Characters you just DO NOT understand people like

rayarts

Gregor Clegane would be a villain in my eyes even if he devoted the rest of his life to the rescuing of stray kittens.

Trying to picture Robert Strong carrying stray kittens to King Tommen, carefully trying to avoid to crush them :lol:

From the way Jaime is defended nope it isn't villainous to throw a innocent child to their death.

Some would argue that he was doing it for the good of the millions of people in Westeros that he forgot to think about when he started banging his sister but suddenly started thinking about when he tried to kill a child.

My favourite was: We shouldn't judge Jaime for that because if that hadn't happened Bran wouldn't have become a Greenseer.

Yes. That is exactly why Jaime threw him out of a window. :rolleyes:

Trying to picture Robert Strong carrying stray kittens to King Tommen, carefully trying to avoid to crush them :lol:

I wish I could use the Paint option and draw the scene but alas, this far Talent has carefully avoided looking my way.

My favourite was: We shouldn't judge Jaime for that because if that hadn't happened Bran wouldn't have become a Greenseer.

What the whatting what? I can put up a much better defense of Jaime against this particular charge. It'll be all false, of course, since I believe he's guilty as hell but still!

It's really a thing? Because Bran became a Greenseer?

I have trouble labelling Jaime as a villain, personally. He's definitely guilty of villainous actions, but to call him a villain oversimplifies his character, imo. Also, who is he a villain to? The Starks initially of course, but the one Stark he directly mutilated is no where near him and not opposed to him in any sense of the word. Their stories diverged as soon as Jaime pushed Bran from the window. He was definitely a villain to Cat and Robb, but they're both gone and he swore an oath to Cat, one he's currently trying to uphold.

He may be considered a villain to us readers, but obviously the matter is split. Many don't view Jaime as a villain. One of the most pure characters in the story surely doesn't. Perhaps I have the definition of villain wrong, because I don't think Jaime fits, at least in my view.

Are you saying that the matter on whether he's a villian is split in Westeros? Cause no the majority of people in Westeros hates Jaime except in the Westerlands. Westeros as a whole hates Jaime and does believe that he along with their family is the cause of their suffering and they are not wrong.

Jaime along with Cersei are the main causes of TWot5Ks for that he's labled a villian and rightly so. Jaime knowingly caused a war by giving Cersei 3 bastRds than attacks the Starks and is reckless causing the war he's a villian.

His actions have been negative and violent and contributed to the suffering that Westeros is going through he's most defiantly a villian and he haven't even acknowledge the role he has had in making millions of innocent people suffer that's a villian.

Tywin Lannister. Sure he's a great military commander, but he's just a horrible person. Eg. the Tysha situation.

This is the only one that comes to mind. I get that he was easily one of the most badass characters of the entire series but when people try to act like he was actually a good guy is where I'm stumped.

Jaime fans are ridiculous.

Stop.

I could :cool4:

Would you pass me a link if you decide to post it somewhere? Don't forget, newborn kittens are very tiny and we want Robert Strong handling them very carefully. No more than three at a time. Per hand, I mean. Man could probably fit five.

What the whatting what? I can put up a much better defense of Jaime against this particular charge. It'll be all false, of course, since I believe he's guilty as hell but still!

It's really a thing? Because Bran became a Greenseer?

Well, it cropped up in at least one thread that I recall. And it didn't seem to be trolling either, worryingly

Well, it cropped up in at least one thread that I recall. And it didn't seem to be trolling either, worryingly

I've seen posters say that a few times and no they were serious. I have seen posters blame Bran and Ned saying that Bran should have listened to Catelyn and Ned should have stopped him absolving Jaime of any blame.

Would you pass me a link if you decide to post it somewhere? Don't forget, newborn kittens are very tiny and we want Robert Strong handling them very carefully. No more than three at a time. Per hand, I mean. Man could probably fit five.

I will. I've drawn cats and kittens since elementary. That would certainly work.

Tywin, Randyl Tarly (imagining the few people praising them were really serious, I just can't believe I've read positive things even about their parenting qualities...).

