac Efron in one other movie, I was pleasantly surprised by his acting as well!). Neighbors definitely falls into the raunch-com category but if you're into that sort of humor then I think you'll enjoy it. :p

I just watched Max Mönchs Footprints of War. It's a documentary that examines the catastrophic effects of modern warfare on the environment. Pretty chilling stuff, some of it is quite common knowledge (e.g. Agent Orange and WWI and WWII era poison gas granates leaking in the oceans) but there is stuff in here that will surprise people in a very, very negative way.

I know I'm forgetting some stuff...

Sundays - Game of Thrones.... Penny Dreadful ... and soon, The Last Ship

Monday - Turn (finale this week)

Tuesday -June, 21, Tyrant

Wednesday - Mr Robot (soon)

Thurs - ?

Fri- ?

Saturday - Outlander (S1 ended) ... Orphan Black ... and soon, Johnathan Strange & Mr Norwell

Not sure what else is about to start up...

We're binging The Americans... and after this, we'll probably watch Sense8

I know I'm forgetting some stuff...

Sundays - Game of Thrones.... Penny Dreadful ... and soon, The Last Ship

Monday - Turn (finale this week)

Tuesday -June, 21, Tyrant

Wednesday - Mr Robot (soon)

Thurs - ?

Fri- ?

Saturday - Outlander (S1 ended) ... Orphan Black ... and soon, Johnathan Strange & Mr Norwell

Not sure what else is about to start up...

We're binging The Americans... and after this, we'll probably watch Sense8

You don't watch Hannibal, True Detective or The Strain?

I just watched Max Mönchs Footprints of War. It's a documentary that examines the catastrophic effects of modern warfare on the environment. Pretty chilling stuff, some of it is quite common knowledge (e.g. Agent Orange and WWI and WWII era poison gas granates leaking in the oceans) but there is stuff in here that will surprise people in a very, very negative way.

I may just check this out.

I'm a sucker for War documentaries, and this may just be different enough to keep me interested the entire time.

Hannibal, no... I can't take broadcast TV... But True Detective & the Strain, yes... So when they start I*'ll be all in

Hannibal is a Cable Show that ended up on broadcast TV and is now paying for it. Well, somewhat. The first few episodes do hint that it'll stick to a procedural formula that falls by the wayside later.

But it's miles, miles ahead of something like The Strain.

Hannibal is a Cable Show that ended up on broadcast TV and is now paying for it. Well, somewhat. The first few episodes do hint that it'll stick to a procedural formula that falls by the wayside later.

But it's miles, miles ahead of something like The Strain.

Heck, it's miles ahead of most things on cable. Hannibal is a strange series, but nothing about it baffles me more than the fact that it actually exists. Season one is already very interesting, but it is indeed brought down a little by the procedural formula. The second and third season though, they are wholly unrestrained and it's so freaking great.

and soon, Johnathan Strange & Mr Norwell

So far, this has been my favourite BBC programme of the year. We're four episodes in and the first one got of to a slow start, but after that each episode has improved on the one that came before. This show is really great at mood and the ways they use magic is really interesting. Not just the standard old big flashes and loud noises stuff you usually see.

As to Hannibal, you really ought to try it out :) Brian Fuller is one of the best showrunners out there and he finally gets a show that lasts more than two seasons. Mads Mikkelsen, Hugh Dancy, Caroline D'Havermas and Laurence Fishburn are great. Not to mention the guest star. The show also has the best productiondesign on TV. It's just so otherworldly beautiful and stylish. The show also has a very distinct feel and visual style to it that is unmatched by anything on the TV right now, they are definitely number one when it comes to creating a distinctive atmosphere and mood for their show.

I may just check this out.

I'm a sucker for War documentaries, and this may just be different enough to keep me interested the entire time.

Nice, let me know what you think :)

I watched Spy. It's good fun. As spy send-ups go it's not quite as good as the Kingsman, mostly because that's filmed with more style and has better actors in the main, but it's smart and funny and all the things it needs to be. I'm not normally a fan of Melissa McCarthy but I enjoyed myself with this.

I was on a pretty good roll this weekend with genuinely funny raunch-com movies, but that came to a screeching halt last night when I decided to cap off my Sunday evening with Horrible Bosses. I think maybe if the whole movie was just about the bosses (Colin Farrell, Kevin Spacey, and Jen Aniston), it would've been pretty funny...but I didn't really find the protagonists funny at all, or even likable. And JESUS, Charlie Day's voice is headache-inducing! :ack: Being the glutton for punishment that I am, I decided to give the sequel a shot. :lol: Horrible Bosses 2 was stilll kinda "meh" overall in the jokes department but I think the movie was saved by Chris Pine's character who has a couple of great scenes.

The award for most blood-pumping opening ten seconds of any movie ever goes to...MORTAL KOMBAT!!! :P

ETA: This movie really brings back memories of my 90s childhood. It's actually pretty bad on the re-watch all these years later, but I remember thinking it was effing awesome at the time. And with stop-motion too! :D

I started watching Entourage for the first time a couple weeks ago. Really enjoying it. On like the 5th episode of season 4 right now.

But...I so want to see these Vincent Chase movies, especially James Cameron's Aquaman!

One of the funniest shows on TV right now.

Veep is the funniest show on tv right now imo.

Word. Last episode was incredible too.

Gary and Mike were, predictably, total messes when facing questioning and it was great. Jonah's assistant raising his left hand at the end too, that dude kills it everytime he talks.

Word. Last episode was incredible too.

Gary and Mike were, predictably, total messes when facing questioning and it was great. Jonah's assistant raising his left hand at the end too, that dude kills it everytime he talks.

That deposition was pure gold from start to finish! The "Jonad files" absolutely killed me with all Dan's nicknames for Jonah. Completely agree about Richard. He's hilarious. I loved him and Amy together, but him and Jonah are even better.

Archived