Rant and Rave without Repercussion [Book Spoilers]

Chebyshov

LOL, after seeing all of those critics saying the season sucked, is anybody even remotely surprised by the fact it simply confirms the good critics were nothing but PR moves to hype the season?

TV channels do this ALL. THE. TIME.

Indeed, but when I said it before, trolls flocked.

Here is the full dress in ep. 9

http://winteriscoming.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Daenerys-and-company-Official-HBO.jpg

(Jorah looks OSOM)

This is the dress ep. 10

http://cdn.images.express.co.uk/img/dynamic/20/590x/Game-of-Thrones-584585.jpg

This is like the black/purple white/gold dress all over again, noooo

I think the dresses are clearly the same :dunno: just now it's covered in dirt and ash (as it should have been during the pit scene last episode!)

Not a nitpick exactly, but Cersei with a hair-cut looks a bit like Anne Hathaway in Les Miserables

I definitely felt like the scene in the cell was very similar to Anne's in Les Mis.

She has only read the Sansa chapters, but since Sansa has been cut and she now plays Jeynsa, it probably doesn't help her much.

Thanks for the clarification! :)

I haven't read everything, but I find it surprising that some don't want to believe that show!Jon is dead. They have changed a lot of things, and they most likely have thought of how they will do it.

The show has omitted many of the fantasy elements: Lady Stoneheart, the warging of Jon and Arya, and several others, so there's a good chance they don't want to show Jon's resurrection.

It would be really unprofessional to have the actor tell EW that he's done with the show if he isn't. Magazines such as EW can make or break careers and they have been promoting the show like crazy. If they were lied to by Kit and D&D and unknowningly published a lie, they would respond next year with terrible reviews and absolutely no promotional stuff, which would damage the show far more than you think.

I don't think this episode was that bad given all the changes they have made. I was also wondering, where the hell did Mel find a horse, but other than that, it was better than last week's disaster. I do wish they had spent more time on Theon's transformation back to his old self. They even gave his best line to Sansa. Oh well :(

George's silence on his blog however is deafening. He used to be such a big cheerleader on the show. Now I wonder if he even watches it.

:agree:

"The siege begins at sunrise"

"but your grace, we have no men, no siege towers, no horses, no food, no way of maintaining a siege for more than a few days if that, and Winterfell is one of the most impregnable castles in Westeros!"

"the siege begins at sunrise."

:lol:

Also, I love the fact that GoT got compared to Lost. I love, love, love it.

Me too, so so fucking much. Especially because we've been saying exactly that since ep 1 while all the cretinics were gushing and covering this... this... this abomination in high praise.

And I can't stop laughing at the fact that this was THE INTERNET-BREAKING FINALE OF THE BEST SERIES YET!!!! Series 5 will be so awesome! Series 5 will 'fix' all the problems with those awful books!

It is hours after the finale and I still cannot believe how dreadful it was. Characters perform actions and as far as I can tell, the actions are supposed to transfix the viewers so we ask no questions. Olly had been in the watch for how long - a few months? Suddenly he is head cheerleader in a revolt? Someone in another thread (would love to quote them but no longer remember where I saw it) asked how Selyse got so high in that tree, in order to hang herself....ya know, cuz there were no horses, after all. FTW, which was supposed to be intense and emotional, had a home made creepy cross, stupid Olly, and other un-named crows who I guess were free to do some stabbing that night, what with bingo being cancelled and all.

I am just so disappointed!!!!

It does seem though that the NY Times article is complaining about some of the things that actually happen in the books. Like the walk of shame, if they would have left that out, the season would have been even more shit. Or 'killing' Jon Snow. Same thing.

We got them to complain at least. They'll need time to figure out what's really worth complaining over because they're slow that way.

*facepalms*

Anyone got a time machine so I can go back and convince Ronald D. Moore or J. Michael Stracynzski to propose this show to GRRM before the D's?

So, after watching Elio and Linda's video review it seems like they've pretty much decided not to watch/review any more episodes even if TWOW comes out before season 6. They look so dispirited at the end of it, especially Elio, who has always been more optimistic about the show than Linda. It was kind of sad to watch, even though they get in some really nice digs at the show.