In the good characters, I fail to sympathize with, I'd add Brynden Tully, since I've heard people praising him, for not doing like Edmure and refusing to protect the smallfolk, or for stubbornly wanting to hold Riverrun until a previsible bloodbath where former allies would be in first line. I also don't really understand how some people rate him as the best Tully when his main feat was to ignore their words (Family, Duty, Honor, and he refused to do his familial duty by concluding a good diplomatic marriage)

I always took his decisions re: marriage as an implication that he is gay. I'm sure I'm not the only one who thought that. I like the Blackfish. Hoster may have been a good Tully (we haven't read much about him except cats musings), but all his children are pretty terrible. I would definitely vote the blackfish as my favorite tully.

Calling Jaime a villain is ridiculous. You can call him an evil bastard or whatever but he is not a villain of the story.

Its not villainous to throw a child from a window now?

In A Song of Ice and Fire? :rolleyes:

Dany. I get that she had to get bogged down and grow up and learn to be a leader. Not to mention that her dragons needed time to grow up. She has more agency than almost any other character (certainly female characters) and yet everything she touches turns to crap. I'm convinced she would be a terrible ruler. I can't for the life of me figure out why so many characters (lookin' at you Jorah) idolize her and put so much faith in her.

Sam is a close second. Ugh.

Love Jamie. Perfect example of a character that becomes better after loosing something important (in this case his sword hand, which was how he defined himself). His evolution from truly terrible person to a guy I root for is a demonstration of GRRM's excellent writing.

I have trouble labelling Jaime as a villain, personally. He's definitely guilty of villainous actions, but to call him a villain oversimplifies his character, imo. Also, who is he a villain to? The Starks initially of course, but the one Stark he directly mutilated is no where near him and not opposed to him in any sense of the word. Their stories diverged as soon as Jaime pushed Bran from the window. He was definitely a villain to Cat and Robb, but they're both gone and he swore an oath to Cat, one he's currently trying to uphold.

He may be considered a villain to us readers, but obviously the matter is split. Many don't view Jaime as a villain. One of the most pure characters in the story surely doesn't. Perhaps I have the definition of villain wrong, because I don't think Jaime fits, at least in my view.

I consider Jaime an anti-villain.

Also you have to take into consideration that had the mad king burned kings landing Jaime was going to burn with it so there's self preservation. I can not remember the guote from Ned but he tells him he stepped up when it was convenient for him. He never stepped up for his queen. Had he not lost his hand he still would have been a total dick imo.

Also you have to take into consideration that had the mad king burned kings landing Jaime was going to burn with it so there's self preservation. I can not remember the guote from Ned but he tells him he stepped up when it was convenient for him. He never stepped up for his queen. Had he not lost his hand he still would have been a total dick imo.

He did help Brienne before losing the hand, though. And he was the only one who wanted to step up for his queen, this bizarre thought never crossed the great and good men that were the Kingsguards' minds.

He isn't this different from Ned Stark, in fact. For all his blusters, what does Ned do to ever protect the innocent? He shouts a little, makes some token gestures that I suspect have more to do with his own exalted perception of his honour and then he lets the bad men do their thing while he's feeling good about himself.

At least they have these conflicts. Which is more than what I can say about many people in the books. That's one of the reasons I love them both.

I consider Jaime an anti-villain.

As do I.

Are you saying that the matter on whether he's a villian is split in Westeros? Cause no the majority of people in Westeros hates Jaime except in the Westerlands. Westeros as a whole hates Jaime and does believe that he along with their family is the cause of their suffering and they are not wrong.

Jaime along with Cersei are the main causes of TWot5Ks for that he's labled a villian and rightly so. Jaime knowingly caused a war by giving Cersei 3 bastRds than attacks the Starks and is reckless causing the war he's a villian.

His actions have been negative and violent and contributed to the suffering that Westeros is going through he's most defiantly a villian and he haven't even acknowledge the role he has had in making millions of innocent people suffer that's a villian.

Westeros also knows dick all about Jaime. No one knows he saved KL (which to be fair is his fault). But what the lords think about other lords and what the smallfolk think is rarely the truth of the situation. People don't hate Jaime for helping start the War of Five Kings, they hate him because he killed Aerys, which is a bullshit reason anyway.

Archived