Marijuana Enthusiasts

Can't say I've ever had one I enjoyed. I strained my groin as a yute and it was very uncomfortable. I've strained my mental faculties many times over and found the whole ordeal a real drag. But to paraquote a great television character "that's often what the fuck life is--one vile fucking task after another."

Statement: I approve of the Al Swearengen quote whole heratedly, you are acceptable.....for a meatbag.

I used to love it, smooth and spicy hash, yummy green weed, good talks with friends. It was a GOOD thing. I was a partaker for 20-some years.

I don't know if it got stronger or my tolerance went down or what the fuck happened but I found as I got older, I couldn't relax and enjoy it anymore. I would have smaller and smaller puffs with friends but I would get way more high than I ever wanted to be and it sucked. The paranoia monster also showed up. :(

When I see people talking about different kinds sometimes I wonder if there is one that would be right for me and take me back to the good ol' days... but then I'm a parent now and it's probably best I don't go there. *sigh*

When I see people talking about different kinds sometimes I wonder if there is one that would be right for me and take me back to the good ol' days... but then I'm a parent now and it's probably best I don't go there. *sigh*

Meh. My mum secretly toked her way through my entire childhood.

I used to love it, smooth and spicy hash, yummy green weed, good talks with friends. It was a GOOD thing. I was a partaker for 20-some years.

I don't know if it got stronger or my tolerance went down or what the fuck happened but I found as I got older, I couldn't relax and enjoy it anymore. I would have smaller and smaller puffs with friends but I would get way more high than I ever wanted to be and it sucked. The paranoia monster also showed up. :(

I hear you - in my early 20's the only time I wasn't smoking a fatty was when I was watching my infant siblings. Other than that, I maintained a steady input of THC throughout the day. I don't plan on having kids but if I did I'd only be able to get ripped when 'off duty' or I'd be a paranoid basketcase.

Unfortunately for me and my chronic(heh) back pain, I can't smoke it anymore. I've had bad sinus problems the last few years and the few times I tried, I got a sinus infection. As some of you know, I've had chronic lower back pain since 2001 but have also developed upper back and neck pain in the last 5 years. I've been on Norco on and off since '01 and I've been worried about the toll it could eventually have on my liver and kidneys.

I did just complete a really great pain management program here in the Chicago suburbs where I was taught various pain management techniques such as advanced meditation (I had already been doing breathing exercises to combat anxiety), body mechanics, and way more advanced stretches and corrections. It's lowered my pain to a point where a part time return to work may be a possibility. But at the same time, on rainy (like Monday and today), snowy, or cold days my pain increases dramatically...it's very likely I have the onset of arthritis in my hands and back. So no matter what techniques I Iearn, there will be days where the pain overrides it. One of my doctors has recommended Cannabis oil and I've heard from other chronic pain patients in other states who swear by it. But it's still not legal in Illinois and even when they finally open the dispensaries, I might not qualify because Illinois has the strictest laws in the country where you have to have a very specific illness or injury to get into the program.

For now, it's still Norco but I'd love to ween completely off it someday and try the oil.

eta: corrected a sentence

There's a delicious recipe for caramels at land OH lakes dot com that lends itself well to edible cannabis. Substitute a 50/50 mix of coconut oil and butter for the butter, but make it special like. I have seveal relatives who use this for chronic pain issues.

I have considered trying that. I had tried vape but didn't like it at all.

I was going to suggest vamping, but since you don't like it, I highly suggest edibles (which I like better (for pain) than smoking or vaping), I mostly vape because smoking it actually increases some of my pain and making edibles requires more weed than vaping does so unless one has access to trim its more expensive to make edibles. I've heard good things about cannabis oil too, but I don't have access to that here.

I was going to suggest vamping, but since you don't like it, I highly suggest edibles (which I like better (for pain) than smoking or vaping), I mostly vape because smoking it actually increases some of my pain and making edibles requires more weed than vaping does so unless one has access to trim its more expensive to make edibles. I've heard good things about cannabis oil too, but I don't have access to that here.

That sounds bloody, unless you mean plunking out a nice I-IV vamp while you introduce a ballad to the audience.

I hear you - in my early 20's the only time I wasn't smoking a fatty was when I was watching my infant siblings. Other than that, I maintained a steady input of THC throughout the day. I don't plan on having kids but if I did I'd only be able to get ripped when 'off duty' or I'd be a paranoid basketcase.

Same with me Larry, as far as how I was when I was in my 20's. Now, I occasionally have a joint to myself. I have kids, so I can't take bong hits in the living room. I wait til their in bed and take a walk. It winds me down for the day and I sleep like a baby.

I've been out of the loop on the different varieties for a while, so I have to ask: "cheese?"

named after Method Man's character in The Wire, I hope? (where my cheese at, man?)

Also, as someone who relocated to WA from a more draconian state recently, I'd also like to say that it makes me proud that I can walk down to a store and buy some pot, just like with alcohol. Honestly never thought it would happen in this country when I was a teen

So what strains are people's faves?

I just had a AK mix that was pretty good. This weekend I'm going to either break into my silver haze sativa mix or kush. I haven't decided yet, but leaning towards the kush and save the haze for the 4th.

Chocolope. Just had something called Blue City Diesel that I loved.

I've been out of the loop on the different varieties for a while, so I have to ask: "cheese?"

named after Method Man's character in The Wire, I hope? (where my cheese at, man?)

Also, as someone who relocated to WA from a more draconian state recently, I'd also like to say that it makes me proud that I can walk down to a store and buy some pot, just like with alcohol. Honestly never thought it would never happen in this country when I was a teen

Sadly, you must also pay about three times what it's selling for on the street in those stores.

but yeah, it's still a step in the right direction.

I smoke. Im fairly new at it honestly (about six months) and don't know a lot about names and such but for ME, and I'm only talking about personal experience, it's been a huge relief to find something that helps my anxiety. I have chronic PTSD and am bi polar. cymbalta works great for me for the bi polar but nothing has ever been able to help my anxiety levels which at complete rest are still in the major stress area bc my brain grew that way. as a child I had to be hyper alert all the time so my brain thinks being super alert and edgy is just how I should be so this has been a real struggle. I smoke a bowl? no anxiety. it's a feeling ive never in my life been able to experience and now that I know there is some way to get relief on occasion it's definitely something I'm interested in knowing more about.

it's also helping me to be less anxious in general. since I now know WHAT not feeling anxious feels like I am more able to try and achieve that state on my own. it's done wonders for me honestly and I've seen no negative effects whatsoever. in fact I'm actually way more productive when high bc I am relaxed and able to focus. I know these are not normal reactions for everyone and like many I would love proper studies done. but for me it has been a real blessing.

as to consumption... I have a vape but it jams all the time and I don't feel like I get as much effect from it but it DOES smell way better and I think if I had a higher end vape it would be more reliable.

I wish I lived closer to Denver. The last time I travelled through there, I picked up a couple grams of 'Shatter'. It's like a THC gel that can be put in a regular E-cig. One of my favorite things ever is to smoke weed and talk about ASOIAF with my book reading friends. That is how I came up with the theory that Janos Slynt was the PWWP. :P

I would not recommend to treat/mix a PTSD and/or a Bipolar Disorder with Marihuana.

Unless you're a doctor, and really unless you are this person's personal physician, I would not recommend giving pharmaceutical advice over the internet.

Archived