Characters you just DO NOT understand people like

rayarts

It's all in your approach. You're reading this for Theon. You went back to read how the series affects Theon, not how Theon fits into the story. It's all about how the world revolves around your fav. Your opinion can't be trusted.

But... how did you come to like Theon just from the show? He barely did anything. It was because of Alfie Allen, wasn't it?

it's strange how you seem to think you know why I read the books then me. Theon is my fav and therefor I care about being accurate about him, I read and reread his chapters a lot. and yeah I mainly talk about Theon because I know him best of all the characters. as I said though I decided to read the books fully because I also go interested in other characters and the story, I have read everything now, just like you and yet when I talk about characters that I'm not very familiar with (which I barely even do) I make sure to add that they're not my area of expertese and ask people to correct me if I'm wrong.

than again your entire argument is weird in the first place because I was talking about Ramsay, who only appears in Theon's chapters and you said yourself that I am more interested in Theon than any other character, so why wouldn't I be able to have a valid opinion on Ramsay?

actually Theon got extra scenes in the first and the second season, some pretty deep scens I would say, where he talks about his emotions. I started liking him when he went back to pyke and got rejected by his family, because I felt for him and then the whole winterfell thing happened and I realized how much depth there was to him so I decided to read his chapters because I found him interesting.

You got to be kidding me. So if I just read nothing but Dany chapters my opinion of the series would be just as valid as someone who has read the entire book? "Conforming" is reading an entire book front to back without bias?

Is this real life?

U wot m8? People put Feast and Dance together because they believe that's how GRRM intended it to be. Two halves of one book, remember?This thread right now.

That's how I prefer to read them but the reality is Feast was published 1st so apparently it was meant to be read 1st.

i'm revising it at the moment, I mean, I started on it ages ago and last November I finished it super quickly because I decided to go to a con to meet Alfie Allen

"I'm writing a new ASoIaF book, and I know it's late, but it got delayed because I had to revise the whole thing, and I had to go to a convention." And GRRM says fan fiction is nothing like the real thing? :)

"I'm writing a new ASoIaF book, and I know it's late, but it got delayed because I had to revise the whole thing, and I had to go to a convention." And GRRM says fan fiction is nothing like the real thing? :)

I don't write fanfiction... I couldn't even if I tried, I write essays.

Eh I seem to recall seeing something something Starks are evil threads all the time.At least one a day was about how Jon was a traitor and Bowen Marsh was justified in stabbing him.

These were mostly trolling/devil's advocate type threads which were so effectively exactly because almost everyone here likes the Starks.

Then you had the Arya is a psychotic killer who had no right to kill poor traitorous Dareon.

This is actually 100% factual. ;)

Thanks, INKblackbird for your interesting analysis of the Ramsay / Theon dynamic. It seemed that it helped articulate some of my swirling thoughts about that brilliant bit of writing. I went from mildly disliking Theonto strongly disliking him , liking him again. I don't think though you can make me o Ramsay convert.

I like personal, bravely articulated positions in this thread. I value real and honest reactions highly compared to just snark.

I have liked most is martins ability to switch my first impressions of a character and like or dislike them in an opposite way once you understand their motivation or change in motivation George was dastardly with Cersei and Jaime or tyrion

The fact that characters I like other people hate and characters I hate other people like makes me admire the writing even more.

That's one way to look at it.

I don't like Jaime, Theon, and Jon Snow. But to each his own.

I don't hate Stannis but I can't see why so many people find him likable. Even as a character, I find him boring.

I'm not a fan of his, but you know, he just might become interesting in the next book. Maybe.

Jamie I like, it's crazy, i know, and probably all Brienne's fault. The Bran thing is not good but i totally would have knifed the loony tunes screaming about wildfire too.

Stannis and Jorrah. Stannis, I can't like him and don't get the appeal, mostly because Davos saved everyone from starvation on Dragonstone, he could have let him keep his bloody fingers! Too cold and black and white.

And Ser Friendzone just annoys me, he sold people, got his comeuppance and then tried to get in the Lannister's good books by spying on a 13year old girl and knowing it was going to get her killed. Yeah, he regretted it and all but dude!

Jamie I like, it's crazy, i know, and probably all Brienne's fault. The Bran thing is not good but i totally would have knifed the loony tunes screaming about wildfire too.

Stannis and Jorrah. Stannis, I can't like him and don't get the appeal, mostly because Davos saved everyone from starvation on Dragonstone, he could have let him keep his bloody fingers! Too cold and black and white.

And Ser Friendzone just annoys me, he sold people, got his comeuppance and then tried to get in the Lannister's good books by spying on a 13year old girl and knowing it was going to get her killed. Yeah, he regretted it and all but dude!

You have absolutely no idea how much :agree:

There are some characters who bore me, but there are only two characters I loathe sooooooooo much: Sansa and Catelyn. I just, ugh, loathe them so, so, so, soooooooo much. And I try not to, partially because I don't want to dislike any character that much and partly because my sister loves Sansa so much and tries to explain her point of view about why Sansa is so great and I just don't get it. I just see a stupid, blind, selfish idiot who can't see the fricking forest for the trees and never, ever, ever, EVER learns. And Catelyn, well, my goodness, the woman is such a cold-hearted meanie. I can't stand her. I just want to spork her eyes out. I'm re-reading the books again and I seriously have to force myself to read her chapters but I say very, very nasty things about her under my breath while I'm reading them. Sophie Turner has made Sansa somewhat more tolerable (season 05 actually made Sansa the most likable for me ever because she actually did instead of just was), but I still wish that Jennifer Ehle had been kept in the role of Cat because maybe she would made Cat work for me because as great as Michelle Fairley is she just wasn't able to overcome the loathing I feel for the character and I have a predisposition of adoration for Ehle, ah well.

These were mostly trolling/devil's advocate type threads which were so effectively exactly because almost everyone here likes the Starks.

This is actually 100% factual. ;)

Eh I remember Apple I think started a thread about how there was no justification for Danys actions in Mereen and it got like 87 pages before the mods closed it.And in response someone made a thread about how Ned Stark was evil cause he wouldn't kill children.And people legitimately thought he was evil.

Archived