Oh god, I'm looking forward to it but I'm thankful for the warning that they seem really down and beat up about it. Elio being critical surprises me since, as you said, he's usually very apologetic and optimistic about the show. I hate that Linda and all of us in these threads, all of us book snobs, are right. Since that means the show really is completely lost.

If Kit actually cuts his hair, that might be a clue.

It's been reported that he has indeed cut his hair.

Have we thoroughly discussed the stupidity of Mel just ditching Stannis and then looking all bummed at the Wall?

No. I can't get past how she got a horse when "all" the horses were taken during the night when half the army left but again nobody woke up.

I can't wait for the Bronn & Tyene spin-off that D&D have planned.

Don't forget the Awesome Jorah & Daario Show! (Soon-to-be-best)Buddy trip! Quips! Fun! Action awesomeness! Bromance!

That notion one had about Stannis' going to a heartree for the mountain clans, Northmen, Ironborn, etc. showing up is so much better than D&D's version. The show watchers in particular would have loved that.

No. I can't get past how she got a horse when "all" the horses were taken during the night when half the army left but again nobody woke up.

And those two scenes were back-to-back. It seriously makes no sense to me. They must not re-read their work, they have to write this in one draft. Two, maximum.

Have we thoroughly discussed the stupidity of Mel just ditching Stannis and then looking all bummed at the Wall?

Yeah, I think she was bummed because Stannis was all mean to her just because she was effusively cheerful in the aftermath of his daughter's gruesome immolation. She should be stoked that she somehow managed to get the one overlooked horse in all of Stannis' camp that is also able of running 500 mph. I mean, Christ, she almost made it to Castle Black before Davos did.

There are still plenty of critics on the bandwagon.

But D&D did a lot of damage to their show this season. I can't even honestly imagine what next season will be like. Someone must come up with a drinking game by then.

I have a feeling all the criticism will be a wake up call and they will try to be more faithful to George's story. I think they had bought their own hype and they're really surprised there's such a negative response to their story. I'm afraid the boat has sailed though. No matter what they do, it's very difficult to correct the mistakes they have made.

How Dany's story actually ended:

She called until her voice was hoarse ... and Drogon came, snorting plumes of smoke. The grass bowed down before him. Dany leapt onto his back...

In a dozen heartbeats they were past the Dothraki, as he galloped far below. To the right and left, Dany glimpsed places where the grass was burned and ashen. Drogon has come this way before, she realized. Like a chain of grey islands, the marks of his hunting dotted the green grass sea. A vast herd of horses appeared below them. There were riders too, a score or more, but they turned and fled at the first sight of the dragon. The horses broke and ran when the shadow fell upon them, racing through the grass until their sides were white with foam, tearing the ground with their hooves ... but as swift as they were, they could not fly. Soon one horse began to lag behind the others. The dragon descended on him, roaring, and all at once the poor beast was aflame, yet somehow he kept on running, screaming with every step, until Drogon landed on him and broke his back. Dany clutched the dragon's neck with all her strength to keep from sliding off.

The carcass was too heavy for him to bear back to his lair, so Drogon consumed his kill there, tearing at the charred flesh as the grasses burned around them, the air thick with drifting smoke and the smell of burnt horsehair. Dany, starved, slid off his back and ate with him, ripping chunks of smoking meat from the dead horse with bare, burned hands. In Meereen I was a queen in silk, nibbling on stuffed dates and honeyed lamb, she remembered. What would my noble husband think if he could see me now?

Hizdahr would be horrified, no doubt. But Daario ...

Daario would laugh, carve off a hunk of horsemeat with his arakh, and squat down to eat beside her.

As the western sky turned the color of a blood bruise, she heard the sound of approaching horses. Dany rose, wiped her hands on her ragged undertunic, and went to stand beside her dragon.

That was how Khal Jhaqo found her, when half a hundred mounted warriors emerged from the drifting smoke.

Then, wounded, still has time to demolish two bolton men.... BOSS

In the name of Renly of House Baratheon i'm about to extinct, i sentence you to die...

Mannis just says... "do your duty" BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSS

Character assassination aside, they AT LEAST, gave him a cool line and bravery that would make the Night's king crap his pants with ice

Speaking of which, how many Stormland houses just bit the dust aside from the Baratheons? The Carons? Morrigens? Bucklers? Estermonts? Fells? Jesus. Conningtons and Swanns got it good.

Archived