Rant and Rave without Repercussion [Book Spoilers]

Chebyshov

But I don't understand why Jon wouldn't come back. I mean, maybe he's really dead on the show. But it just seems like there are too many threads tied to Jon for him to just be dead. I don't understand, I'm afraid.

I have no doubt he will be resurrected somehow in the books - but he will certainly no longer be the Jon Snow we know. He will be changed.

In the show...I am inclined to believe he is dead dead, as D&D and Kit have said. I think it's stupid, I think it makes absolutely no sense, and I don't understand it. But, I see no reason why Kit and D&D would blatantly lie in interviews about it when they didn't have to say anything at all, or could have been vague.

what they did to stannis was total fan fiction.

it would be like if i ran a show and dany went mad, it's what i "believe" should happen, but it's not the author's plan.

they said to themselves, fuck it, stannis dies, so we will totally destroy him and make the audience hate him and turn him into a complete loser POS who couldn't lead his way across the river.

That's too good for D+D!

Sam will arrive in Oldtown within the first two episodes (and little Sam will still be an infant), meanwhile it will be tomorrow on the wall as Mel stands over Jon's dead body. She will try to save him with the power of boobies, but fails when she catches Olly peeping thorugh a window. He'll nod in appreciation of her magnificent busom.

Jaime will return to King's Landing, but only after he makes a brief stop at Evenfall Hall to ask Daddy Tarth for his daughter's hand in marriage. Bronn will refuse a prostitute and say he's longing for "bad Dornish pussy". Melisandre will use nudity to manipulate Thorne into burning Daavos at the stake so they can forget about the Rickon storyline. Balon will die off screen and Euron will give the eulogy at his funeral. Euron will be introduced abusing a young woman; the scene will be at least 13 minutes long.

Dany will almost be raped by a Dothraki until Drogon flies in and burns his cock off. The Dothraki see this as great power and ride with her back to Mereen (in one episode, no less) Doran will allow Ellaria to go to KL for some reason, taking the Sand Snakes with her. Tommen will fall in love with the most beautiful woman in the world, so Cersei sends zombie Mountain to kill the sisters, but Bronn shows up and saves his Dornish pussy. A dead Mountain means that Cersie can't use him for trial by combat, so Jamie and Lancel duel to the latter's death, with Jamie giving Lancel a triumphant gold middle finger. F**k Yeah!

Ramsay will threaten to rape Yara. (He needs something to do, right?) Bran will be a Master Warg, flying on the back of Hodor who has magically sprouted wings. The Harpies will totes like Tyrion, because, I mean... who doesn't? He's funny! They'll surrender to Tyrion and help him build a giant saddle to ride Viscerion after he bravely frees that dragons. Daario and Jorah will find Dany's ring in THE MIDDLE OF THE DOTHRAKI SEA and totally realize they're on the right path!

Finally, we'll see/hear the same flashbacks hinting towards R + L a dozen times, culminating in a botched attempt to burn Jon's body as he emerges from the ashes with three tiny dragons and on his naked body.

Fantastic! But shouldn't that be 3 little direwolves, maybe after they tried to freeze him or something?

Just saw this, I missed it, Larry said, "I sound like an idiot." :lol:

Oh dear gods, this is too good. I tried to ask NCW on the Twitter Q&A what had he done that made D&D keep him in the dog house all season, but I got there too late. :lol:

I wouldn't mind if Kit Harington would want to move on with his life and career.

Agreed. He seems to be poised to be very famous.

I'm sorry if this has already been posted but David Nutter (director) confirms that Jon is dead.

https://celebrity.yahoo.com/news/game-thrones-director-jon-snow-dead-204500697-us-weekly.html

So that's D&D, Kit, and now the director of the episode.

I have no doubt he will be resurrected somehow in the books - but he will certainly no longer be the Jon Snow we know. He will be changed.

In the show...I am inclined to believe he is dead dead, as D&D and Kit have said. I think it's stupid, I think it makes absolutely no sense, and I don't understand it. But, I see no reason why Kit and D&D would blatantly lie in interviews about it when they didn't have to say anything at all, or could have been vague.

I suspect you are right. I just hate that it's interviews that are potentially spoiling Jon's fate in future books. It's one thing if it's show material, but extra interviews just grinds my gears.

So did the show writers just skip over the Dorne chapters and do they masturbate to Ramsay shirtless? That is my only question coming out of tonight's episode.

That assumes D&D ever actually read AFFC and ADWD, which after the travesty that was this season I highly doubt. I know some didn't care for those two books as much, but goddamn...I defy anyone to tell me Jaime's or Brienne's scenes this season were an improvement over their supposedly "boring" arcs in Feast/Dance.

Oh dear gods, this is too good. I tried to ask NCW on the Twitter Q&A what had he done that made D&D keep him in the dog house all season, but I got there too late. :lol:

That would have been amazing to hear his answer, if he provided one!

Someone should make a Stephen Dillane appreciation thread, despite the character assassination, i wouldn´t pick anyone else as Stannis

There is one already!

That would have been amazing to hear his answer, if he provided one!

Oh I'm positive he wouldn't answer, regardless of how he feels about it. More than expect an answer, I just wanted to drop my 'I know it's not your fault, your Jaime is spot on, and the blame is entirely D&D's. :)

They likely just troll about it, but seriously, even if Harington didn't portray Jon Snow as he should have, he was the only character in the story arc north of WF that made the story watchable. The other characters don't work without him. Thorne is good, but ultimately boring and wont be around for long.

Carice and Cunningham can't carry it either.

And the wildlings, some of my favourite characters in the books, are just horrible and racist representations.

But I am all for him telling them to Fuck off. It was horrible what they did with their adaptation and characterization of his character. They don't really understand the Jon character.

I'm sorry if this has already been posted but David Nutter (director) confirms that Jon is dead.

https://celebrity.yahoo.com/news/game-thrones-director-jon-snow-dead-204500697-us-weekly.html

I'm just praying to god their stupid jump cut doesn't mean Stannis is alive. Once upon a time I would have cheered to see my favorite character, no matter the indignities the bad writing and bias that seeped through every moment he had on screen. Not now.

They've always been too very different guys, BookStannis and ShowStannis. But until Episode 9 this season there was enough of the man left in the show's portrayal that kept the dream alive.

In the end, what does it matter?

D&D are hacks. Martin seems to have very quietly divorced himself from further involvement in the show, ostensibly to finish Winds of Winter but I think it more likely that he's tired of mediocrities with final say on the show meddling in things that aren't broken. Of them sleep-walking this entire season with just enough venom to still ruin what's left in their wake. Of them making OOC bs the new normal in pursuit of controversy. Of them fellating their own asinine "artistry". You thought Orson "Beetle-crushing" Lannister was ridiculous? It's Shakespeare next to "Bad Pussy".

In the final analysis, I think we'll come to look on this as a grand idea gone awry. When D&D were callow newbies to the world of television and suitably awed by the masterpiece they were adapting, it was palatable (I count the first really bad sign as Waymar Royce's complete character gutting in the prologue. GRRM created a character of depth, combining noble hauteur with surprising bravery, in a freaking prologue. That's how good he is!).

Yeah, I was 99% certain that Jon Snow was permanently dead in the show. Now I'm 100%. We will probably see his body being burned next season, Tormound will do it, and Ghost be watching from a far then the direwolf will turn away and disappear into the woods for good.

Who cares if Jon is dead? Yes, it's sad. Like when Ned was killed, or Robb, or Catelyn.

The only reason it matters is if you're married to some fan theory about his Targ dad and Jon Snow riding a dragon into battle alongside Tyrion or some other cheese.

Jon is dead. Moving right along.

Archived